Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2013, 04:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCry0x [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If by they you mean the people in TMO & FE that track for 3 days straight.

Well they have a system that promotes people to want to do that. My friend has been apping for 2 weeks and plays a lot, he hit 60 and now he sits and tracks spawns all day. Allows him to build DKP up so he can get gear quicker than if he did his own thing all day and only showed up when dragons spawned.

So if you have people willing to do it, then why not? All I hear is, "I don't want to track mobs 24/7, so nobody else should either."
thank god someone reasonable. i think the amount of tracking is ridiculous but ffs some of these casual guilds could come after mobs in their prime times, but they don't bother. also fe has said we were willing/open to rotations if stuff could be agreed upon with everyone on non-priority targets.
Old 05-22-2013, 04:38 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverixdamighty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
velious will change that and maybe you shouldn't call other people idiots if you can't understand that, because clearly you would fall into that category. Velious raid targets will be the priority and outside of that you have pom/pog/whichever armor farm zone you decide to go to that will produce better bang for your buck than going back and killing the majority of kunark mobs. also with vindi on a fast timer he is going to be very contested.
Not to mention, and correct me if I am wrong on this, but a lot of the high end content in velious requires a larger force than shit in Kunark/Original so it makes it harder to spread out across the world.

Also it is a lot more difficult to move a raid force from Seb to Ntov than it is to move from from Seb to KC, so I would imagine you see a lot more focus on velious content and some more opening in kunark stuff ie trak and vs, which in turn could result in more guilds getting a chance to VP key and contest VP.

The problem is, when velious comes out the bitching will re-focus on how unfair it is that people don't let others try AoW..
Old 05-22-2013, 04:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCry0x [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All I hear is, "I don't want to track mobs 24/7, so nobody else should either."
This is exactly what I am saying and I think it's actually quite reasonable. Tracking is such a pointless waste of time that even if it were classic there would be pretty good grounds for removing it. But again, for the 1 millionth time: variance is not classic. Everyone who is defending variance (and this somehow, strangely, is all the players in the batphone guilds) is doing so purely out of self interest. We have a server where the compass is disabled as being not classic, but huge changes to the raid scene are allowed. That is the only relevant point.
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard
Old 05-22-2013, 04:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splorf22 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is exactly what I am saying and I think it's actually quite reasonable. Tracking is such a pointless waste of time that even if it were classic there would be pretty good grounds for removing it. But again, for the 1 millionth time: variance is not classic. Everyone who is defending variance (and this somehow, strangely, is all the players in the batphone guilds) is doing so purely out of self interest. We have a server where the compass is disabled as being not classic, but huge changes to the raid scene are allowed. That is the only relevant point.
agreed with your sentiment on variance, just disagree on how you think things will play out if it goes back to classic. i know pvp server is different, but as nilbog pointed out people there already complain about the top guild putting timers on off hours so other guilds can't compete. if you think removing variance is going to suddenly allow other guilds to get top priority mobs i'd say you are in for a rude awakening.
Old 05-22-2013, 04:54 PM
Sarnak

The sentiments in this thread must be how everyone else in the world feels about USA...

We live in a free and capitalistic world...and yes the USA is also guilty of cheating sometimes here and there...

Love being an ammurican!
Old 05-22-2013, 04:55 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splorf22 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree, but at the same time it is easy to point at a pile of shit and say it stinks.

I haven't been involved in this discussion long as I am new to the server but the only options I have seen are variance (yes/no).

So with variance you get TMO/FE paying people to sit at a spawn 24/7.

With no variance you have every person on the server sitting at the spawn trying to FTE.

I mean, as a cleric, I could figure my way to trak spawn, then try my best to get FTE on him by myself and then have every other guild blow him up, then have GM's say "Halmir FTE, he gets loots". Sweet.

Now I could say, well get rid of FTE and make all bosses immune to mem blur and purely make loot go to whoever gets the exp. Well then you still get the bitch fest where one guild has better gear than the others and is able to consistently steal kills. Hell this could devolve into a 6 man guild getting 100% of server kills because they can manage to out dps everyone, that sounds like fun.

The other option would to make variance worse to motivate people not to track 24/7 but I believe we have already seen that there is ALWAYS someone willing to take over tracking duties for dkp. I think that even if every boss had a 2 week spawn window people would still camp the shit out of them so that doesnt change anything.

So that just raises the question, does anyone have a new idea that would improve things?
Old 05-22-2013, 04:56 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanitorGotGriefedOffBox [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Except the guild on top cheating, training, ksing, and exploiting. But, hey, you obviously have NO idea what you're talking about or you wouldn't make it seem like this is a legitimate atmosphere of competition in the first place.
What is stopping you from joining TMO or FE?
Old 05-22-2013, 04:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverixdamighty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
maybe you shouldn't call other people idiots if you can't understand that, because clearly you would fall into that category.
Then don't post idiotic statements and lies:

Quote:
if you want the mobs have to put in the time, get organized, and get them not complain to devs and ask for handouts.
Quote:
Velious raid targets will be the priority and outside of that you have pom/pog/whichever armor farm zone you decide to go to that will produce better bang for your buck than going back and killing the majority of kunark mobs. also with vindi on a fast timer he is going to be very contested.
The respawns will still have a 96 hour variance and having a huge force will still be favored. How is velious going to change any of this when you can't even agree to leave mobs -- that you don't even need!! -- up for everyone else?

Currently you've got rules that no one adheres to and GM enforced rules that favor only a small portion of the population. Despite the fact that they admit it's an issue, nothing has been done for three years to address it and I've got little-to-no hope that anything will be done ever. While Nilbog's post gives a glimmer of hope to the rest of us, I've also been here long enough to know that I shouldn't expect anything until it's implemented and enforced.

You guys spent over an hour training each other (and other poor folks) in Hate the other night. Nothing will happen and, you know what? I don't expect anything to. It'll be a zergfest and more training the next week as well with no repercussions to follow. You're calling each others' workplaces and doing all sorts of dumb shit and nobody seems to care. While I understand that GMs can't be everywhere and keep eyes on everyone, it's also true that they've had multiple opportunities to squash the BS and balked. I'm not talking about instances where there's a grey area, but rather stuff that's absolutely black-and-white. Inconsistency, indecision, and apathy breeds anti-social behavior. It just so happens that it's this same anti-social behavior that the GMs say is a problem but have reluctant to address. It isn't until recently with Ephi's endeavor that RMTing is being cracked down on. It also isn't until recently that cheating accounts have been permanently banned. Add the rampant SEQ/MQ abusing that many players have been claiming had been going on for years and you can see why one is frustrated when the only response you get is that you're crying wolf and your complaints fall on deaf ears. These were all things that people had been claiming were huge problems months in advance and they were ignored.

The raid scene is a only a symptom of a much larger problem here. I think the staff should consider being more open and approachable. It wasn't until Sirken posted the reason why the 364 accounts weren't permanently banned that anyone knew of it, yet in that same period of time you lost more people because of the supposed reluctance to ban cheaters than you actually banned cheaters.
Last edited by Skope; 05-22-2013 at 05:00 PM..
Old 05-22-2013, 05:06 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanitorGotGriefedOffBox [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was in TMO and removed myself when they merged with DA.

I do not willingly play with cheating pieces of shit. I would rather delete all of my accounts and characters than cheat on EQemu.

Next stupid response?
Then join FE like everyone else who hates TMO?
Old 05-22-2013, 05:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skope [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Then don't post idiotic statements and lies:

The respawns will still have a 96 hour variance and having a huge force will still be favored. How is velious going to change any of this when you can't even agree to leave mobs -- that you don't even need!! -- up for everyone else?

Currently you've got rules that no one adheres to and GM enforced rules that favor only a small portion of the population. Despite the fact that they admit it's an issue, nothing has been done for three years to address it and I've got little-to-no hope that anything will be done ever. While Nilbog's post gives a glimmer of hope to the rest of us, I've also been here long enough to know that I shouldn't expect anything until it's implemented and enforced.

You guys spent over an hour training each other (and other poor folks) in Hate the other night. Nothing will happen and, you know what? I don't expect anything to. It'll be a zergfest and more training the next week as well with no repercussions to follow. You're calling each others' workplaces and doing all sorts of dumb shit and nobody seems to care. While I understand that GMs can't be everywhere and keep eyes on everyone, it's also true that they've had multiple opportunities to squash the BS and balked. I'm not talking about instances where there's a grey area, but rather stuff that's absolutely black-and-white. Inconsistency, indecision, and apathy breeds anti-social behavior. It just so happens that it's this same anti-social behavior that the GMs say is a problem but have reluctant to address. It isn't until recently with Ephi's endeavor that RMTing is being cracked down on. It also isn't until recently that cheating accounts have been permanently banned. Add the rampant SEQ/MQ abusing that many players have been claiming had been going on for years and you can see why one is frustrated when the only response you get is that you're crying wolf and your complaints fall on deaf ears. These were all things that people had been claiming were huge problems months in advance and they were ignored.

The raid scene is a only a symptom of a much larger problem here. I think the staff should consider being more open and approachable. It wasn't until Sirken posted the reason why the 364 accounts weren't permanently banned that anyone knew of it, yet in that same period of time you lost more people because of the supposed reluctance to ban cheaters than you actually banned cheaters.
where did i lie? Maybe you shouldn't ignorantly lump everyone in tmo/fe together and actually play more recently to understand what is happening on the box. I'd like to here what mobs fe is killing that we don't need. Also maybe you never played velious on live hence you don't understand why that will open up more content, because if you did raid in velious you would understand why that would be the clear priority and even when non raid targets weren't up there are other zones that are better risk/reward than the majority of kunark mobs...
Closed Thread