Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

View Poll Results: Do you live in one of America's inner cities?
Yes, I live in a but I got inner city 41 18.55%
Yes, I live in a crime infested inner city 35 15.84%
Yes, I live in a burning crime infested inner city 33 14.93%
Bush burned the crime infested towers 153 69.23%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 221. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2019, 03:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
so you agree statistics are not facts?

consider yourself debunked
What?

That stats would show that NVA captured more cities, making it the victor.

So statistics show NVA won.
Old 02-28-2019, 03:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
no, no, no, no that conclusion would suggest that only liars figure, which in the strictest sense is probably true since everyone is very likely to have lied at least once in their lives, but it is otherwise ridiculous to assert (that only those aspiring to deception figure). Statistics are easily manipulated. That doesn't mean they aren't useful though.
lying is useful too
Old 02-28-2019, 03:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by America [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i haven't read into the evidence at all. maybe he was born in Kenya. the storyline still memes because of the race angle. that is my only assertion here and it is accurate.

you are reactionarily talking past me and not comprehending what I am saying. it's another pavlovian response from you. i won't entertain any further examples of that, but if you wanna talk to me i'll be here.
You don't examine evidence, yet you come to conclusions? You can't read minds, yet somehow profess to know motives? Dress it up however you want, it looks like a bunch of bullshit.
Old 02-28-2019, 03:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by America [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I presume the clarity I added in my edit will not help either. I'm very sorry. I accept you anyway. I will continue to love you.
The racism trope is just a tool to shut others down when there is no other defense.

Any race can legitimately criticize another person of another race.

Just because they're critical of them doesn't mean they're racist.

People hated Obama because he was a Democrat. Not because he was black. (half black)
Old 02-28-2019, 03:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You don't examine evidence, yet you come to conclusions? You can't read minds, yet somehow profess to know motives? Dress it up however you want, but it's just a bunch of bullshit.
Again -- I have yet to challenge the factuality of Birtherism whatsoever. The only conclusion I have drawn does not require the examination of the Birther body of evidence. My only assertions are two:
  1. An ephemeral force known as "racism" exists in the minds of people.
  2. Eyes were drawn to the story, adding clicks, because discussing the heritage of a black man touches on this psychological element "racism".
I know for a fact that I furthered the Birtherism meme, without ever reading up on the facts, because I am a racist. Therefore it is absolutely, 100% indisputable that everything I have said here is factually correct at some level of scale. It is not a challenge to your narrative. It is an acknowledgment of some existence of nuance. You should be tremendously frightened that this acknowledgment affects your psyche so.
Old 02-28-2019, 03:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoTriz2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All you proved is that the number was increasing from 1990 to 2010.

I proved it is decreasing since 2010.

So I win.

Better luck next time, bud.

You'll need it.
you never linked a source just another picture
Old 02-28-2019, 03:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You don't examine evidence, yet you come to conclusions? You can't read minds, yet somehow profess to know motives? Dress it up however you want, it looks like a bunch of bullshit.
The argument is based on the assumption that racists would be more interested about and more inclined to discuss such claims than non-racists. i think that is an accurate assumption, but I'd be wary of asserting it as the driving force behind the meme because I don't really know shit about memes or social media ^^;
Old 02-28-2019, 03:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The argument is based on the assumption that racists would be more interested about and more inclined to discuss such claims than non-racists. i think that is an accurate assumption, but I'd be wary of asserting it as the driving force behind the meme because I don't really know shit about memes or social media ^^;
Although we could debate about it, I've so far stopped short of describing it as "the" driving force. The interesting thing about this "debate" is the complete rigidity with respect to acknowledging that racism exists and affects appetites which influence news cycles whatsoever.

I am actually going down a line that could strengthen a clever Birther's argument: that the racists/racism involved in furthering Birtherism are rare/small, and merely used as scapegoats to distract from facts that demonstrate Obama's foreign birth. However, these two are abjectly unable to acknowledge any level of nuance beyond the ordained narrative. They've abstracted Tucker Carlson's refusal to discuss nuance (doesn't work on TV) into a worldview without grayscale. It's interesting.
Last edited by America; 02-28-2019 at 04:11 PM..
Old 02-28-2019, 03:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
no, no, no, no that conclusion would suggest that only liars figure, which in the strictest sense is probably true since everyone is very likely to have lied at least once in their lives, but it is otherwise ridiculous to assert (that only those aspiring to deception figure). Statistics are easily manipulated. That doesn't mean they aren't useful though.
You are basically saying the quote is pointless since it's not phrased in absolute terms. Why would a pointless phrase blow your mind?
Old 02-28-2019, 04:02 PM
Planar Protector

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lying is useful too
what's the point of this? i don't get it.

*readies Nerdbane, Hammer of Bonking*