Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2016, 12:10 PM
Sarnak

Thought I would share a couple things:

Here is some info on AGOT beyond season 6. I think we might be past the point of showrunners planning to include TWOW content (whenever released).

http://winteriscoming.net/2016/04/15...n-10-episodes/

And, HBO will have a new show to discuss each episode afterward. It will be hosted by Greenwald and Ryan from the defunct Grantland site. They have not read the books, so they approach each episode as TV critics. They're pretty interesting and they're Grantland schtick was pretty funny.
Old 04-15-2016, 04:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by holahouze [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Here is some info on AGOT beyond season 6. I think we might be past the point of showrunners planning to include TWOW content (whenever released).

And, HBO will have a new show to discuss each episode afterward. It will be hosted by Greenwald and Ryan from the defunct Grantland site. They have not read the books, so they approach each episode as TV critics. They're pretty interesting and they're Grantland schtick was pretty funny.
Meh when an HBO shows season length is cut short, even if "intentional", its means the writing wasn't there to support it.

See another popular HBO primetime series True Detective.

TD season 1, stellar amazing. TD season 2, was shorted by 2 episodes, saw very weird writing and barely passable as a primetime show with weird endings.

See another popular HBO primetime series Boardwalk Empire.

The season before the final season was passable enough. The final season was cut short by 3-4 episodes and the characters were completely unbelievable in their actions and behavior severing any emotional attachment, against a wrapup plot that was completely transparent.

So. Are you ready for some Lord of Light resurrection? Kidding, I think this season will be stellar.

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 04-15-2016, 10:00 PM
VIP / Contributor

just gonna leave this here

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Sirken's Twitch Stream - www.twitch.tv/sirken_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Accusing me of simultaneous favoritism for two opposing guilds involves a special kind of stupid
Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten View Post
going after sirken is like going to a cheerleader convention and punching the only one that bothered to talk to you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post
I've met Sirken IRL.. he ain't jelly of shit

Old 04-16-2016, 12:28 AM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by holahouze [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

this doesnt smell good. Jon will be back no later than Ep3 because we've seen him on set for the battle of Winterfell.

i have a feeling the end of this show will not be great. at least it wont ruin the books at this rate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Accusing me of simultaneous favoritism for two opposing guilds involves a special kind of stupid
Quote:
going after sirken is like going to a cheerleader convention and punching the only one that bothered to talk to you
Quote:

Old 04-16-2016, 01:38 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this doesnt smell good. Jon will be back no later than Ep3 because we've seen him on set for the battle of Winterfell.

i have a feeling the end of this show will not be great. at least it wont ruin the books at this rate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Whether Jon is dead or alive for much of the season is probably not of much consequence.

Now the possibility of Stoneheart on the other hand-- that is some consequence.

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 04-16-2016, 07:15 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzzarTheGod [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Meh when an HBO shows season length is cut short, even if "intentional", its means the writing wasn't there to support it.

See another popular HBO primetime series True Detective.

TD season 1, stellar amazing. TD season 2, was shorted by 2 episodes, saw very weird writing and barely passable as a primetime show with weird endings.

The season before the final season was passable enough. The final season was cut short by 3-4 episodes and the characters were completely unbelievable in their actions and behavior severing any emotional attachment, against a wrapup plot that was completely transparent.

Yeah. They've created/adapted an all-time hit TV show and its bothersome to them because its become a full-time job. Something about that doesn't sit well with me. But I haven't finished my first caffe Verona, so I'll stop here because I feel like complaining about season 5.

I don't know who the Lord of Light will resurrect, but it won't be Jon. I think they're going to rub a little Grecian Formula 44 weirwood paste on his butt & shock him back to life.

So. Are you ready for some Lord of Light resurrection? Kidding, I think this season will be stellar.
Old 04-17-2016, 02:21 AM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzzarTheGod [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Whether Jon is dead or alive for much of the season is probably not of much consequence.

theres no confirmation it was actually her, and i havent seen anything else as a second source so i wouldnt get my hope up.

but the WotW nerds are usually pretty accurate with information

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Old 04-17-2016, 10:17 PM
Sarnak

Quote:

I'll throw another log on the Stoneheart fire. Although i'm in the Sansa as Stoneheart avenger corner.

http://winteriscoming.net/2016/04/17...-for-season-6/
Old 04-17-2016, 10:34 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Some Thorne and Davos scenes would be most welcome.
Totally. I love Thorne on the show. His heroics during the seige of Castle Black I thought was one of the best things DnD have done one the show. As I've mentioned before in this thread, I thought that was an instance of DnD doing what GRRM does so often in the books, flipping a villanous character into heroic actions that make you rethink your feelings about that character.

Quote:
Beyond that - the showrunners have made Thorne irredeemable IMO.
Nah. Show Thorne is the kinda guy you want to have in your foxhole when the shit goes down.

Quote:
TD Season 2 wasn't that bad. Dude spends 10-15 years developing season one and people expect him to just pull that out of his ass again six months after wrapping on an initial season that was his life's work.

Quote:
Now that dead horse they shot and donated to the glue factory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katrik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ONE WEEK FAM
!!!
Old 04-18-2016, 11:22 AM
Sarnak

Here's some confirmation on some of the trailer analysis. How'd i miss Davos and Sansa being the one's to rally the north??

http://winteriscoming.net/2016/04/18...white-walkers/
Closed Thread