Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 01-03-2015, 12:01 PM
Aviak

This is an issue for me as well, connecting from Myanmar in Asia. I've tried doing some packet captures in wireshark to collect information. I have not made any direct correlations to server population when these issues are occurring, nor to the time of day. However it has seemingly happened at random times of day. I cannot specifically recall a window where I remember it happening more often.

Some analysis of the packet captures:

When a crash on zone occurs, the packet stream abruptly stops once the client loads the "Zoning Please Wait...." text. The packet stream never picks back up and the client just sits with a frozen char screen until timeout where it says "You have been disconnected"

When attempting to log back in, a blank server select will come up, but packets are still being transferred as the client is sitting at the blank server select.

When clicking the Quick Connect button to P1999, wireshark is flooded with malformed packet errors, then the client loads to either a screen of empty characters, or a Spell Files out of Date screen. I have not been able to determine exactly what causes each outcome. *Edit: This occurs immediately after copy pasting the most up to date spell files that I re-downloaded from the site just to be sure.

What sort of information would help the developers narrow down a possible cause of this issue? I'd like to blame my internet, because it is far from good, but there also seems to be an issue with how information is being passed between client and server.
Last edited by towbes; 01-03-2015 at 12:04 PM..
Old 01-07-2015, 02:46 AM
Planar Protector

its a new year, lets a fix going for this devs please <3<3<3
Old 01-08-2015, 10:57 PM
Planar Protector

made the mistake of zoning after 6pm, crashed and now I can't get back online!!!

thanks once again for fixing this issue in a professional and timely manner <3
Old 01-08-2015, 11:26 PM
Sarnak

Same problem here.
anyone find a fix yet? lots reporting same thing.
Old 01-09-2015, 09:15 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Same... In Asia as well. Everything was fine until EQ crashed and now it takes like 100 tries to be able to get through.

Seing blank server selects, no characters listed, spells outdated, and then it just won't load.
Old 01-10-2015, 12:15 AM
Fire Giant

Sooo.. any ideas what's up with the lag lately?

I started getting horrible lag on Monday, and its been constant since. 200 is low ping for me this week, quite often 800+.

Obvious answer would be my internet connection, but it's not. My lag is exclusive to p99.

I even played some league of legends while sitting in EC, and my league had zero lag on it.
Old 01-10-2015, 11:01 PM
Orc

this garbage is happening again. lag and random linkdead....
Old 01-12-2015, 06:53 AM
Sarnak

It's been happening to me for about 2 months now. I didn't think about it being linked to the amount of people logged in until I read this thread, but it fits. Mine happens in the evenings when the population is the highest.

Same exact things that others are posting, random crashes/freezes during zones, or zones taking a hugely long amount of time. Server list greyed out when I manage to get past the "an error occurred while connecting to the server". Then when I get logged into the server, saying my spells file is outdated. Ping gets to about 2x normal (Normal is 57ish). It's been getting worse, last night was horrible.
Old 01-12-2015, 04:01 PM
Large Bat

Add me to the list as well.

The issues started 2 days ago. Out of no where. No changes made, nothing.

Server list blacked out, times out, random crashes while zoning after i do get in.

Whats the deal?
Old 01-12-2015, 10:45 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanderTruewield [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's been happening to me for about 2 months now. I didn't think about it being linked to the amount of people logged in until I read this thread, but it fits. Mine happens in the evenings when the population is the highest.
I thought that could be the problem as well since it first started happening when about 1200 people were on.

But ive since tried during several different times of the day. After one spam log in session, i saw the problem was occurring when only 400 were on.

So it seems to make no difference. At least on my end.