Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2019, 06:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlankDiploma [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Glad to hear that!
Well......it seems that later in the night it becomes impossible to navigate there again. I was in there during the early evening. Deadeye does 100% make a difference now, which it wasn't doing before. But yeah, if anyone gets stuck in the West Freeport Sewers at night and they don't know their way around....you better just stand still till morning.

Also, the difference between the east sewers and the west is still very spectacular.
Old 10-17-2019, 07:09 PM
Fire Giant

I just want to say again. Thank you Nil-Rog and all Staff for this Nighttime darkness. This is EQ and if anything needs to be fixed... its to make it darker

Lich (56+ Heretic)
Zelda (45 Shaman)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael View Post
silence, 'hardcore scum'
Old 10-17-2019, 07:32 PM
Orc

Think I messed up posting this on the wrong thread. Either way, a Druid ported into steamfont and gifted my lvl 1 necro a rod of oblations from howling stone. Seems pretty in classic. Asked about it and they said a name dropped it? Confused me a bit.
Old 10-17-2019, 07:33 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrydar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well......it seems that later in the night it becomes impossible to navigate there again. I was in there during the early evening. Deadeye does 100% make a difference now, which it wasn't doing before. But yeah, if anyone gets stuck in the West Freeport Sewers at night and they don't know their way around....you better just stand still till morning.

Also, the difference between the east sewers and the west is still very spectacular.
Yeah, I'm planning to investigate the west freeport tunnels, but I can't promise anything. Those sorts of area-specific issues may be beyond my ability to fix.
Old 10-17-2019, 09:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlankDiploma [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, I'm planning to investigate the west freeport tunnels, but I can't promise anything. Those sorts of area-specific issues may be beyond my ability to fix.
Understood. Thanks for all of your help!
Old 10-18-2019, 04:57 AM
Sarnak

My only question is , are they going to get rid of the gamma slider somehow? Are we supposed to be playing on 0% gamma?
Old 10-18-2019, 06:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by magusfire24 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My only question is , are they going to get rid of the gamma slider somehow? Are we supposed to be playing on 0% gamma?
I've been keeping mine on 5-10%. Mostly 5%. It's sometimes difficult to see the auction chat with that low of a gamma setting though. I had to change OOC chat color to orange so I could see it.
Old 10-18-2019, 07:42 AM
Sarnak

Yeah 5 to 10 % ish seems good for me too. Even at 0 the dark elf ultravision works well with the new shaders so I am rather pleased. They are doing a fantastic job , more than I thought possible with this client. Keep up the great work guys!
Old 10-18-2019, 07:59 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by magusfire24 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Gamma slider does not really help human vision at all. Maybe a tiny bit, but cranking it all the way up makes the game look very bad and humans are still blind.

It does help infra/ultravison a lot more. But being able to adjust gamma is classic.
Old 10-18-2019, 08:02 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by soronil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Gamma slider does not really help human vision at all. Maybe a tiny bit, but cranking it all the way up makes the game look very bad and humans are still blind.

It does help infra/ultravison a lot more. But being able to adjust gamma is classic.
I tried this as a human and yes, it makes the game look horrible with all sorts of colors. Basically, if anyone is as old as me, and you remember when someone would run a magnet along the screen of an old TV set, that is what it kinda reminds me of.
Closed Thread