Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2020, 01:09 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by C5BAMF [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just wanna say thank you to the staff for this patch. This was a big decision and I really, really enjoy how this is going to change things.

It didn't feel right to see clickies dominating the game so heavily now days. It was souring the experience man.
The sad truth is that there is a limited, but prominent, group of players that don’t like the game and will do all they can to bypass it.
Old 04-20-2020, 01:14 AM
Planar Protector

lol, gratz to whoever made the post about wc caps, actually logged on to a blue char to test it, they are fine. But i lost 270pp on toons i never play checking it out, so i guess you got me.
Old 04-20-2020, 01:17 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayOne [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Remember in classic EQ when full sets of crafted armor were sold on the first day it became available? Takes me back to when EQ was released and people immediately knew where drops were. Such classic, very wow.
I remember two or three weeks after Crafted came out chatting with a mid-30s ranger who boasted of the pp he was making doing Crafted BPs. Apparently not all the people he grouped with in Mistmoore were up on the quest, lol. Knowledge varied a lot more between players back then.
Old 04-20-2020, 01:44 AM
Sarnak

Thank you for this patch!

Recharging clickies really got out of hand and had to be dealt with. Classic or not. Bravo!
Old 04-20-2020, 05:36 AM
Large Rat

The fact there’s probably no one under 30 in this thread and reading it makes this actually pretty funny.
Old 04-20-2020, 05:36 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hideousclaw [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Seems rough. I really feel like this, while a detriment across the board, favors Riot or next Major zerg guild. Got to let the dust settle, but Im going to feel now more than ever that some sensible rotations/distrobution of mobs is going to be necessary sooner rather than later. Sadly I doubt Riot will ever agree to it, but this is how i feel initially
AG is part of the current rotations? ST/RW/Tunare? But AG fail to stop RnG from sniping your merbs on rotation? No word on AG wanting RnG to be added to or be part of any rotation. I believe AM merging into AG, then leaving with the better/hardcore players and you raiding with ST on green is clouding your judgement. Maybe also giving you the world wide sense of entitlement.

RnG always saying in /ooc they want to be part of server/player agreements, but in private, don't want to be part of them.

Was the patch introduced to hurt RnG/ST the most? Don't care, but hope it has done so.

Has it benefited Riot the most? I don't think so. AG can field the same numbers at given times. Skills, knowledge, game play?? No idea. But being casual raiding guild trying to be hardcore, hurts you the most.

Highly skilled and intelligent people/players will always make the best out of any given situation. Learn, adapt and overcome.

As for the latest patch. I really enjoyed it.

Tanks had to Tank and build aggro. Not be slow or lazy and burn strings,nets, mallets. DPS had to wait and watch the engage first or instant engage/aggro and die. Healers needed to watch heal aggro or die. Just like I remember on live. Oh man. The good old days.

Jorlleag has finally been fixed and is once again a great fight.
Vulak is fixed and is again a great fight. Not just stand and burn him.
Pathing improvements have been noted.

P99 is a great game. It is their game to make/break/bend/deceive/change/harass and all the other fun things Devs/GM like to do [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Just remember nerds, we play for free. If you want to pay to play, EQ live is still going. We are at Level 115 now with almost 40000AAs and hardly resembles EQ.
Old 04-20-2020, 06:05 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naonak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just remember nerds, we play for free. If you want to pay to play, EQ live is still going. We are at Level 115 now with almost 40000AAs and hardly resembles EQ.
damn...
Old 04-20-2020, 06:10 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkile [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My shaman has a clickie fd ring, no cast time
https://youtu.be/25fauJh53Ro
Old 04-20-2020, 07:02 AM
Kobold

Warrior quested armor line 'Crafted Armor' is in, what else has been added that hasn't been mentioned in the patch notes?
Old 04-20-2020, 07:50 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by twill86 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My biggest concern is the economy. Recharges were the only thing taking large amount of plat out of circulation. I am worried about the inflation problems this will cause.
Would be cool if economic data on the server were made available so we could see what impacts changes like this had on the money supply (e.g. Total amount of Plat on the server). I agree this will probably have an inflationary rather than deflationary effect but you could argue for the latter if people pay the new recharge costs (which they probably won't)
Closed Thread