Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2015, 05:50 PM
Sarnak

eqclient.ini has a resolution setting you can adjust and eqw.ini has x and y positioning you can adjust for those certain resolutions. once you get into the game though if you press the mouse release button that you set in eqw.ini you can move your window around easily without having to change the xy position in the ini
Old 01-10-2015, 07:23 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodbam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've finally got the client working and am able to create characters! Can anyone give me some tips on how to tweak my eqclient or whatever files are necessary for getting my screen to be bigger? Currently its only about 70% size and some of it is hidden in the right of my screen
What was your fix on the error at start up?
Old 01-10-2015, 08:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodbam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've finally got the client working and am able to create characters! Can anyone give me some tips on how to tweak my eqclient or whatever files are necessary for getting my screen to be bigger? Currently its only about 70% size and some of it is hidden in the right of my screen
hopefully you're 1920 x 1080

http://www.takproject.net/forums/vie...php?f=26&t=777
Old 01-11-2015, 10:00 PM
Aviak

I sent you a PM TK about what worked for me
Old 01-14-2015, 04:37 AM
Sarnak

So after very set instructions from Lord Bob (Thanks very much!) I finally work out some of my initial problems. Fixed the bad redirect, picked which of three or four executable files to use and then I run into another set of problems.

It's saying that my Nvidia Geforce 450 can't have any more than two Luclin Models activated. I figure what the fuck, it's three am I just want to be able to log in. So I set up my game accounts like a good little boy. Then I login. I think I'm at the finish line. The game finally starts loading in. The music plays. I'm so happy after three hours of putzing around. And then it fucking crashes out of no where. Think I'm done tinkering with it for the night.
Old 01-14-2015, 07:35 AM
Banned

the trick with the luclin models is to press the ENTER key instead of clicking the OK button, then it will work.
Old 01-14-2015, 08:50 AM
Orc

Some things you should know about this server

Half of the staff has never played EQ in the era that server will be in (PoP) - So they have no clue about game mechanics, and you need a legal team to get stuff patched to where it is supposed to be.

Half of the codebase is from a server called PEQ, notorious for having a terrible DB full of junk. Anyone who has ever played there will know what I am talking about.

The leader of the project and several other GMs on the box are all playing in the same guild, a guild which was a huge fan of the rotation in place on AK. No doubt there will be a forced rotation, if a guild should ever emerge to dominate the content. You can rest assured that <Destiny>, the guild that has 2 devs and 2 more GMs in it, will not be denied their pixels in the long run. The staff has said that much on forum posts ("guilds WILL play nice")

The flakey nature of the staff is another big issue. Numerous times they have gone back and forth on decisions, deleted and censored forum posts with discussions headed in the "wrong" way. They have issued punishments only to take them back a few minutes or hours later.

They used to have a public shaming subforum, which was subsequently shut down because it was showing their back and forth attitude in decision making

The staff has a half arsed nature when it comes to following their own idea of what the server should be. Certain bugs, like stripping all buffs and debuffs when zoning with low HP, have been painstakingly recreated by the dev team. Other bugs, they removed without so much as an informative post. Half of the stuff gets voted on by the community, but they have stated numerous times that your opinion does not matter, and in the end the staff will have final say in what's happening, and will go against the will of the community if they "have to"

The server has a 3 box limit, but due to nature of their account tool, you are only allowed to have 3 accounts. Which means that if you choose to play more than 3 characters, they will have to share the account with another of your characters.

The netcode is horrendous, half of the people have to play over a VPN to not get disconnected everytime they cast, which basically teaches people from day 1 how to circumvent the 3 box limit, because they are being educated in how to connect via VPN to change their IP.

Some people are getting preferencial treatment. I have seen people run around with Stones of Gnoming, Guises and Rubicite armor, when the normal population has no access to these items. Another thing worth mentioning is, that there will be no mana stones, guises or any other items that were nerfed or removed pre PoP era.

The server has a kind of a split personality. On one hand it wants to be a PoP Era server, in other cases it chooses to be a progression server. Out of Era stuff (PoP era stuff) is being activated and deactivated on a case to case basis.

The bottom line is. The people in charge are mostly bipolar, and have a real problem with making rules and following them. The only upside to the project is that once Speedz goes insane (and believe me, this is bound to happen sooner or later), due to the open source nature of the project, at least it wont all be lost, like in the case of EQClassic or EpicEmu.
Last edited by Bleepo; 01-14-2015 at 08:53 AM..
Old 01-14-2015, 09:35 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arclyte [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
boxing is gay and so are you bob
Old 01-14-2015, 10:15 AM
Developer

The netcode can be fixed. Been there. Done that.

They need to put ACK on spell bar enable opcodes for casting. If you have any dropped packets, its brutal without that.

Don't play over a wireless, is HUGE. Boxing requires seperate computers to work well.

I am having fun over there so far. But I love to 3 box. Will probably never be in a guild. And may never make it to level 30.

H
Old 01-14-2015, 11:14 AM
Kobold

Got my two characters up to 6, barely have time to play though. My only problem is when zoning it seems to hang up and I have to close the window and reload the game, and it does this very often. Other then that it seems like it can be a fun server to spend some time on.
Closed Thread