Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2014, 07:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by smedlysmom14 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I got one question though, what would the actions be if a friend gave another friend 100k, or a fungi, or a cloak of flames to start out with? How is that differentiated from RMT?
Short answer: the GMs have their way.

Longer answer: I think it's all about context. One person transferring a high value item in exchange for nothing isn't going to to be considered RMT, but if the GMs see the same guy giving lots of items/plat amounts to various other players they've never even met, they know something is up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHurb [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
since its impossible to play without corruption
What? It's not only possible, it's very easy: don't RMT. That's it.
Old 03-25-2014, 08:01 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by smedlysmom14 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I got one question though, what would the actions be if a friend gave another friend 100k, or a fungi, or a cloak of flames to start out with? How is that differentiated from RMT?
One of the ways the GMs probably pulled this off was to have a sting-type operation where one of the GMs actually purchased plat on the site, met the RMTer in-game, opened up his account info/logs afterwards, and then went after every person this RMTer did business with, and then the people who did business with those who received stuff from the RMTer.

So I think the differentiation would be if your account or your items can be traced back to a dirty source or not.
Old 03-25-2014, 08:40 PM
Orc

Thanks p99 for the experience! Was fun while it lasted!

Holepoker 46th Rogue
Old 03-25-2014, 08:43 PM
Sarnak

Need IP bans, imho.
Old 03-25-2014, 09:00 PM
Orc

IP bans are a joke, anyone with google can get around an IP ban fairly quickly.
Old 03-25-2014, 09:06 PM
Planar Protector

I'm behind 9 proxies

ban me bro
Old 03-25-2014, 09:08 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
I think whenever an account is flagged for RMT they should be warned every time they log in and only get 1 warning. That way people aren't shocked when they get banned 3 months down the road, while also preventing RMT from flourishing.

The best way to stop RMT isn't by watching them do it and banning them, but from preventing them from doing it in the first place.
I agree. Even to ban immediately. But waiting several months to do bans just lets RMT flourish, lets people who just spent money get addicted for several months, and allows said platinum to disperse through the server. I would have been pissed, but less pissed if I had been banned a week or two after the purchase (or even the day of).
Old 03-25-2014, 09:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezilla [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree. Even to ban immediately. But waiting several months to do bans just lets RMT flourish, lets people who just spent money get addicted for several months, and allows said platinum to disperse through the server. I would have been pissed, but less pissed if I had been banned a week or two after the purchase (or even the day of).
that level of pissing off the rmter would motivate my patience and keep doing massive bans
Old 03-25-2014, 09:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezilla [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wouldn't matter. People would still have a problem with it, and whine and complain and protest their innocence. They do it their way. It seems to be working.
Old 03-25-2014, 09:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Multiple small bans = people getting let on to the strategy they use for detection.

Large ban = QQ forum post impotent rage

Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 59 Shaman
Lemonspoon Icebeaner - 52 Enchanter
Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 60 Enchanter
Closed Thread