Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2022, 04:55 PM
Banned

I don’t bemoan anyone who donates to the daily wire. I like having a cultural impact perspective

But for example right now they are talking about super fat hip hop artist Lizzo playing on some priceless artifact flute. They’ll have other discussion about policy decisions, bigger picture stuff. But like me, I really don’t give a shit what Lizzo is doing or see why it’s news worthy

I still appreciate the perspective on cultural impact, and I think no one can truly measure the extent our culture is politically manipulated and how that affects us as a society. Some might feel very little, others might feel quite a lot
Last edited by unsunghero; 09-29-2022 at 05:00 PM..
Old 09-29-2022, 04:56 PM
Planar Protector

Alex Jones is the only media outlet that isnt funded by billionares.
Old 09-29-2022, 05:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basanos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm glad to hear that. Daily Wire is funded by billionaire money. They stick largely to cultural issues for a reason, the billionaires that fund it want conservatives mad about those cultural issues because it often gets the listener to vote against their own interests, which usually means the rich get more money.

That's pretty much the entire conservative project. Abortion, "illegal" immigration, gay rights, women's rights, the existence of trans people... they're all just leverage the rich use.

To be fair, they do it to liberals too, through other means. Liberals voting for Democrats are often voting against their interests.
It’s always going to be easier to get people’s attention via provocative topics that play to people’s emotion

Topics like monetary policy is over most of our heads. I am not an economics expert, so I really would struggle to weigh in on how the gov’t should spend its money. But I have all sorts of opinions on what I think is racist or not racist, etc

Also outrage sells. It sells almost as good as sex nowadays, maybe even better. Both sides definitely make good use of it. This is why you see me constantly use the term “outrage merchants” for newscasters
Old 09-29-2022, 05:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Alex Jones is the only media outlet that isnt funded by billionares.
“Can you BEEELLLIIIEEEVVVEEE what the GOP/Dems are doing now??!!”

This is basically the headline of every news station in America

If a president was really concerned with unity, all they would have to do is make the FCC make a law/rule where news stations had to lead every news article with something they liked about the other political party. Then they could criticize away. That alone would go farther to unify than any president has ever done
Old 09-29-2022, 05:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
“Can you BEEELLLIIIEEEVVVEEE what the GOP/Dems are doing now??!!”

This is basically the headline of every news station in America

If a president was really concerned with unity, all they would have to do is make the FCC make a law/rule where news stations had to lead every news article with something they liked about the other political party. Then they could criticize away. That alone would go farther to unify than any president has ever done
Oh yes please let's do compelled speech.
Old 09-29-2022, 05:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I really think the solution is easy.

You cease this nonsense about corporations being citizens and using our bill of rights and personal freedoms.

and then you make it so if a corporation profits off telling a lie the board of executives are executed.
Old 09-29-2022, 05:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Also outrage sells. It sells almost as good as sex nowadays, maybe even better. Both sides definitely make good use of it. This is why you see me constantly use the term “outrage merchants” for newscasters
Good term. Can I appropriate it? Does it apply to the Daily Wire?

Coverage of Lizzo playing an old instrument may not result in anyone getting shot, but Ben Shapiro sure does have a lot of superfans who like to shoot people. The vast majority are perfectly normal, obviously, and I am sure there's some shooters who are grey wolves
Old 09-29-2022, 05:52 PM
Planar Protector

President this chick

Old 09-29-2022, 06:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh yes please let's do compelled speech.
Don’t be bitter when you know it would work tho [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-29-2022, 06:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basanos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Does it apply to the Daily Wire?
Uh about 110%
Closed Thread