Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2015, 02:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by myalcador [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Still waiting on my petition to be resolved. It's been viewed 12 times, no replies from any GMs... very irritating, I've done nothing wrong. What's the hold up on a response? Even just a quick "we're investigating" would be nice, then I'd at least know that SOMETHING is happening...

Do your job GMs!! You started this project, people donate funds to keep it rocking, and you did the massive ban wave... it's now time to exercise adequate customer service skills for your customers. You need to set more realistic expectations for people who join p1999 - have extra accounts or trade too often and you will most likely be scooped into a ban wave. Then you will wait weeks before you find out if your request is even being processed.

/endrant
probably best legit upset rant I've read this year...

Old 02-21-2015, 12:43 PM
Sarnak

If I hear another goddamn entitled nerd demand better "service" from a totally free-to-play server and it's operators... I just don't know what I'll do.

P99 Devs and Guides do this out of pocket and with their free time. These people are under no obligation to even continue hosting the project, much less "respond in a timely manner" to petitions. I'm assuming the majority of us aren't raging 13-year-olds playing Minecraft but adults capable of a little more critical thought and empathy.

If you donated it doesn't give you a soapbox to demand anything. The donation is more a gift to your fellow players than anything else to support the world you share.

If you were banned and don't know why, maybe stop trading with strangers and use your nose a bit when doing guildie transfers. If you were banned and you know why, make a new new account and keep your fan fiction to yourself.
Last edited by Feanol; 02-21-2015 at 12:45 PM..
Old 02-21-2015, 03:50 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenzig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The suppliers have enough time to dedicate to this and other games required to build up the pixel wealth. The only way you build pixel wealth with the intent to sell for rl money is time invested. The sellers will have multiple accounts with pixel hoards. They will always be around as long as there is a demand. Ban the account. Doesn't matter. It will only be a matter of weeks/months before they have enough stockpiled to sell again.
If there was no demand for bought and sold pixels, there would be no one interested in stockpiling with the intent to sell. You punish everyone involved, including the sellers. That doesn't mean that RMT goes away. That is in the hands of the community.
In other words, RMT, and the bans that result from it, will always be with us.
Here's the problem dude:

The way the most valuable mobs (and therefore, drops) on the server are totally locked down there's only a set group of people (or guilds) that could possibly have the volume of items and platinum required to sustain such "vast demand."

Surely then, by your logic, the demand must far outweigh the supply. Therefore one can assume that the SUPPLIERS are in far fewer numbers than the BUYERS, which in turn leads us to the final question:

If the staff can "track down and identify 440 accounts involved with RMT" would it not be fair to assume that they should be able to track down these suppliers who are far fewer in number?

Browsing some of the RMT sites for fun after this banwave revealed one thing that was very obvious: Just 24 hours after the banwave hit, operations were restored to normal. This means that CLEARLY the supply chain was not hit in any way but instead the buyers received the most punishment; going so far as to BAN accounts that simply traded with and/or received platinum and/or items from RMTers in what SEEMED to be legitimate ingame trades.

TLDR: It just doesn't add up. If you can "track 440 accounts involved in RMT" then why can you not track the far fewer number of accounts that are SUPPLYING these RMTers? There can't be that many accounts / players that have 10s of millions of platinum and items banked who can just endlessly supply these large RMT websites with stock -- unless there's some kind of item/plat duping that's going on which is always a possibility as well!
Old 02-21-2015, 03:54 PM
Sarnak

I tell ya, Velious is just gonna be a JOY isn't it? Velious may have very few end-game droppables, but almost every quest in the expansion is MQable.

That Eyepatch of Plunder? Unlikely. That Bracer of Benevolence? HAH!

Every single armor-quest-camp being permacamped by RMT suppliers - even the Kael camps for Thurgadin armor will be permacamped, as they're incredibly easy to MQ.

Good luck seeing the Sleeper's Tomb in the first 3 years after Velious releases, as the key quest is also MQable. The extremely high-end quest items from Dozekar in TOV, all MQable.

etc etc etc
Last edited by HalflingWarrior; 02-21-2015 at 04:14 PM..
Old 02-21-2015, 04:16 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalflingWarrior [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I tell ya, Velious is just gonna be a JOY isn't it? Velious may have very few end-game droppables, but almost every quest in the expansion is MQable.

That Eyepatch of Plunder? Unlikely. That Bracer of Benevolence? HAH!

Every single armor-quest-camp being permacamped by RMT suppliers - even the Kael camps for Thurgadin armor will be permacamped, as they're incredibly easy to MQ.

Good luck seeing the Sleeper's Tomb in the first 3 years after Velious releases, as the key quest is also MQable. The extremely high-end quest items from Dozekar in TOV, all MQable.

etc etc etc

You may just be banned for even trading at normal rates and prices actually. Still waiting to have my account issue resolved. I got banned for xfering blue plat to red.
Old 02-21-2015, 05:41 PM
Fire Giant

I got banned for transferring some stuff for a buddy from one of his accounts to another, and now I can't play this weekend. I love this shoot first, ask questions later crap.
Old 02-21-2015, 07:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by girth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I got banned for transferring some stuff for a buddy from one of his accounts to another, and now I can't play this weekend. I love this shoot first, ask questions later crap.
This is what happens when you play on a server run by a bunch of scum bag hypocrite wanna-be Nazi's.

Quote:
TLDR: It just doesn't add up. If you can "track 440 accounts involved in RMT" then why can you not track the far fewer number of accounts that are SUPPLYING these RMTers? There can't be that many accounts / players that have 10s of millions of platinum and items banked who can just endlessly supply these large RMT websites with stock -- unless there's some kind of item/plat duping that's going on which is always a possibility as well!
That or DERP, the people running the server are the ones behind the RMT and are only banning people to make it look like they are keeping the server clean and that they are against RMT. I don't think people realize how many TENS OF THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS are being made off of RMT. To think that Rogean and/or GM's running this server are not taking advantage of that large an amount of money is mind blowingly retarded. You have to have rocks for brains to not be able to realize that the people running this server are responsible for the majority of the RMT going on in it.
Old 02-21-2015, 07:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalflingWarrior [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
they should be able to track down these suppliers who are far fewer in number!
They can and yet don't ... Aka: 9/11 false flag illuminati tupac Kennedy moon landing.

Beam me up!
Old 02-21-2015, 07:24 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by valarmorghulis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

That or DERP, the people running the server are the ones behind the RMT and are only banning people to make it look like they are keeping the server clean and that they are against RMT. I don't think people realize how many TENS OF THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS are being made off of RMT. To think that Rogean and/or GM's running this server are not taking advantage of that large an amount of money is mind blowingly retarded. You have to have rocks for brains to not be able to realize that the people running this server are responsible for the majority of the RMT going on in it.

This man might be right, but i doubt Rogean is in on it, it might be others involved. But there is ZERO evidence for it so it is just a conspiracy theory at this point.
Old 02-21-2015, 07:36 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by valarmorghulis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is what happens when you play on a server run by a bunch of scum bag hypocrite wanna-be Nazi's.

yep. and you can see proof of this by how we constantly tell people NOT to RMT on this server. how we warn people everywhere that they will be banned if they RMT on this server. and how we make public announcements reminding people that we just banned another 400+ accounts for RMT. the reason we get so mad about RMT is because (spoiler alert incoming) we don't make money off it.

the real problem here is that you are too big of a scumbag to be in "Rogean and/or GM's" shoes, and not sellout your integrity, and so you can not possibly conceive the notion that others wouldn't do the same thing as you would do in that position. and thats fine if you wanna be a piece of shit, thats your choice in life. however it just so happens that "Rogean and/or GM's", choose not to be.

but thanks for playing

<3
Sirks

Sirken's Twitch Stream - www.twitch.tv/sirken_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Accusing me of simultaneous favoritism for two opposing guilds involves a special kind of stupid
Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten View Post
going after sirken is like going to a cheerleader convention and punching the only one that bothered to talk to you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post
I've met Sirken IRL.. he ain't jelly of shit

Closed Thread