Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 01:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallikus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
to clarify, no one likes to grief and train other players except for TMO. Therefore, no other guild can stomach the nonsense of training/griefing tmo long enough to force a more peaceful system. therefore, status quo...vp was built and rules are maintained for tmo.
false
Old 02-12-2013, 01:16 PM
Planar Protector

Actually, it was built for me. Rogean and I are married and he likes to do these things for me, he's such a sweet heart <3
Old 02-12-2013, 01:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallikus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
to clarify, no one likes to grief and train other players except for TMO. Therefore, no other guild can stomach the nonsense of training/griefing tmo long enough to force a more peaceful system. therefore, status quo...vp was built and rules are maintained for tmo.
FE and TMO were having good times in VP last nite. Trying be correct... just once.
It's pretty clear he's become one of the people he described as No-life Nerds and Server Bullies.
Old 02-12-2013, 01:56 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splorf22 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A bit part of the problem with 1999 is everyone wanted to relive their something they did 10 years ago, but, and this is the key point, just a bit better. The people that just got to 40 wanted to be 60 and explore some new zones. The people that got 60 and were in casual raid guilds wanted to be the hardcore badasses with all the pixels they never got to have. The people that were in hardcore raid guilds usually didn't come back as they had already beaten the game the first time around.
Perfectly stated. I'm sure a few of the original hardcore types have come back temporarily out of curiosity, but I can't imagine those guys sticking around for long, much less getting involved in this raid scene.
[Sun Jan 31 21:43:23 2016] Kerafyrm was hit by non-melee for 94 points of damage.
Old 02-12-2013, 05:24 PM
Planar Protector

I missed out on kunark content back in the day, so it will be nice when SoV is released and I might be able to see some of it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-10-2013, 06:56 PM
Planar Protector

bump for sirken
Old 07-10-2013, 07:42 PM
Planar Protector

So my understanding from Kunark/Velious definitions of Customer Service Limited zones is that Guides/GMs are to still maintain investigating possible Exception Incidents (Abuse, Disruption, or Exploitation) at the request of a player.

Exception Incidents are defined to include Disruption, which itself includes Harrassment and Zone/Area Disruption, which training mobs would fall under to any reasonable individual (which is why they are investigated and punished in non-CS Limited zones.)

So what is the reason for the "non-canonical" allowance of training in VP (and in future CS-Limited zones upon Velious release) here? I mean, if we're going back to make everything like it was, why is training being allowed in these zones when clearly it was still subject to punishment on Live despite being "CS Limited"?

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 07-10-2013, 07:47 PM
Planar Protector

This is a good discussion but really makes me think you guys would be a lot happier on red server where there are more consequences for being this sort of dirtbag.
Lost but not forgotten.
Last edited by Gustoo; 07-10-2013 at 07:50 PM..
Old 07-10-2013, 07:50 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is a good discussion but really makes me think you guys would be a lot happier on red server where there are more consequences for being dirtbags.
Yeah, the consequence that the dirtbag Red players face is a nearly empty server with nothing but a handful of other dirtbags to hang around with. It's like EQ hell.
Old 07-10-2013, 08:39 PM
Large Rat

Harassment – targeting another player, or group of players, to harm or inconvenience them
Zone/Area Disruption – monopolizing most or all of the kills in an area rather than stealing from a specific player or group of players, deliberately blocking a doorway or narrow area so other players can’t get past, refusing to cooperate with the other parties at a contested spawn site after having been instructed to do so by a CS Representative

So Zone/Area disruption? Aka bards?
Closed Thread