Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 02-28-2022, 12:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think some guys are underestimating what it looks like to live under an autocrat psychopath. Atrocities actually happen guys. Worse ones than institutional racism or other problems the united states faces today.
^

There's worse things then getting denied lattes and cakes over purple hair. Or getting funny looks walking into an iPhone store. Or having to plan your own meals and not eat out every damn day.
Old 02-28-2022, 12:18 PM
Planar Protector

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think some guys are underestimating what it looks like to live under an autocrat psychopath. Atrocities actually happen guys. Worse ones than institutional racism or other problems the united states faces today. You're underestimating how vastly superior even a fucked up democracy style government like the united states enjoys is when compared to available alternatives.
Old 02-28-2022, 12:32 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
I think some guys are underestimating what it looks like to live under an autocrat psychopath. Atrocities actually happen guys. Worse ones than institutional racism or other problems the united states faces today. You're underestimating how vastly superior even a fucked up democracy style government like the united states enjoys is when compared to available alternatives.
If you'd rather live on your knees than die on your feet, you aren't an American, we value freedom over life.
Old 02-28-2022, 12:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Right now they get to fight for their fields and their ability to govern and decide for themselves.
Jibartik's loyalties clearly lie with King George. A significant segment of the American populations were Tories, Loyalists. They posed the same question and to them the answer was "we don't think the ability to govern ourselves on a discrete national level is important enough for us to bear arms." It's not insignificant that a great portion of supporters of the Crown were the well-off, the ones who had the most to lose from any turmoil. They thought the Continentals were dirty poor peasants, mostly drunk and definitely living in poverty. If only they accepted the munificent decisions of an autocratic monarch from across the ocean, things would surely improve.

I visited the Continental army encampment historical site near Morristown, New Jersey. I went in winter on purpose. I saw where the soldiers spent the winter, the terrible crowded lice-ridden hovels, the conditions they had to endure while unpaid and nearly unfed. It was known as "the hard winter" . It snowed in Morristown 20 times that season including a blizzard that dumped 4 feet of snow overnight. Each and every single of those men could have just walked away and went back to their homes. Some did. But enough stayed to win the war against the greatest military power on earth.

The greatest catalyst for change in human history have been people living in poverty. The French Revolution was not led by the bankers. It wasn't the merchants who overthrew the Tzar. Mao's army didn't have a single hedge fund manager in it when he unified China.

The most powerful person on earth is someone who has nothing to lose.
Old 02-28-2022, 12:46 PM
Banned

Molotov Cocktail user guide https://imgur.com/gallery/Wrnem6I
Old 02-28-2022, 12:46 PM
Banned

It's always the European, Middle Eastern, African side that has the most wars

and then there's American who loves getting involved in everything
Old 02-28-2022, 12:52 PM
Planar Protector

What's the thought here?

George Soros coming out in support of Ukraine isn't a good sign.

Why again am I supposed to care about a corrupt country being taken over by another corrupt country? Ukraine isn't a democracy and it won't ever be a democracy. I should care about them because of natural gas? Why should I care about that? We have plenty of fossil fuel in North America. We need to get on Nuclear, green energy sucks and climate change isn't the crisis we're told.

The West tends to think the world wants to live like us, but they do not. Hell, I would say most Americans don't want Freedom. Most people on earth prefer to be led, not assigning a value to that belief but I do believe covid has proven it.
Old 02-28-2022, 12:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesteaded [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hell, I would say most Americans don't want Freedom. Most people on earth prefer to be led, not assigning a value to that belief but I do believe covid has proven it.
The eternal compromise between security and freedom. Does an animal want to live in a cage with near-guaranteed safety and food provided but no actual freedom…or does it want to live in the wild with a constant risk of death and the requirement of providing for yourself with no help from anyone

I agree most Americans would choose the cage
Old 02-28-2022, 01:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesteaded [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What's the thought here?

George Soros coming out in support of Ukraine isn't a good sign.

Why again am I supposed to care about a corrupt country being taken over by another corrupt country? Ukraine isn't a democracy and it won't ever be a democracy. I should care about them because of natural gas? Why should I care about that? We have plenty of fossil fuel in North America. We need to get on Nuclear, green energy sucks and climate change isn't the crisis we're told.

The West tends to think the world wants to live like us, but they do not. Hell, I would say most Americans don't want Freedom. Most people on earth prefer to be led, not assigning a value to that belief but I do believe covid has proven it.
In this thread, Homesteaded Seriously Thinks about Freedom with a Capital F and I have absolutely no notes
Old 02-28-2022, 01:15 PM
Banned

Most. Not all. When you start caging everyone you're bound to meet a tiger. And they will not take it.

Not to mention..sure cages are "safe". People don't thrive in cages though. They get obese. Lethargic. Do drugs. Self harm. Develop psychosis..it takes really strong people to survive being caged with their spirit and health intact. And believe me. Those people are waiting for opportunities and mentally focused on destroying those cages.

This is why my rants about FDA, USDA, DEA, DOE, DOT, HHS, and their spider web of sub-orgs at the state level.

Going to jail for feeding, clothing, healing ourselves and the sick, outside of the approved food and health and power distribution channels. R.i.p.

I don't think Ukrainians want the Russian version of that. Or the NATO. They're being forced to choose right now by Russia. So this is what they are fighting.

I think Ukraine was doing an o.k. job on its own. Russia didn't want them to choose NATO.. and honestly may have been on the brink of starvation, literal, or economic, so they reached out again to Ukraine. Their historical breadbasket. Which Ukraine still remembers.

Most of you don't know about famine. Your cage is comfortable. They'll give you a bag of I.V. fluids to make you feel better and shove you back into the street or your shelter.

Look to Ukraine if you want an example of free men and women. Slaves, and caged people won't fight like they do. They would have laid down and accepted the Russian army with open arms like Putin expected.

Ukraine wants the opportunity to live free and uncaged. And real freedom isn't about "muh rights". Or what you have. It's about how you live and who you depend on. Ukraine has depended on Russia in living memory. They don't want to beg Putin and his rich cronies for scraps and permission while propping up the Russian economy.

Slava Ukraini!
Last edited by starkind; 02-28-2022 at 01:19 PM.. Reason: Spellingz