Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2011, 10:57 PM
Banned

Is there any servers I can log into and just use gm commands and shit?
Old 11-26-2011, 02:30 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mardur [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're doing that same bullshit I just called you out on. No, there isn't. Not one.

(There's EQ Mac, if you own a Mac, which I don't, and it's extremely buggy and has no support staff, so that doesn't count.)

Try live, it has everything you want.

There are plenty of servers with luclin/pop and beyond. I just went and had a look,are you blind ?
Old 11-27-2011, 01:47 AM
Planar Protector

I think people are missing the point. When people are asking for luclin/PoP they don't mean a server that has content 4+ expansions past them to make them pointless and easy. Many people liked the progression experience that continued after Velious. Velious kicks ass and I hope its the end game for a good amount of time but eventually it will get old.
Some other toons
Formerly of TZ
Old 11-28-2011, 01:36 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atmas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think people are missing the point. When people are asking for luclin/PoP they don't mean a server that has content 4+ expansions past them to make them pointless and easy. Many people liked the progression experience that continued after Velious. Velious kicks ass and I hope its the end game for a good amount of time but eventually it will get old.
Yay, then it will be like the already available EQ Mac server ..... no thanks. I prefer to have one people have been begging SOE for years for, a classic trilogy server.
Old 11-29-2011, 10:41 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by mokfarg [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yay, then it will be like the already available EQ Mac server ..... no thanks. I prefer to have one people have been begging SOE for years for, a classic trilogy server.
I agree. P99 doesn't need to follow in SOE's footsteps. Stick to the original trilogy which is what made EQ popular to begin with. If people want to progress further, then have another server where they can transfer to.
Old 11-29-2011, 02:11 PM
Aviak

Another thing is that the ones who want to conquer new areas quickly know every pixel,every trick,every method to do so.
Any expansion whatsoever will go poof and won't hold their attention for long.
Adding extra expansions will end up losing the ones who play because they love the classic everquest.
Old 11-30-2011, 09:43 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindalind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Another thing is that the ones who want to conquer new areas quickly know every pixel,every trick,every method to do so.
Any expansion whatsoever will go poof and won't hold their attention for long.
Adding extra expansions will end up losing the ones who play because they love the classic everquest.
How about expanding the old world without any announcements about it?

I don't like empty character slots that much.
Old 11-30-2011, 11:34 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korisek [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How about expanding the old world without any announcements about it?
How about leaving it to just the original Trilogy? There's too much demand for a true, Classic server. SOE had an EPIC FAIL when it came to giving players what they asked for. The progression server was meh. Not truly classic. P99 is the closest we'll ever get, so why mess around with that?
Old 11-30-2011, 01:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by noffo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How about leaving it to just the original Trilogy? There's too much demand for a true, Classic server. SOE had an EPIC FAIL when it came to giving players what they asked for. The progression server was meh. Not truly classic. P99 is the closest we'll ever get, so why mess around with that?
The failure of the progression servers wasn't that they went beyond on the trilogy it was that they weren't classic servers. The great thing about P99 is that it is the closest thing to playing the game when it actually launched, just not current Everquest with locked out content.

I'm not going to argue that many people wanted the stuff just up until Velious. But I do really think at some point the server's population will really hit the skids after Velious has been out a long time. Maybe just my opinion.
Some other toons
Formerly of TZ
Old 11-30-2011, 01:31 PM
Banned

Gear/content wise, it would be entirely possible for them to have never implemented Luclin (aside from its AA's) and just done PoP. I would have enjoyed it much more, especially as being proposed, without plane of knowledge.
Closed Thread