Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2013, 04:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autotune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
GMs already made their ruling? want to see fraps then.
How have you not seen them? Well thae faydederp one is on the forums go check it out. We even have a coordinate map from the kite path lol
It's pretty clear he's become one of the people he described as No-life Nerds and Server Bullies.
Old 02-25-2013, 04:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhambuk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can I use a GoT sig if im not in tmo, it almost seems trademarked heh.

Also if im ever in a legal bind can I call you to represent me alartii [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe you should get zeelot he actually is going to be a lawyer, where argumentation and logic are just a hobby for me.
It's pretty clear he's become one of the people he described as No-life Nerds and Server Bullies.
Old 02-25-2013, 04:45 PM
Banned

Yep GMs have ruled, people suspended on both sides [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-25-2013, 04:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godefroi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yep GMs have ruled, people suspended on both sides [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
who got the loot?
Old 02-25-2013, 04:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
who got the loot?
who got the suspended!
Old 02-25-2013, 04:53 PM
Orc

visc suspended peace pipe given loot
Old 02-25-2013, 05:42 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
also, Jeremy is cool both on forums in game... clean as a whistle. I guess the difference is he is a bit more classy/clever/funny than the aforementioned forum warriors.
Jeremy got suspended for 2 boxing back in the day so I wouldn't really call him "clean as a whistle" if that is what you were referring to. I agree though that Jeremy has always been clever and funny in the way he goes about doing things. I remember getting a pretty good laugh out of that "Jeremy kicked my dog thread" he posted awhile ago that was just a video of him kicking a shaman pet in game lol.
Old 02-25-2013, 05:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hailto [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What do you know about Amelinda?
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-25-2013, 07:17 PM
Banned

1 player suspended in both camps, loot wasn't removed at all due to minor infringements ( Yes Dossxx dropping a train in fear on FE was unintentional [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] ).

Alarti owes FE a green scale.

where is the money baby?
Old 02-26-2013, 12:21 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarti0001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Read over your own explanation the errori is readily identifiable with someone of moderate intelligence. You are using guarantee incorrectly. The problem is you using the word as slang and other then how it is intended. A guarantee is enforceable. They may not always come to fruition however their are consequences when they are not. So when you make a guarantee that seems likely to not be valid anyone can see that you are not trustworthy.

You probably meant to place a bet or wager. Its a common mistake made by little men with more bravado than substance. Next time place a wager...just cause you say the word "guarantee" doesn't mean I will believe you more.

Come back when you can properly define words that you try, ineptly, to use.
Haha, you have pulled me back into the subterranean RnF lair you stupid morlock. Congratulations, I'll bite. I think this post will probably serve no real purpose or help show you that you are wrong... but if you are honestly challenging me to define words you don't fully grasp, here goes. If eventually you and I get to the point where I say 1+1=2 and you say no 1+1=3, which is EXACTLY where this is headed, you can have the last word. I honestly think at this point you might start to argue algebra with me. I might stoop to your level, but I (say this again) have limits. But since you insist:

guarantee... such a diverse transitive verb

(http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/guarantee)
1: to undertake to answer for the debt, default, or miscarriage of < guarantee a loan >
2: to engage for the existence, permanence, or nature of : undertake to do or secure < guarantee the winning of three tricks >
3: to give security to < guaranteed her against loss >
4: to assert confidently < I guarantee you'll like it >

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/guarantee
1. To assume responsibility for the debt, default, or miscarriage of.
2. To assume responsibility for the quality or performance of: guarantee a product.
3. To undertake to do, accomplish, or ensure (something) for another: guaranteed to free the captives; guarantees freedom of speech.
4. To make certain: The rain guarantees a good crop this year.
5. To furnish security for.
6. To express or declare with conviction: I guarantee that you'll like this book.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/guarantee
6. to secure, as by giving or taking security.
7. to make oneself answerable for (something) on behalf of someone else who is primarily responsible: to guarantee the fulfillment of a contract.
8. to undertake to ensure for another, as rights or possessions.
9. to serve as a warrant or guaranty for.
10. to engage to protect or indemnify: to guarantee a person against loss.
11. to engage (to do something).
12. to promise (usually followed by a clause as object): I guarantee that I'll be there.

MY PERSONAL FAVORITE DICTIONARY EVEN BREAKS IT DOWN FOR YOU AND SEPARATES IT OUT VERY WELL INTO A CONTRACTUAL GUARANTEE and a PROMISE
http://oxforddictionaries.com/defini...lish/guarantee
1 [no object] provide a formal assurance, especially that certain conditions will be fulfilled relating to a product, service, or transaction:
[with infinitive]:
the company guarantees to refund your money
[with object] provide a guarantee for:
the cooker is guaranteed for five years
(as adjective guaranteed)
the guaranteed bonus is not very high
[with object] provide financial security for; underwrite:
a demand that £100,000 be deposited to guarantee their costs
2 [with object] promise with certainty:
no one can guarantee a profit on stocks and shares

So 4/4 dictionaries I checked (although I didn't need to, but you seem to LOVE EVIDENCE/PROOF) all say I am right and that you only know some meanings of words. Yes, guarantee can be contractual (the only way you understand it) or a strong confident opinion (the way dictionaries also recognize it, and people use NOT IN SLANG, every dang day). One of the reasons language is fundamentally intriguing is that it seems to follow simple patterns and mathematical rules, but no word has concrete definitions. Usually, arguments over words are difficult to resolve because the fundamental definitions are diverse. However, in this case, we accept (you asked me to!) dictionary definitions as reasonable definitions that can vary by linguistic/sentence context. I was using it totally appropriately, but your bias against my assertion blinded you to the actual language.

It is understandable though, you are a highly reactionary zealot, with a bizarre philia for arguing on the internet. A life lesson for you: don't pick fights with people who can beat you up, especially mentally. This is good though, hopefully you will realize you lose, tuck your tail, and come back stronger. That is what a smart person would do. The reason I am smarter than you is probably because my ego is much more in check, and I have had the balls to tuck my tail and smartened up the next day more often than you have. Sometimes admitting defeat and reanalyzing your strategy makes you even win.

Guarantee can be tied to a consequence or it can be an assertion/opinion backed up by confidence or strong/weak/nonexistent evidence.

Game set match.

The prostitution rests.

(I hope you have learned something today... and if not, I offer you this quote to sum up my (and every other RnFer's) thoughts: Mr. [Alarti], what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this [forum] is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

In retrospect, I should have just "Alarti derp"ed you. Can't believe I spent 20 minutes on this, never again.
Closed Thread