Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2013, 06:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seltius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would just like to post how much I find being compared to Nazi's offensive. You are comparing a group of gamers to a group that systematically tried to wipe out a whole race/religion of people just because they didn't like them. I'm sorry you take your pixels that seriously but if keeping you from raiding/killing mobs makes you flip out and hurt yourself look at it as a chance to keep stupid people from procreating.

You sir are the perfect example of why stupid(not Ignorant) people should be fixed long before they are able to have children.

At this point it goes beyond sarcasm and obnoxiousness.
This is genius
Old 12-31-2013, 06:14 PM
Fire Giant

Makes sense, fuck the entire server over because 3 guilds don't go outside.
Old 12-31-2013, 06:17 PM
Planar Protector

Shut down p99 imo
Old 12-31-2013, 06:17 PM
Kobold

They were comparing having the "bad guys" being on the judging panel to decide the fate of the "bad guys." That's not comparing anyone to nazi ideology. Calm down buttercup.
Old 12-31-2013, 06:18 PM
Planar Protector

fuck it, cmon guys, let's go play EQ2
Old 12-31-2013, 06:21 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by quido [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
fuck it, cmon guys, let's go play EQ2
I heard they have animated cloaks.
Old 12-31-2013, 06:22 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by August [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Classic hypocrisy. Declare someone outrageous for comparing a video game domination to genocide, and then go on to promote eugenics for said person who offered up the metaphor. /boggle
lol little different there as genocide is a part of history it happened. There is no way to ever stop stupid people from breeding.

Its a little different I didn't say he should move somewhere that he can only have 1 child that may or may not end up a mini image of him.

I didn't suggest that he should have been drown or dropped down a flight of steps as a child or even insinuate that he may have been because his parents didn't love him. I just said he was the perfect example of why it should be considered not why it was considered.

If you would like we can go into a new thread and discuss Hypocrisy and what is and isn't.

And see this is why I normally stay out of threads like this. Just for you I have provided a definition of Hypocrisy.

hy·poc·ri·sy
/hiˈpäkrisē/

noun

noun: hypocrisy; plural noun: hypocrisies

the practice of claiming to have moral standards or beliefs to which one's own behavior does not conform; pretense.

Edited-As something I had started to say did border on Hypocrisy and might be offensive to someone unintentionally.
Last edited by Seltius; 12-31-2013 at 06:27 PM..
Old 12-31-2013, 06:23 PM
Planar Protector

You can be an ogre bard.
Old 12-31-2013, 06:29 PM
Planar Protector

The Nazi analogy holds up under scrutiny, sorry. Just look into the eyes of any casual raider; note the distinct lack of dignity; study the trauma inflicted upon his person and the numb resignation. Then come back and tell me the Jews had it any worse. At some point, being thrust into the lava-pits of the Solusek Ro labor camp becomes a welcome release.
Old 12-31-2013, 06:36 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seltius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol little different there as genocide is a part of history it happened. There is no way to ever stop stupid people from breeding.

Its a little different I didn't say he should move somewhere that he can only have 1 child that may or may not end up a mini image of him.

I didn't suggest that he should have been drown or dropped down a flight of steps as a child or even insinuate that he may have been because his parents didn't love him. I just said he was the perfect example of why it should be considered not why it was considered.

If you would like we can go into a new thread and discuss Hypocrisy and what is and isn't.

And see this is why I normally stay out of threads like this. Just for you I have provided a definition of Hypocrisy.

hy·poc·ri·sy
/hiˈpäkrisē/

noun

noun: hypocrisy; plural noun: hypocrisies

the practice of claiming to have moral standards or beliefs to which one's own behavior does not conform; pretense.

Edited-As something I had started to say did border on Hypocrisy and might be offensive to someone unintentionally.
It's not really important for you to understand your hypocrisy. Yes, saying don't eat meat while eating a hamburger would be hypocritical. I understand the loose colloquial use of the word.

However, you lambast a fellow for being 'offensive' in comparing two subjects that are seemingly unrelated - because you are being compared to a Nazi. You then go on to promote a VERY NAZI-LIKE OPINION (eugenics - hello, do you understand what eugenics is? Do you understand that nazi doctrine is rooted in the idea of eugenics?)

To me you are a hypocrite. That's fine if you don't see it; I don't expect you to. Most hypocrites don't.

God I hate stupid people.
Closed Thread