Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2019, 11:43 AM
Planar Protector

If only there was a server that did something like that
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hogan
The first thing you gotta' realize, brother, is this right here is the future of wrestling. You can call this the New World Order of Wrestling.
Old 02-05-2019, 11:44 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trelaboon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is this a serious question? Casuals have been getting loads of VP, which will become the new poopsock instead of ToV. So good luck getting a Warrior epic in a casual guild, since the top guilds are gonna fight tooth and nail for Hoshkar/Severilous again (something we currently don’t even bother with half the time). Good luck getting a Wizard epic, because just like Kunark, VS will be locked down by the top guilds. How many times has a casual guild gotten a ring war because top guilds are locked into ToV windows for 2+ days. Not anymore....the top guilds will sit in GD waiting to FTE since we don’t have anything else to do. How many casual guilds get fear golems, because those top guilds don’t even bother unless CT pops. Same with ST....AM/Core/AG will keep toons parked and ready for golems at all times.

This agreement basically turns every other piece of content into a giant poopsock, in exchange for letting smaller guilds have a chance at ToV loot 3-4 times a year. This is the dumbest thing I’ve ever seen.
First, define casuals, and second, let me know which mobs the casuals got last cycle. Vindi doesn’t count.
Old 02-05-2019, 11:46 AM
Sarnak

I feel bad for AG/core/BG. These guilds have prepared themselves and were ready to step in and compete. All that hard work down the drain. I was honestly excited to see how this would all play out.

The best thing about everquest was the idea that players had to interact and figure things out in this elf world. When that is taken away, it's just like any other game where you kill a monster to loot some loot.
Old 02-05-2019, 11:51 AM
Planar Protector

Just remove all the rules. Trains and DPS races. Just play until you hate yourselves so you can cure your additictions.
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hogan
The first thing you gotta' realize, brother, is this right here is the future of wrestling. You can call this the New World Order of Wrestling.
Old 02-05-2019, 11:51 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I feel bad for AG/core/BG. These guilds have prepared themselves and were ready to step in and compete. All that hard work down the drain. I was honestly excited to see how this would all play out.
Dude...SAME. I definitely don't care about me or my guild and how they're affected by this, but that healthy competition that was coming down the pipeline from these up and coming guilds is really disheartening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it's just like any other game where you kill a monster to loot some loot.
Welcome to Everquest! Please enjoy your stay.
Old 02-05-2019, 12:13 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

One of the MOST classic parts of EQ is the hatred for the guilds who can get the stuff you can't.... Why take that away?
Old 02-05-2019, 12:21 PM
Fire Giant

I love how all the people screaming about how rotating end game raid targets like ToV was classic on their server, and the rotations worked great. Because I'm sure they did on servers where there were two, maybe three guilds in said rotations. Here, where the guilds in rotation will see ToV once every 4 months..... it's not going to work as well.....
Old 02-05-2019, 12:23 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baylan295 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
First, define casuals, and second, let me know which mobs the casuals got last cycle. Vindi doesn’t count.
Vindi definitely counts. As well as fear golems, VS, Sevirilous and VP. Casuals are able to compete on all of those. Not anymore though ladies and gentlemen.
Old 02-05-2019, 12:25 PM
Fire Giant

And casuals meaning people who don’t have the time or numbers to set up multiple hour long RTE teams for top end loot. Aka AEGIS
Old 02-05-2019, 12:26 PM
Fire Giant

Imagine one day the entire trajectory of your life is changed in a moment...by a GM post on the forum for a 20 year old game.

Lol at all the "We're so addicted to this game don't you dare think we might play less, we'll just be killing 32k hp dragons with 200 people."
Closed Thread