Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2015, 10:07 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sirk-dog:
I tend to like Melisandre also. I think she has good intentions (though she is evil as fuck), and is generally and all-around bad ass.
I also think she has a lot of blind spots beneath that facade of confidence. She is going to die a nasty death when she makes a mistake and it comes back to bite her in the ass.
I predict she dies in WOW (perhaps in the resurrection of j. snow).
Your thoughts?
i hate Mel. as i said, i truly believes that she believes shes doing the right thing. and i truly believe that her and her church are trying to stop the long night from happening again. but they are fanatics, and they are obsessed with prophecy. and i think sometimes the red priests might see things that arent really there, simply because its what they are looking for.

its like ghost hunter people. if you are looking for ghosts, then every dust spec, every shadow, and every sound "must be" a ghost. whereas to a person just walking and not ghost hunting, they'd only see a dust particle as dust, a shadow as a shadow, and a sound as whatever sound they heard. sometimes when people look for something hard enough, they try to force it like a puzzle piece that doesnt exactly fit

Sirken's Twitch Stream - www.twitch.tv/sirken_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Accusing me of simultaneous favoritism for two opposing guilds involves a special kind of stupid
Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten View Post
going after sirken is like going to a cheerleader convention and punching the only one that bothered to talk to you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post
I've met Sirken IRL.. he ain't jelly of shit

Last edited by Sirken; 06-23-2015 at 10:11 PM..
Old 06-24-2015, 02:44 PM
Fire Giant

Some good stuff re: Jon Snow here http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/...ocial_facebook
Old 06-24-2015, 05:06 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Add this to the OP Sirken...too goog.
Old 06-24-2015, 07:54 PM
Banned

My guess on mel is that everything she has done in stannis' service has been to get her to her real goal, whatever that is, with jon snow. None of it was her making mistakes or misreading anything. All of the "failures" are just necessary steps to get her to what she saw in the fire. Which explains why she didn't even seem sincere the first time we saw her in the series when she was talking about stannis being the Lord of light.
Old 06-25-2015, 11:16 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rararboker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My guess on mel is that everything she has done in stannis' service has been to get her to her real goal, whatever that is, with jon snow. None of it was her making mistakes or misreading anything. All of the "failures" are just necessary steps to get her to what she saw in the fire. Which explains why she didn't even seem sincere the first time we saw her in the series when she was talking about stannis being the Lord of light.
That's a pretty forgiving view of Mel. If we accept Jon is to be Azor Ahai Reborn, I think her viewing Stannis in her flames was meant to lead her to Jon, but look at the hash she's made of that vision so far. There are other visions she seems to choose to ignore because they don't fit what she wants to happen. Her King's blood/blood magic moves are total manure, which really chaps my cheeks.

Rather than continue to rag on her, I'll just say if she interpreted her dreams correctly 100% of the time, GRRM's story would be shorter and lesser. Its part of what makes his writing interesting - characters are complicated, flawed, lovable and detestable. I happen to really like Davos. He's a smart, brave, dependable character, and since he is a POV and distrusts Mel, I do too.

BTW, at no time in my readings did i get the impression that Mel did not sincerely believe Stannis was Azor Ahai. Help me, because I don't know where the story tells us otherwise.
Last edited by holahouze; 06-25-2015 at 11:37 AM..
Old 06-26-2015, 02:13 PM
Sarnak

Check out what HBO has to say about Stannis.

http://viewers-guide.hbo.com/game-of...nnis-baratheon
Old 06-26-2015, 02:19 PM
Fire Giant

Hmmmm,,, so HBO is saying Stannis was killed

Interesting
Old 06-26-2015, 03:26 PM
Sarnak

Kind of a bizarre way to get confirmation, but that's what the site says. That hurt more than i thought it would...
Old 06-26-2015, 03:28 PM
Kobold

Yeah =/ I usually watch each episode a few times. This last one I only watched once.
Old 06-26-2015, 09:27 PM
Former Moderator

I bet lunch he isnt dead - they'd have showed it. They showed Neds head, by not Stannis'? People loved Ned, and hated Stannis (after he burned his daughter), so if he were dead - they'd have showed it.
Closed Thread