Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 08:28 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumesh Uhl'Belk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not sure what you think a hell level is, but it sounds like you don't understand the mechanics involved. There is no "hell level penalty." Hell levels are levels where the last modifier in the "xp required to level up" function incremented. This happened at 30 35 40 45 and 51 52 53 twice at 54 55 56 57 58 twice at 59 and at 60. This just means that those levels take more xp to get through than most others.

If a level 43 human cleric was grouped with a level 45 troll sk, a ranger, 2 int casters and a dwarf rogue, all killing level 45 mobs, then he would level in about half the time as the level 45s would. He has much less xp that the other members of the party, and gets a lower share of the xp, BUT he needs MUCH less xp to level, so he does level faster.

Again, not trying to be mean, but you need to read through what the devs said earlier in this thread. What you posted is how the mechanics SHOULD work but that is not how they are actually working. Right now, if a level 43 and a level 45 are grouped, they will level at the same rate because the level 45 is taking more experience to compensate for the penalty they bring to the group just as a hybrid is now doing. This is what I am trying to bring to the dev's attention that it is not classic to behave this way in terms of hell levels.
Old 07-06-2010, 08:40 AM
Developer

Send a message via AIM to Aeolwind Send a message via MSN to Aeolwind Send a message via Yahoo to Aeolwind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am 99% sure I have found why EXP is off. The early on model for exp, differs slightly from what it is now. The formulas that Bum used are reasonable, and seem to work perfectly fine. We just might need some changes to the overall exp modifier. As soon as I finish my writeup, I will submit it for review by management and see if I can get it adjusted.

Haynar
One of the adjustments that Haynar mentioned here went in with the patch yesterday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilbog
If all the polls I have done up until now fully counted, you would be playing on some abomination of a PVP server with 2-10 boxing based on votes from people named xcm234nv and adfa234.
Old 07-06-2010, 08:54 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeolwind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
One of the adjustments that Haynar mentioned here went in with the patch yesterday.
Was it a fix for how characters in a hell level effected group xp? I haven't seen any word to see what was changed, however, I just got back into town so hadn't even noticed there was a change until you posted this.
Old 07-06-2010, 09:05 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oogmog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Was it a fix for how characters in a hell level effected group xp? I haven't seen any word to see what was changed, however, I just got back into town so hadn't even noticed there was a change until you posted this.
Also wanted to point out another thing. I know major modifications were made to light blue mobs giving next to no experience anymore, especially in a group. However, if you take a look at patch notes - http://everquest.allakhazam.com/hist...es-2001-2.html - Under November 7th, 2001, we can see that light blue mobs were not even introduced until that time -- this was right before Luclin. Something else that might needed to be considered since all the experience adjustments are going around. While the "light blue" con was designed to give higher level people experience, if someone just dinged while in a dungeon and the majority of the mobs begin to go light blue, I'm fairly certain they would still be blue on live (Following the same formula for whether a not a someone of a certain level can get xp with you I'm assuming is the same formula to determine if a mob yields experience)