Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 05-29-2014, 11:45 AM
Planar Protector

After months of this bullshit like magic this issue has gone away for myself... for now at least. Networking issues like this are a pain in the ass. Perhaps my ISP is now taking different routes to p99 than it use to which resolved the issue. But it's not like I nor p99 did anything to resolve it... at least nothing on MY end has changed. I guess it's completely random.
Old 06-21-2014, 08:45 PM
Aviak

This just started happening to me two days ago. Out of the blue I started to lag and crash while zoning. I used to have this issue in the early states of EQ as well, so I thought it was just something that hadn't been resolved in this version yet. Anyways, I'm on Comcast, so I don't think it has to do with Time Warner in my case. I do think it has to do with lag specifically. If anyone has any idea how to solve this issue, please let me know.

(Edit- Last time this happened I was in the middle of a fight when I just stopped responding. Ran to zone and it just kept loading the screen, so I had to close the application and come back.)
Old 06-26-2014, 12:09 AM
Sarnak

I have had an increase of all of these today.
Old 06-27-2014, 09:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Tetley [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
After months of this bullshit like magic this issue has gone away for myself... for now at least. Networking issues like this are a pain in the ass. Perhaps my ISP is now taking different routes to p99 than it use to which resolved the issue. But it's not like I nor p99 did anything to resolve it... at least nothing on MY end has changed. I guess it's completely random.
This is what ended up happening to me too after weeks of it happening just magically disappeared. Sucks other have to deal with it but just think that one day it will be gone and you will enjoy EQ again. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-03-2014, 10:37 AM
Planar Protector

neat tool that can give you statistics on your routing to the p99 server...

http://www.pingplotter.com/

collects data over and over and can show you the trouble spot(s). Then once you have that data and the trouble spot is located you can do nothing about it because it's most likely not a route owned by your ISP. boo...
Last edited by Bill Tetley; 07-03-2014 at 10:44 AM..
Old 09-19-2014, 10:47 PM
Skeleton

Default Possible fix?

Hey guys, I was having the same issues everyone was describing in here. I found a solution that worked for me. I went into my router and checked the firmware, it was outdated. After updating the firmware, the server list showed up with no problems and connected with no issues. I recommend checking the firmware on your routers and modems as well as checking your ethernet/wireless drivers on your computer to make sure they are up to date. I hope this helps some of you, good luck!
Old 09-21-2014, 05:36 PM
Skeleton

Default Update

I was having issues again logging in. I do not think the firmware update was the solution. My next fix that seems to work is opening up the command prompt by going to start>run>cmd

Type in ipconfig /renew

This resets your ip address and that seems to fix connection issues for some reason.
Old 09-21-2014, 05:51 PM
Skeleton

For anyone using the ipconfig /renew fix it only seems to be a quick fix. I have had to use it every time I am having connection issues.
Old 09-26-2014, 03:06 PM
Sarnak

This started to happen to me as well, suck for sure!!
Old 09-27-2014, 01:58 PM
Sarnak

I uninstalled Duxas UI and haven't had the issue since, could this be UI related...?