Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2019, 12:12 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagglebaron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wish, I need to wait for the masses to catch up so there’s plenty of words and mats up for barter. I’m also debating just parking my mage at level 24 and waiting the two months for the patch to address the issue, and playing an alt in the meantime. Might use the mage to farm stuff for the alt.
Lol I know of about 8 other mages who told me the same thing. Gonna be lots of 20+ mages camping DF and CB belts in the next couple weeks!
Old 10-30-2019, 12:44 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by skorge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
First of all I am glad the staff at P99 chose to implement how a mage works at classic. I am the main one that called for mage changes as I played a mage at launch, one of the very few. Big up to Dolalin for researching everything and providing proof.

Secondly to respond to your quote, there is actual proof of this from an interview with Brad in 1999. Brad himself referred to these changes an actual "enhancement" to the mage class and not a bug.

Finally, in actual vanilla classic, research skill was busted. In other words, it was IMPOSSIBLE to obtain a pet post 20 for 2.5 months in EQ. You are lucky they chose to have research actually working at these levels.

The amount of enemies I made on these forums when I first posted this stuff about mages was insane, lol...but in the end it's all about making the server more classic. Being a mage at launch was a totally different experience than it is on blue. You should be embracing it and looking at it s a positive thing. This all goes away in 2.5-3 month range. You can say you were part of a small group who had to research their pets as a mage. This is a good thing...you are experiencing being a mage in real 1999 (minus pets having casting spells which Green 2.0 will probably fix).
Thank You. Too bad you didn't get to play with the ultra powerful 39 and up pets back in the day. I didn't either maybe in 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can train Research all the way up to 200 at the guild master. Practice research has always been a joke.
Pass, I hate plat farming about as much as tunnel questing. I'll get by farm my words and do practice runes when available. Then pay the trainer from 182 to 200 to save as much plat as possible. To me it's just another tradeskill. Time is irrelevant I'll be 50 before Kunark.

To the rest keep at it I'm highly amused.
Old 10-30-2019, 02:06 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Food is prepackaged in a box.
Always suspected you were a fat drunk. Sorry did not read any pages after that post.
Old 10-30-2019, 02:47 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wenai [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
See this guy gets it LOL.

I guarantee that guy lets Enchanter pages rot.

The Enchanter soloing across the zone is letting Magician pages rot.

They both like... Why I haff no research spell?
That guy is a troll and so are you.

I don't know if its ignorance or malice, so I'll roll with ignorance.
Old 10-30-2019, 03:36 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Clarity not being in is kind of dumb considering there’s no direct evidence that it wasn’t in.
The case is made on at least 6 or 7 firm grounds in the bug thread, including spdat.eff parses at release and in early May, coupled with the Brad post at end of year saying that Clarity was added post-release. I encourage you to read it.

At the end of the day though, there's no amount of evidence that will convince someone who doesn't want to be convinced.
Last edited by Dolalin; 10-30-2019 at 03:42 AM..
Old 10-30-2019, 03:39 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizax_Xaziv [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mage pet research also requires the PREVIOUS-level pet spell. So if you wanna research a level 34 pet you'll actually have to research four pet spells to do so.
!"
Why is nobody else talking about this?

You have to research every spell which means ridiculous quantities of materials
Old 10-30-2019, 03:48 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sillyturtle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why is nobody else talking about this?

You have to research every spell which means ridiculous quantities of materials
deal with it, mages are still op
Old 10-30-2019, 04:12 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortior [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
deal with it, mages are still op
You’re an idiot. Mages are strong because of the pet.

This means they have no pet and are weaker than other casters.

Many of you are going on about how this was intended that it was Brads vision for the class.

It wasn’t. It was a design oversight that was fixed. Use your brains and stop being dense. Honestly. Grow up.
Last edited by Sillyturtle; 10-30-2019 at 04:15 AM..
Old 10-30-2019, 04:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sillyturtle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

This means they have no pet and are weaker than other casters.
I'm sorry to hear the mages previous pet spells are deleted once he hits 24. Have you considered posting a bug report with supporting evidence?
Old 10-30-2019, 04:33 AM
Planar Protector

A lot of people here need time machines to go back to 1999 and whine to Verant.
Closed Thread