Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2015, 08:45 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think they find Brienne. That would actually give her storyline a purpose, and remove Sansa from drama. I doubt it's that easy.

Baelish was moving north. Maybe he goes up, crushes the Boltons, finds Sansa, and the Northern Conspiracy tries to depose Peter in favor of her as Wardeness of the North? Then again, she knows that Bran and Rickon are alive, so who knows....

Ultimately, I think in both the books and the show, she will outmaneuver Baelish, causing his demise. Whenever this happens, she will be in a position to become a major Lord/Lady whatever the fuck you call it. I imagine in the books, however, this will take place either in the Vale or the Riverlands, as her character probably won't be going north any time soon.
Brienne is not one of my favorite characters, so my tendency is to wish for some giddyap in her storyline. I think she exists to flesh out other characters, so its been a dreary season for her. And, i can't know what she's going to do with Stannis - fair chance she spared him IMO.

I agree with you, If Baelish is going down, Sansa will be integral player. I tend to think her education from Baelish is not complete, so that could be a convenient escape route.

More to the point of my earlier comment, though, Sansa's next step has to happen really fast IF she is to escape. She and Theon are not prepared for an escape; on foot, in winter, with only the clothes on their backs, and when Ramsay discovers her missing he's is going to loose the hounds.
Old 06-23-2015, 12:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sirk-dog:

I tend to like Melisandre also. I think she has good intentions (though she is evil as fuck), and is generally and all-around bad ass.

I also think she has a lot of blind spots beneath that facade of confidence. She is going to die a nasty death when she makes a mistake and it comes back to bite her in the ass.

I predict she dies in WOW (perhaps in the resurrection of j. snow).

Your thoughts?
I don't think she is evil.

She does things because she believes they will further the cause for the greater good. I'm not aware of her doing evil stuff without proper motivation.

Fanatic or extremist seem more appropriate.
Old 06-23-2015, 12:32 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dorms was awful but I loved the scene with Jaime and myrcella. That is until she (likely) died.
i knew she was gonna die after that. whenever HBO writes a death, they try to get you more attached to the character first via a couple emotional scenes. they did the same thing with Shireen. it will however be very interesting to see what happens next. the lannisters are no longer in a position to go to war with Dorne. and Tristain is now essentially a Lannister hostage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derpcake [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think she is evil.
She does things because she believes they will further the cause for the greater good. I'm not aware of her doing evil stuff without proper motivation.
Fanatic or extremist seem more appropriate.
shes evil as fuck, im just not sure that shes aware of it. of all the red priests we've met (Melisandre, Thoros, Moqorro, and Benerro), Mel appears to be the least proficient at her skills. i dont think shes purposely misled Stannis, but i think one of two things happened. either the flames showed her what she needed to see to get her to the wall to meet Jon, or she misinterpreted the visions in the flames and mistook visions of Jon for visions of Stannis. only time will tell exactly which side of the fence the red god is on. but as it stands now, she appears to be against the whitewalkers, i just dont think she cares what price she pays to satisfy her god. (fwiw, remember Mel is from Assai. a lot of people think the red god is super real because they've seen Mel's magic. but Melisandre comes from a land full of supposed dark magic users. its very possible most of her tricks are not acts of the red god, but moreso tricks designed to convert people to their religion. i also dont expect any of the gods to play any role in the battle of ice and fire.)

Sirken's Twitch Stream - www.twitch.tv/sirken_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Accusing me of simultaneous favoritism for two opposing guilds involves a special kind of stupid
Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten View Post
going after sirken is like going to a cheerleader convention and punching the only one that bothered to talk to you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post
I've met Sirken IRL.. he ain't jelly of shit

Old 06-23-2015, 12:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i knew she was gonna die after that. whenever HBO writes a death, they try to get you more attached to the character first via a couple emotional scenes. they did the same thing with Shireen. it will however be very interesting to see what happens next. the lannisters are no longer in a position to go to war with Dorne. and Tristain is now essentially a Lannister hostage.

shes evil as fuck, im just not sure that shes aware of it. of all the red priests we've met (Melisandre, Thoros, Moqorro, and Benerro), Mel appears to be the least proficient at her skills. i dont think shes purposely misled Stannis, but i think one of two things happened. either the flames showed her what she needed to see to get her to the wall to meet Jon, or she misinterpreted the visions in the flames and mistook visions of Jon for visions of Stannis. only time will tell exactly which side of the fence the red god is on. but as it stands now, she appears to be against the whitewalkers, i just dont think she cares what price she pays to satisfy her god. (fwiw, remember Mel is from Assai. a lot of people think the red god is super real because they've seen Mel's magic. but Melisandre comes from a land full of supposed dark magic users. its very possible most of her tricks are not acts of the red god, but moreso tricks designed to convert people to their religion. i also dont expect any of the gods to play any role in the battle of ice and fire.)
Randall Tarly will be in next season, so the crown is going to war. I'm assuming since Kevan is back in KL, he will sort out this shit with the Sparrows and get Loras released. Or at least show some actual contrition towards the queen of thorns such that she feels satisfied enough with the lannister alliance to aid them in their war. I would think this war would be in Dorne, but since a pirate is being casted for season 6, maybe Euron will attack. I really don't know. Tristane complicates things.

Thoros seems good, melisandre seems evil. I do agree with you though, I'm not sure the gods are real. If they are, R'hllor and the Great Other are likely part of a cosmic balance, rather than simply good or evil, respectively.
Old 06-23-2015, 02:56 PM
Banned

I like her tits though.
Old 06-23-2015, 04:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtokes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I like her tits though.
meh
Old 06-23-2015, 07:30 PM
Sarnak

Melisandre. She's got some mojo; there's no denying those killer shadows. She sees some things in her fires, but she doesn't always know what she's seeing. She gamed Stannis, and perhaps herself. She knew his sword wasn't Lightbringer. The leeches? Sorry, wasn't her. The whole king's blood thing is goofy, but that's her big play. She asks the lord of light for a vision of Azor Ahai, sees Jon and doesn't understand. She's really dangerous because she has some power and she's wrong way too much. Stannis allowed her into his life because he couldn't make good on his birth right on his own.
Old 06-23-2015, 07:50 PM
Sarnak

You don't want Sansa and Theon to go spat, do you? They're going to be into some pretty interesting stuff.

I'm more forgiving of showrunners than a lot of folks mainly because Martin's world is so big and story holds so many surprises and possibilities. Cuts and shortcuts were inevitable. But, i agree with you, season 5 in Dorne was a disaster, until the end. We head into season 6 with wicked internal strife in Dorne, Myrcella dead by Dornish hands creating crazed Lannister wrath, Trystane a prisoner, and the Lannister/Tyrell alliance hosed up. Let's showrunners up their gaime and do this set-up justice.
Old 06-23-2015, 07:51 PM
Sarnak

Also, early Jamie. Two handed Jamie. That guy would have cut off Trystane's head, threw his body over board, and sent the head back to Doran with a nice fruit basket.
Old 06-23-2015, 08:32 PM
Fire Giant

If Brienne killed Stanis they would have shown the head being removed. It was censored by not showing it so I'd say Stanis is alive.
They arent shy about showing the gore
Closed Thread