Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements > Polls

View Poll Results: Do you believe ooc and auction should be returned to zone-only?
YES! I want ooc/auction to be per zone only. 383 52.39%
NO! I want ooc/auction to remain global wide. 348 47.61%
Voters: 731. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 02:20 AM
Aviak

I think it's silly to argue that it "helps" so many new characters. It doesn't "help" them at all unless you mean spoon feeding them things they should be learning and exploring on their own. I dont mean that in a mean and arrogant way, it is really good for you it will make you better for so many reasons. That is part of the allure of classic Everquest. They really don't grow into their characters and the game as well as they would if they had to learn more things on their own. People who are spoiled early on tend to be bored later, thats just life. Also Seeing uber item links all day long in serverwide auction makes it a lot less excite the first time you get that shiny brass shield , or full banded set.

As far as the group thing is concerned, 80% of /ooc is /ooc Soandso LFG! or /ooc Dark skinned man does horrible things to your mother and you love it! - In other words, in one way or another, with the server population going up, it is all spam. - Try this. Sit down during a relatively busy hour of the day in game and watch chat for 1 minute. There will be times you can't even keep up people are firing so much crap off. In short? Too many people using the same resource. It's waaay oversaturated. There are simple commands for finding groups and zone populations from ANYWHERE in the game that dont require bystanders to be either spammed or shut off from a classic resource.

/Who all level# level# class lfg
/who all zone
or you can put all at the end it doesn't matter both work. The point is If people use LFG then you really dont have a problem. If people check a zone they can see who is looking for more by sending a tell.

And come on!?! East commons tunnel... need i say more?

On another note, item linking is another thing that's not classic, can that be done away with or is that like something with the newer interfaces? I honestly know nothing about that stuff (obviously heh)
Old 05-19-2010, 02:21 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqdruid76 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Speak for yourself. At this point, the majority of the participants DO want "bazaar-type mechanics". It doesn't remove the social aspect, it nurtures it.

As for "Why make it harder to communicate"....and I'm going to use caps for this, so don't be alarmed...BECAUSE IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE HARDER TO COMMUNICATE!

Try to look at it this way. In 1999, when Everquest was designed, the game was several chat servers with a video game GUI. When you zoned, you logged onto another chat server. Think of early AOL chat, or MSN and Yahoo Messenger. What you advocate is one gigantic chat room, rather than 70 individual specialized chat rooms, as was intended when the game was created.

Serverwide chat dumbs down the game. It makes it easier, simpler, more convenient, and safer. The entire purpose of this server is to simulate the experience of playing Everquest BEFORE the game was dumbed down, before it was made easier, simpler, more convenient and safer. And I REALLY have to continually ask why anyone who is looking for an easier time would be playing on what is by design the most challenging server.
You made good points but your analogy was horrible.
Old 05-19-2010, 02:22 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phallax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You made good points but your analogy was horrible.
Aye, most completely accurate analogies are horrible......
Old 05-19-2010, 02:23 AM
Banned

Good point about item linking as well. But that's next month's crusade. One battle at a time. :P
Old 05-19-2010, 02:25 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqdruid76 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Aye, most completely accurate analogies are horrible......
comparing game chat to a chat program is in noway completely accurate...
Old 05-19-2010, 02:30 AM
Banned

Default I vote no

Remove global auction and if anyone auctions in ooc then flame the hell out of them or even have repercussions. Thisway we can have oldworld bazaar in EC tunnel. As for global ooc this game would seem empty without it and would do more harm than good. Im againt censorship in most forms anyway tho.
Old 05-19-2010, 02:57 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Voted yes.

When playing on other servers its great not to have the endless rubbish spamming all over the screen. If people want to endlessly chat/flame/rant/whatever about non game things they have forums, chats channels, websites not OOC.

While i would like to keep it on, turning it off is the simplest way to stop the rubbish. I'm sure it puts as many people off as it helps.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] grats on even greater server numbers[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-19-2010, 03:15 AM
Fire Giant

I find this needs to be local,

This is a classic server, having the ooc and auc global really kills the nastalgia
Old 05-19-2010, 03:24 AM
Kobold

I like the prospect of a more dynamic economy.
Old 05-19-2010, 04:14 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilolas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I haven't seen this mentioned...

What about when people need ports, rezzes, etc... Now all the druids, wizzies and clerics are gonna get even more tells asking for their services, instead of people just using ooc and auction to get services.

-Hilolas
if you, as a clr or druid/wiz, are available to sell rezzes or ports just go visible. if you dont want to be bothered, go anon

its easy.
Closed Thread