Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 12:39 PM
Kobold

Can we stop using the "Pixels" line. If there were no pixels I wouldn't play, it would just be a chat room. I enjoy my "pixels" and it is a silly insult.

Listen, I am not all that upset about the VP blockage. Hell I am not even that upset about the raid mob blockage. It's the animosity that gets to me. I try to be respectful to anyone I see because I am not a douche. If you are gonna dominate us in the raid scene, at least do it with decency.

Like this weekend, I was playing in my college's intramural softball playoffs. We ended up losing 30-2 to a team that would beat us 99 times out of 100, and they did the whole good game + high five line at the end. But in the end I enjoyed that game a lot more than the team that beat us 7-5 in the regular season that were complete dicks about it.

Let VD test out what we can do against one of these raid mobs, and don't kill them just to spite us. There is no reason to step on our throat until the guild disbands.
Freddee Bearfoot - 60 Halfling Druid
Spooee Bearfoot - 60 Halfling Cleric
<Vanquish>
Old 04-18-2012, 12:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarti0001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Your analogy never made sense, comparing a single player game to an mmo is just asinine. Eq wqs always a competition for raid mobs, until instancing, and are in now way comparable to fungi king, lol

Your second paragraph is opinion not reality, we actually want people to compete against
i'd rape the shit out of anyone going for fungi king against me.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-18-2012, 12:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
does Ron Weasley know you're all up on his woman, stealin?
long hair, don't care.
Old 04-18-2012, 12:59 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarti0001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Your analogy never made sense, comparing a single player game to an mmo is just asinine. Eq wqs always a competition for raid mobs, until instancing, and are in now way comparable to fungi king, lol

Your second paragraph is opinion not reality, we actually want people to compete against
Yes thank you Alarti, I had a few things typed out...but I just could not get a comparison of a console offline game to a MMORPG...and if it was just a troll or what?

Look now, we all play EQ for his or her own reasons- EQ made a big change in the life of gamers- ultima, the realm - none of them spurred the "MMO" game into life more so than EQ. Alot of what people love/loved about EQ is that it became its own world- each server their own community and it had life beyond the 'code of the game' - any game that can garner the 'human' aspect and become in any way part of a persons life outside the time that the screen is on and the controller/keyboard is in hand is a succsess.

I just typed and deleted a good 3 paragraphs of me rambleling on...

this is pointless, back to work I go.

Xadion Von'Darkborn - Shadow Knight
Cory Von'Darkborn - Ranger
Brezner Von'Darkborn - Bard
Watermelons Siliconmelons - Corpse/Shaman

Old 04-18-2012, 01:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:

I have already explained how splorf's second paragraph is accurate, specifically this quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splorf22 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
they want to keep the bar to entry as high as possible
My argument here:
Quote:
Originally Posted by falkun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
TMO claims anyone can walk into VP, but the two guilds who started in VP had:
1) a forced rotation which allowed you to obtain initial pixels without training and/or other nonsense which is legal in VP
2) a chance to hone PVE raid tactics before adding the PVP aspects (not being forced to master both at the same time)
3) a chance to set up CoH/track bots without PVP
4) a chance to explore pathing, pulling, other zone mechanics in a controlled environment (without the PVP)

Basically, VP was a PVE zone between the two guilds, and now TMO wants to claim anyone can enter and compete within it as a PVP zone, without admitting the obvious advantage they have/had.
To directly respond to your quote:
Quote:
we actually want people to compete against
Quote:
Originally Posted by falkun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The barrier for competition is to the point where its high enough that it doesn't look like anyone is going to bother to compete. Do I care that I'm not in VP? Eh, I'd like to see it. Do I think its worth the effort to get into VP? Not in the slightest. Right now, TMO is "the house". The odds are stacked in the house's favor, and anyone playing to beat the house is delusional.
TMO can "want" people to compete all day long, but TMO cannot compel people to compete. If no one wants to step up to the plate, then if TMO truly "wants" people to compete, TMO needs to lower the barrier for entry. I'm not saying TMO should or TMO has to, but I am saying no one wants to play the current odds TMO is offering. It also appears the "Endangered Species" mobs TMO are offering are an attempt to lower the barrier for entry, obviously as long as its not VD attempting to scale that barrier. Again, it is TMO's right to contest mobs and perfectly within TMO's rights to aid Taken on Talendor to combat VD, but it is also VD's right to contest Talendor and any other raid target VD would like to contest (except Ragefire, who VD is under a binding agreement on kill order).

Besides VD, I do not believe another guild has any VP keys (or at least zero Trak kills, so the keys they do have are MQs and/or purchased toons). Assuming it takes 30 keyed players to contend with the PVE and PVP aspects of VP, and that Trak drops 3 keys per death (round number, I honestly think its more like 2.2-2.5) and that Trak spawns every 3 days (which should be accurate on average), then it will take about a month for another guild to be ready to enter VP, and that's if they win every Trak that month (which I am assuming TMO would contest, with great early success according to how TMO fared against TR earlier in the game, making this unrealistic). I'm sure TMO faced a similar timeline against TR, and it looks like you guys came out on top, congratulations! I don't know if I have the heart for that, and it doesn't look like any of the other guilds do either. None of the other guilds on this server deem VP worthy of the effort your guild has put into getting there, so that is why you get VP pixels and the rest of us do not. You've earned it through carpal tunnel, socks, and hotpockets and it is yours to do with as you please. If you want to market your competition, you have to sell it to your audience; its economics, not philosophy.

While I'm at it, let's clear something else up...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raavak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When VP opened there was no agreement between TMO and TR. It was Train-a-palooza '11. It was after both guilds showed they were basically equal, but wasting each others time, that an agreement was temporarily established.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Veeshan's Peak will be released the same night the PvP Server goes live. This will be some time in early November. Keep an eye out for that announcement.

How it will work will be as follows. Any raid guild with sufficient force (Which I guess is only 2 of you right now, but things can always change) will need to be at the entrance to VP at a time and date to be specified. All guilds present will /random and will pick from the 6 mobs in order until all are chosen. They will then have until a second time that will be specified, most likely 24 hours, to kill their chosen mobs before they become free FTE.

Any guild that choses to raid VP on the night of opening will forfeit all other raid mobs for 48 hours. This is to encourage other smaller guilds a chance to experience raid encounters without them being slain minutes after spawning.
That initial rotation lasted for 3 spawn rotations, voluntarily between TR & TMO for rounds 2 & 3, before the chaos you describe broke loose.
Last edited by falkun; 04-18-2012 at 01:16 PM.. Reason: grammer
Old 04-18-2012, 01:28 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Incoherant babbling..

Anyways, Gorenaire is back up on the endangered species list next. Look forward to it!
Gore again???

confirmed TMO lame as shit, why not Trak, Inny, or CT? You know, something actually worthwhile.
Old 04-18-2012, 01:34 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwence [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Gore again???

confirmed TMO lame as shit, why not Trak, Inny, or CT? You know, something actually worthwhile.
You just handed me $500 again???

confirmed this guy is lame as shit, why not $1,000, $5,000, or $1,000,000? you know, enough to buy something better than a Volvo.
Old 04-18-2012, 01:39 PM
Fire Giant

you consider gore to be analogous with someone handing you 500 bucks?

Are you high?

Gore = someone whipping out there penis and giving you the opportunity to suck

In fact all of these retarded threads pretty much equate to that scenario - the groupies of this server are just too fucking idiotic to realize it.
Old 04-18-2012, 01:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwence [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Gore again???

Confirmed gwence still mad as shit he couldn't hack it here
It's pretty clear he's become one of the people he described as No-life Nerds and Server Bullies.
Old 04-18-2012, 01:43 PM
Sarnak

Gonna agree with Gwence on this one, haha
Closed Thread