Sarnak

go play wow
Old 05-23-2013, 11:13 AM
Planar Protector

Wow is fun I play both.
Old 05-23-2013, 11:21 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulack [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
True. I forgot there are people that still get boners playing a 14 year old game.
P99 raiding is for people that are desperate for a competitive outlet, but don't want to get involved in anything where they can actually "lose". Winning is really awesome in P99, you are the king of the game when you get that spawn and those loots. When you lose, nothing happens...nobody killed you or took your items..they just got loots before you could. It's not about skill, the tactics to kill every single mob in this game have been published for a decade. It's really only about having more people.

It's a safe kind of competition where you can act like a child, never really lose, and feel like you are awesome when you FTE.
Old 05-23-2013, 11:29 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulack [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not wanting rotations is a completely selfish approach to game.
But demanding rotations isn't right?
Some other toons
Formerly of TZ
Old 05-23-2013, 11:29 AM
Sarnak

Wow, many thoughts here in this thread.
Server staff mainly says you are on your own!

Only way I see anyone getting raid mobs without going to TMO/FE is through, building your current guild, tight guild alliances, restructuring, or dare I say asking for help? All this will involve tracking targets, putting in massive time, and the poopsock.

All the rest of this will be considered "falling on deaf ears".

This has been an issue for awhile... I do wish there were more ways to make more people happy. I would support something like this....
Old 05-23-2013, 11:31 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by xarzzardorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
go play wow
Honestly if Brell wouldnt have had a rotation i probably wouldnt have kept playing EQ. I didnt read other servers messageboards so had no idea what other servers did other then the rampant bragging from guilds such as FoH and Afterlife which made me not care for either of them but it didnt matter since i didnt play on their server.
Old 05-23-2013, 11:53 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atmas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But demanding rotations isn't right?
I really want you to elaborate on this argument.
Old 05-23-2013, 11:59 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadwen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I really want you to elaborate on this argument.
Quite simply its someone wanting to get more oppurtunities at the cost of someone else getting fewer.
Some other toons
Formerly of TZ
Old 05-23-2013, 12:00 PM
Planar Protector

I think a token system which allows guild to spawn raid mobs on demand would be an interesting experiment. The trick would be in distributing the tokens in such a way that more serious, dedicated and organized guilds would receive more to fairly reward them for their extra effort. For example, I doubt any guild on the server (outside of FE perhaps) would give a shit if TMO killed Trak or VS at the rate of 5-1 what any other guild got, because even getting 1 of those kills would be a major improvement for casual guilds over the 0 they are practically guaranteed now. The complaint is not that TMO is "winning", it's that casual guilds aren't even in the game.

A token system could also be an excellent way to introduce a plat sink if implemented well. I'm not sure if tokens themselves should be vender purchasable (if so they should be extremely pricey, 100k+ a pop). But perhaps the system for acquiring tokens could make heavy use of plat in the form of quests, expensive tradeskill items, etc... It would also give 60s something to do besides track and farm. Maybe "lesser tokens" could be vendored for 10-25k a pop which spawn a version of the mob that drops no regular loot, but does have a chance to drop a token to spawn the normal, loot-dropping version of the mob.

The fairest way to distribute tokens would probably be to require guilds to do a series of VP/epic style quests and increase their token rate depending on how many members they get "keyed" at certain levels. So the baseline level might entitle a guild to spawn one of each unique raid mob per month, while the highest level could be 1-2 a week. In addition, raid mobs should continue to spawn normally to allow organized TMO/FE guilds to compete with mobilization to get extra kills.

A fun wildcard would also be to have tokens drop RANDOMLY from any mob in the game at a rate of one per week (i.e. 1 Trak token, 1 CT token, etc... would drop per 7 day calendar week). These would be up tradeable items up for grabs for any guild that could acquire them. It would add a fun chaotic element to the server as guilds scrambled to track down each of the dropped tokens for the week, and just imagine the smile on a newb's face when he kills an Orc Pawn and looks a token of Trakanon which he can auction for 50k+.
Old 05-23-2013, 12:00 PM
Planar Protector

Rotations are like chopping the pot in a mtt. You do it because you want to reduce your variance. Here tho TMO is getting like 98% of the mobs so its -ev for them to chop the pot and rotate. Math bros.