Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

View Poll Results: Do you live in one of America's inner cities?
Yes, I live in a but I got inner city 41 18.55%
Yes, I live in a crime infested inner city 35 15.84%
Yes, I live in a burning crime infested inner city 33 14.93%
Bush burned the crime infested towers 153 69.23%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 221. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2019, 10:56 PM
Aviak

First off, I kind of have a feeling this post is going to get a lot of hype, seeming a lot of people in this community come from a place where the dislike of Americans is pretty high.

I just have a question.

Why?

In 1775 we declared war on the British Empire, in the year 1783 we won the war and became our own free country, we were a Democratic Republic. I see a lot of people claiming that the USA is an Empire. We are of no such thing. We are still a Democratic Republic, not a monarchy or an oligarchy.

In the following years we had a Civil War, the Union was victorious, setting all the black slaves free, but our racism and "Jim Crow" laws didnt end untill the 80's or 90's. We got over that problem, up to that point, we are still a Democratic Republic.

On the date 12,7,41 we where obliterated at Pearl Harbor, our Pacific fleet destroyed, open for attack. The next day, war was declared between the USA and the Axis powers, the US once again in another World War to help out their Allies.

But before the second world war, there was a first. And if an event never happened, we would never have joined the Allies. In the teens we were more likely to enter on the axis side. This all changed when The sinking of the Lusitania cruise ship by a German submarine and the Zimmermann note. The Lusitania was a passenger ship that a German torpedo hit and sunk, killing about 100 US passengers. This ignited the US to join the allies.

Imagine the US joining the Axis, and then again in WWII. If you look at it, there would be no France, there would be no UK, there would be no Russia, hell, even the US wouldn't exist. But we helped the right people, and we won.

Let's not forget the D-Day landings and paradroppings behind enemy lines the night before. Without the Ameicans the landings would have been a terrible slaughter for the Allies.

In the 60's we went to Vietnam to help out the French and the South Vietnamese, we were abandoned and sent to fight a force that memorized the land like we memorize our rooms. The US never lost a battle in Vietnam, we just lost the war with our week politics, just like always.

The United States is a very important contributor to medicine aswell.

Without us, you would still be searching for a cure for Small Pox. We have made HUGE advancements in medical science and Military technology. And without us, there would be a Soviet flag on the moon, and the Soviets would still be in the Middle east, and they would have a huge hand in everything. There would still be a communist Soviet Union.

Now please, i'm not looking for a flame war, i just want a simple explanation, i have nothing against anyone of another country. If you have anything to say just comment back.

Lastly, today, from all the bs we recive from ourselves and others. We are STILL a Democratic republic, we STILL have loyal citizens, we STILL have an amazing Armed Force, and we are STILL on this planet. That is all i have to say.
Old 03-21-2019, 11:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by capco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
First off, I kind of have a feeling this post is going to get a lot of hype, seeming a lot of people in this community come from a place where the dislike of Americans is pretty high.

I just have a question.

Why?

In 1775 we declared war on the British Empire, in the year 1783 we won the war and became our own free country, we were a Democratic Republic. I see a lot of people claiming that the USA is an Empire. We are of no such thing. We are still a Democratic Republic, not a monarchy or an oligarchy.

In the following years we had a Civil War, the Union was victorious, setting all the black slaves free, but our racism and "Jim Crow" laws didnt end untill the 80's or 90's. We got over that problem, up to that point, we are still a Democratic Republic.

On the date 12,7,41 we where obliterated at Pearl Harbor, our Pacific fleet destroyed, open for attack. The next day, war was declared between the USA and the Axis powers, the US once again in another World War to help out their Allies.

But before the second world war, there was a first. And if an event never happened, we would never have joined the Allies. In the teens we were more likely to enter on the axis side. This all changed when The sinking of the Lusitania cruise ship by a German submarine and the Zimmermann note. The Lusitania was a passenger ship that a German torpedo hit and sunk, killing about 100 US passengers. This ignited the US to join the allies.

Imagine the US joining the Axis, and then again in WWII. If you look at it, there would be no France, there would be no UK, there would be no Russia, hell, even the US wouldn't exist. But we helped the right people, and we won.

Let's not forget the D-Day landings and paradroppings behind enemy lines the night before. Without the Ameicans the landings would have been a terrible slaughter for the Allies.

In the 60's we went to Vietnam to help out the French and the South Vietnamese, we were abandoned and sent to fight a force that memorized the land like we memorize our rooms. The US never lost a battle in Vietnam, we just lost the war with our week politics, just like always.

Without us, you would still be searching for a cure for Small Pox. We have made HUGE advancements in medical science and Military technology. And without us, there would be a Soviet flag on the moon, and the Soviets would still be in the Middle east, and they would have a huge hand in everything. There would still be a communist Soviet Union.

Now please, i'm not looking for a flame war, i just want a simple explanation, i have nothing against anyone of another country. If you have anything to say just comment back.

Lastly, today, from all the bs we recive from ourselves and others. We are STILL a Democratic republic, we STILL have loyal citizens, we STILL have an amazing Armed Force, and we are STILL on this planet. That is all i have to say.
the only unAmerican folks around these parts are mick and dino. everyone else is from Glorious Cascadia, texas, or florida.
Old 03-22-2019, 07:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by capco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I just have a question.

Why?

Yes I believe the United States has generally been a force of progress and good for humanity. Have we done some horrible shit? Yea. But it pales in comparison to the horrible shit done by any other body that has had the power we do.

Only nitpick is that we are indeed an oligarchy and we are in a new gilded age. Our economy and government are intertwined and rigged to suit the interests of a select few people, and we are being exploited like serfs and peasants to line the pockets of Haggle Barons. Also the smallpox vaccine was developed by Edward Jenner, a European, and ultimately cured by an international (Europe/North America) effort.
Old 03-22-2019, 08:54 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Because he was a scumbag who tried overthrow a duly elected president
Care to elaborate?? What does "tried to overthrow" mean?? So john mccain assaulted the white house with guns, but was stopped at the gate?? What does that mean?? He "tried to overthrow" trump?? Tell us what that means. Describe the actions he took which constitute "tried to overthrow" a president. Sounds like someone has been listening to a little too much AM radio..
Old 03-22-2019, 09:48 AM
Planar Protector

We’re an empire. That doesn’t mean we’re bad at all. You would’ve been blessed to live in Rome as opposed to shitholeIstan, just as you’re blessed to live in America instead of Mexico or some other shit hole country. That doesn’t mean we don’t have 12 aircraft carriers enforcing trade in the US dollar and that we didn’t get here through Manifest Destiny (ethnic cleansing and conquest) and cultural hegemony. The issue is that today, being right is considered wrong if it offends someone’s sensibilities. Progress must destroy those standing in its way. That’s how dad did it. That’s how America does it
Old 03-22-2019, 09:51 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes I believe the United States has generally been a force of progress and good for humanity. Have we done some horrible shit? Yea. But it pales in comparison to the horrible shit done by any other body that has had the power we do.

Only nitpick is that we are indeed an oligarchy and we are in a new gilded age. Our economy and government are intertwined and rigged to suit the interests of a select few people, and we are being exploited like serfs and peasants to line the pockets of Haggle Barons. Also the smallpox vaccine was developed by Edward Jenner, a European, and ultimately cured by an international (Europe/North America) effort.
Become a robber baron and change it then dude

Jeff bezos was selling books in his garage at 35. Now because he had a good idea he’s an evil robber baron. We need to bring bakc serfdom. Some people clearly think of themselves as powerless and we should make the delusion reality
Old 03-22-2019, 09:53 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the only unAmerican folks around these parts are mick and dino. everyone else is from Glorious Cascadia, texas, or florida.
God bless this post. And god bless Texas
Old 03-22-2019, 09:56 AM
Banned

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We’re an empire. That doesn’t mean we’re bad at all. You would’ve been blessed to live in Rome as opposed to shitholeIstan, just as you’re blessed to live in America instead of Mexico or some other shit hole country. That doesn’t mean we don’t have 12 aircraft carriers enforcing trade in the US dollar and that we didn’t get here through Manifest Destiny (ethnic cleansing and conquest) and cultural hegemony. The issue is that today, being right is considered wrong if it offends someone’s sensibilities. Progress must destroy those standing in its way. That’s how dad did it. That’s how America does it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Jeff bezos was selling books in his garage at 35. Now because he had a good idea he’s an evil robber baron. We need to bring bakc serfdom. Some people clearly think of themselves as powerless and we should make the delusion reality
Quote:
God bless this post. And god bless Texas
Old 03-22-2019, 10:17 AM
Banned

Quote:

Bezo's isn't evil but his company is paying zero fucking taxes. His entire business model is exploiting loopholes in the way our government works so money can be transferred out of brick in mortar stores and better paying jobs and into his bank account. Smart guy, but it no way to run a country.

No one is a bigger welfare queen than the Amazon Corp., except maybe other top companies like Walmart and AT&T etc..If you get paid $14 an hour, your paying for toward these assholes.

Bullshit military operations that benefit a handful of companies, subsides for the rich, excessive retirement plans for the well off, and yes, maybe $180 to a homeless person for food...but Trump is working on ending that part.

Not the rest though. Most the rest he is good with. Because he's a billionaire trust funder who is relatively an idiot for his class. You guys just probably want to get a beer with him. God damnit.

"WoW Masta, this is sure a nice house we have here." It make me sick. And no matter how much you point out the facts of the matter you guys have some way to twist it so Trump or McCain or some other rightwing asshole is the good guy.
Old 03-22-2019, 10:20 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes I believe the United States has generally been a force of progress and good for humanity.
Why? Because we developed and invented some technology, created capital? Couldn't any asshole country have done the same?

200 years from now (in Chinese)

"I believe China has been a force for good, even though we some big problems."
Closed Thread