Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 05-26-2022, 01:32 PM
Planar Protector

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As much as I support adding some safeguards to the purchase process for guns, I really don't think this is happening because of access to guns. People in many other countries have lots of access to guns and this still happens far, far more frequently here, there's no comparison.

Life in the US is, for many, just too alienating, lonely, and just plain terrible. Human beings were meant to function in close knit communities and extended family clans. You're supposed to live in a house or compound with multiple generations, surrounded by lots of cousins, nieces & nephews, etc, as well as peers who you interact with on a daily basis.

Many American kids grow up in a single family household, and among those, many with only one parent or shared time between parents. Their only exposure to social interaction outside their immediate family is likely to be at school, but with the advent of the internet and social media, there is less meaningful and personal interaction with peers outside school. My wife is a teacher and she is seeing it. These kids are fucking socially retarded. They aren't even having sex with each other anymore. Many text with each other instead of talking, even if they are in the same room. How many people do you think regularly played team sports or other team activities and ended up being mass murderers? (For reasons other than political or ideological extremism)

In social isolation, mental illnesses are allowed to metastasize and you end up with monsters. Among mass shooters, this is virtually universal. Very, very few of them were socially integrated beyond their immediate family and rarely a handful of friends.

So I'd argue our problem is less associated with guns, and more associated with the American way of life and how much it just flat out fucking sucks for millions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaveh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why be pro Russian? Commies are bad and against freedom
Quote:
Originally Posted by robayon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
o7 Well stated
Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Some reading/viewing material ... that probably won't change anyone's mind, because you could shoot fifty babies in front of a gun nut and they still would only care about their 2nd amendment rights:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake1981 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How quick did people start in on guns again? iirc the bodies were still warm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The stateless are owed no protection by any Sovereign.

Some shit like that ring your bell?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake1981 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No, I am American. How exactly should this have rung my bell?
Quote:
Planar Protector

Like i predicted after the "eco terrorist" in australia, this sort of thing is only going to increase in frequency. People are checking out of society for a multitude of reasons, some of their own volition while others tossed out. A portion of these "refuges" will eventually decide to burn everything down.
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rethalis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How about we get rid of gun free zones instead. Said it before, never heard of a mass shooting at a gun show.
The meme appears to be an effort to support the gun-advocate talking points.

In 2008, an 8-year-old boy died after accidentally shooting himself in the head at a gun show in Massachusetts. In 2014, a 9-year-old girl accidentally shot and killed her instructor at a gun range in Arizona.

In addition, a number of gun-related deaths and injuries have occurred at gun shows proper, according to numerous news reports. Among them, five people in three states were injured when weapons accidentally went off at gun shows in one day in January 2013, while a man seriously injured himself outside an Iowa gun show by accidentally shooting himself in 2018.

A 2017 study by the University of California at Berkeley found “a nearly 70 percent increase in deaths and injuries from firearms in California communities within convenient driving distance of Nevada gun shows.” The state of Nevada “has some of the least restrictive firearm laws in the country and no explicit regulations on gun shows” whereas California “has some of the strongest firearm laws in the country,” per the study.
Old 05-26-2022, 01:33 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah Baler sucks. Anyways how's your sex life?
“The fundamental question is, will I be as effective as a boss like my dad was? And I will be, even more so. But until I am, it's going to be hard to verify that I think I'll be more effective.“- Little Carmine
Old 05-26-2022, 01:35 PM
Fire Giant

Well, thats what happens when you make humans pay their own hard earned money to have their fucking brain checked out by a professional..

Sorry but, anybody who is financially strapped will not be wasting money on a mental health check up, or paying for weekly therapy or psych appointments.

How it actually works- is you bottle everything up, hoping things improve, and when it finally boils over, shit hits the fan in the blink of an eye, and people hurt themselves or others..

But yeah, go ahead and make us pay for these kinda services.. It's clearly working out well....
Old 05-26-2022, 01:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Meaning what, exactly? Can't one of you guys ever provide some kind of clear proposal?

The main problem with these mass shootings is that they make people abandon all reason
1.) You didn't provide a clear proposal in all of your bloviated post, either, Ooloo. Unless "do absolutely nothing" counts as a proposal.

2.) I reckon the main problem with the mass shootings is probably, you know, the death and heartbreak they cause.

But do go off, doing the very thing you're criticizing in a post yet again. Amazing job, so much posted but so little said
Old 05-26-2022, 01:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rethalis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How about we get rid of gun free zones instead. Said it before, never heard of a mass shooting at a gun show.
Both the Uvalde elementary school and Buffalo grocery store had armed guards present. Of course people don't shoot up gun shows. It's a hard target. If your goal is to kill a bunch of people, you're likely going to find a soft target. Of course, mass murders have occurred in or near hard targets.

Here's the thing about guns: surprise and initiative are about a 1,000x force multiplier. The defender has virtually no chance against the attacker when surprise is involved. Most of these mass shooters are suicidal, fully intending to either be killed by cops or to kill themselves. Why the fuck do you think it would matter if every teacher were carrying a machine gun? If you make schools a hard target, they're only going to find some other soft target, and meanwhile you'll have a bunch of gun accidents and aggravated assaults turned into murders because a gun was available at hand.

Read my above post, I don't think gun control is the answer to this, but your post is just completely illogical.
Last edited by Lune; 05-26-2022 at 01:50 PM..
Old 05-26-2022, 01:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by robayon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1.) You didn't provide a clear proposal in all of your bloviated post, either, Ooloo. Unless "do absolutely nothing" counts as a proposal.

2.) I reckon the main problem with the mass shootings is probably, you know, the death and heartbreak they cause.

But do go off, doing the very thing you're criticizing in a post yet again. Amazing job, so much posted but so little said
I repeatedly, repeatedly suggested having armed professional security at schools (NOT armed teachers). And no, the fact that "Hey one time there was a guard and they just ran away soooooo THAT'LL never work" isn't even a shred of an argument.

I also keep raising the same question over and over about the thousands and thousands of uses of firearms to save lives every year, and then Botten crapped something out about Ben shapiro, and something about like two accidents at gun shows over the course of like 30 years. If you take guns out of society, everyone who has ever defended themself (or someone else) from a stabbing, beating, mugging, or raping would probably be dead. You have to account for that reality, before you start suggesting anything even remotely like Australia.

And hey sure raise minimum age to 21 if you want, not that I think it'll make much of a dent. The worst mass shooting in history was some 50 year old guy.
Last edited by Ooloo; 05-26-2022 at 01:47 PM..
Old 05-26-2022, 01:49 PM
Banned

That's great Ooloo, way to sidestep your repeated blatant hypocrisy, but that is not my position so I don't know why you mentioned it to me.

I do not support gun grabbing by any government official. The problem is bigger than guns. And no amount of armed guards will prevent all of this for the same reason no amount of gun grabbing will prevent all of this. This isn't a single policy solution because it's obviously a systemic issue.

Feel free to cite statistics for once in your posting career. Matt Walsh videos do not count.
Old 05-26-2022, 01:56 PM
Banned

Here's a proposal: make it legal for only women to own firearms

Also, if you transition from male to female, you gain the ability to legally own a gun