Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 04-19-2022, 03:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is wrong. You don't have to be a sociopath lol. People play video games because they are easier than real life. Why do you assume people play games to put up with the same bullshit they have to in real life?

Are you the type of person who thinks anybody who plays Grand Theft Auto is a sociopath? Because playing Grand Theft Auto factually does not make you a sociopath. No studies have shown this.
No, I believe that someone who continuously demonstrates (or, rather, proudly boasts) that they don't give a shit about what other people think in a shared online community where your personal reputation matters (if you don't think it does, go pull some legal-but-dick moves on members of Guild X and then go apply to Guild X), and uses that to justify their selfish actions is a sociopath.

I have nothing else to contribute to this conversation, really... because it's clear to everyone else what type of person you are, if that wasn't already clear.

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 04-19-2022, 03:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No, I believe that someone who continuously demonstrates (or, rather, proudly boasts) that they don't give a shit about what other people think in a shared online community where your personal reputation matters (if you don't think it does, go pull some legal-but-dick moves on members of Guild X and then go apply to Guild X), and uses that to justify their selfish actions is a sociopath.

I have nothing else to contribute to this conversation, really... because it's clear to everyone else what type of person you are, if that wasn't already clear.
You are assuming that shit talking on the internet is inherently wrong, or intentionally malicious. Similar to video games, people use the internet as an outlet because it allows them to say things or do things they couldn't normally say or do in real life. That doesn't make them dicks, that makes them human. Obviously some things are dangerous, like posting other peoples real life information, but most of it is harmless fun and venting. Seal Team hasn't broken any rules, or done anything abnormal.

You are trying to make Everquest exactly like real life, which is silly. If you want to play real life, get off your computer and go outside.
Old 04-19-2022, 03:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, the people who are calling Seal Team dicks are behaving quite poorly. Glad we agree!
People should be happy content was removed from the server forever by Seal Team?
Old 04-19-2022, 03:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
This is wrong. You don't have to be a sociopath lol. People play video games because they are easier than real life. Why do you assume people play games to put up with the same bullshit they have to in real life?

Are you the type of person who thinks anybody who plays Grand Theft Auto is a sociopath? Because playing Grand Theft Auto factually does not make you a sociopath. No studies have shown this.
Sorry... one more thing to answer your strawman arguments...

When I play GTA Online, I expect to be run over. I expect to be griefed by some level 300 toolbar.

When I play CoD, I expect to be sniper, or killed by a camper.

When I play Everquest, I expect server reputation to matter, just like it did on Live. That means... don't be a dick to others, even if not specifically prohibited by rules/mechanics.

Old 04-19-2022, 03:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizondo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People should be happy content was removed from the server forever by Seal Team?
I am not forcing you to be happy. You can be miserable if you want lol.

You agreed to play P99, which means you have opted in to playing a game with limited time loot. There are plenty of game that aren't like this if it bothers you. Go play them.
Old 04-19-2022, 03:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

When I play GTA Online, I expect to be run over. I expect to be griefed by some level 300 toolbag.

When I play CoD, I expect to be sniped or killed by a camper.

When I play Everquest, I expect server reputation to matter, just like it did on Live. That means... don't be a dick to others, even if not specifically prohibited by rules/mechanics.
Fixed.

Old 04-19-2022, 03:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I am not forcing you to be happy. You can be miserable if you want lol.

You agreed to play P99, which means you have opted in to playing a game with limited time loot. There are plenty of game that aren't like this if it bothers you. Go play them.
Sleeper has no timer though

Try again
Old 04-19-2022, 03:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:

When I play GTA Online, I expect to be run over. I expect to be griefed by some level 300 toolbar.

When I play CoD, I expect to be sniper, or killed by a camper.

And there lies the problem.

Your expectations for GTA and CoD match perfectly.

Your expectations for P99 are unrealistic, because your definition of what is a dick doesn't match the definition of the gameplay mechanics and PnP. Your definition of dick is simply too inclusive, and doesn't match. I am sorry.
Old 04-19-2022, 03:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
And there lies the problem.

Your expectations for GTA and CoD match perfectly.

Your expectations for P99 are unrealistic, because your definition of what is a dick doesn't match the definition of the gameplay mechanics and PnP. Your definition of dick is simply too inclusive, and doesn't match. I am sorry.
That's your opinion

Not fact
Old 04-19-2022, 03:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizondo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's your opinion

Not fact
It's fact. The gameplay mechanics and PnP are clear on P99. Just like the gameplay mechanics and PnP are clear on GTA and CoD. You can play the game and read the PnP. Please show me a video of the gameplay disproving this, or an excerpt from the PnP that says you can't wake the Sleeper.