Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2019, 12:39 PM
Sarnak

Probably something is locked down in your graphics card drivers that prevent it from working.
Old 10-18-2019, 12:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
After reviewing more nighttime scenes from classic, I've added a blue hue to the night terrain for Humans/Barbarians/Erudites. So you'll be able to make some things out, but barely.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Attached files go into your EQ directory.
REPPED
Old 10-18-2019, 01:56 PM
Kobold

The number of people reporting issues with the gamma slider is interesting. We haven't done anything to it.

Keep in mind that Gamma is an OS-level thing, and not something that can be reasonably locked or overridden - even if we tried, there are many applications (like f.lux) that would conflict with it, and there's nothing stopping somebody from just changing their monitor's brightness anyway.

However, cranking up your gamma should be of limited benefit because of some steps we've taken. In dungeons and caves it will be completely useless and won't help you navigate at all.

I am actively looking into removing corpse dynamic lights.
Old 10-18-2019, 02:15 PM
Fire Giant

Default Green has kunark items dropping

Green has kunark items dropping needs to be nerfed
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 5XR9oJg.jpg (22.5 KB, 10 views)

Zekay 60 Torpor Shaman - <Guild>
Old 10-18-2019, 02:18 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekayy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Green has kunark items dropping needs to be nerfed
Please make a different thread for this, this is a thread for lighting feedback.
Old 10-18-2019, 02:27 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlankDiploma [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Please make a different thread for this, this is a thread for lighting feedback.
and nilbog just closed that one saying issue resolved in next patch
Old 10-18-2019, 02:30 PM
Fire Giant

My bad guys I thought this was a bug report thing saw bugreport and was like okay maybe I post here [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Zekay 60 Torpor Shaman - <Guild>
Old 10-18-2019, 02:38 PM
Sarnak

Got the latest sky fix files ready to load into my green folder to test tonight. Think I will try a human monk. Will be looking for that first fire beetle so I can rip out its eye. LOL
Old 10-18-2019, 03:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyronius of Midnight [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I posted this a few pages back but this is what the candle should do.

https://youtu.be/imKqvKmDHtg?t=29
Now thats the classic blindness I remember. Its not as insanely harsh as the new P99 one, you can still barely manage to see things ;p
Old 10-18-2019, 04:21 PM
Planar Protector

Indeed, Everfrost (presumably other 'snow' zones?) is still completely black during the darkest part of the night (in-game, roughly between 9PM to 4 AM), even with latest files posted in thread. Some of the other "fog" style zones, such as misty thicket, look good so it seems to be glitchy on a per-zone basis. Contrast it to the video Tyronius posted and the problem should be immediately apparent.

West freeport tunnels are quite dark and rather difficult to traverse with the newbie candle (appropriate, that thing should be quite bad) however the interior tiles/nodes seem to work well enough in that the tunnels are well-lit and easily traveled if the user has at least a torch or small lantern. Both of these items are of trivial cost for even a level 1 player and can therefore be regarded as a nonissue.

Danth
Closed Thread