Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

View Poll Results: Do you live in one of America's inner cities?
Yes, I live in a but I got inner city 41 18.55%
Yes, I live in a crime infested inner city 35 15.84%
Yes, I live in a burning crime infested inner city 33 14.93%
Bush burned the crime infested towers 153 69.23%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 221. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2019, 01:49 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by feniin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He makes shit up.
I don't think he intentionally makes stuff up, but tries to guess about the motivations of a viewpoint, and is wrong more often than not.
Old 04-20-2019, 02:51 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Who said anything about relating to their viewpoint? Where did you get that from?
The sympathy ploy by the left regarding caravans on the whole. Generally speaking, the left is obsessed with the idea of relating to the experience of others, at least superficially.

Thus the concept of moral relativity, cultural relativity etc. At its root, its asking those on the "in" to put aside their subjectivity, in order to embrace outsiders' subjectivity, however, on the same note very little emphasis/heed is paid toward encouraging the same being returned in kind.

To put it into a more relatable context. Imagine youre doing business with another company. A conflict arises, for the sake of continuing the mutually beneficial relationship you make a concession, say you knock 5points off your margin.

Now, a couple months go by and the other company is behind 30 days on their payables, and youre starting to get impatient with them. They say, hey, look, we need you to extend our terms from 30 days to 60 days because our clients are slow to pay and we're in a pinch trying to pay you net 30, so for the sake of continuing the relationship you see their side and make the concession.

3 months later theyre behind on paying you another 30 days sitting with invoices aging net 90. Now, impatient about waiting to get paid, you reach out and they tell you how theyre getting shafted by customers and their getting outbid by their competitors so they need another price discount.

At what point in time do you stop giving a shit about their company's plight, stop making concessions, and assert that theyre to pay you on time, at the agreed price, or you aint doing business anymore?
Last edited by Thorondor; 04-20-2019 at 03:05 AM..
Old 04-20-2019, 03:25 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorondor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The sympathy ploy by the left regarding caravans on the whole. Generally speaking, the left is obsessed with the idea of relating to the experience of others, at least superficially.

Thus the concept of moral relativity, cultural relativity etc. At its root, its asking those on the "in" to put aside their subjectivity, in order to embrace outsiders' subjectivity, however, on the same note very little emphasis/heed is paid toward encouraging the same being returned in kind.

To put it into a more relatable context. Imagine youre doing business with another company. A conflict arises, for the sake of continuing the mutually beneficial relationship you make a concession, say you knock 5points off your margin.

Now, a couple months go by and the other company is behind 30 days on their payables, and youre starting to get impatient with them. They say, hey, look, we need you to extend our terms from 30 days to 60 days because our clients are slow to pay and we're in a pinch trying to pay you net 30, so for the sake of continuing the relationship you see their side and make the concession.

3 months later theyre behind on paying you another 30 days sitting with invoices aging net 90. Now, impatient about waiting to get paid, you reach out and they tell you how theyre getting shafted by customers and their getting outbid by their competitors so they need another price discount.

At what point in time do you stop giving a shit about their company's plight, stop making concessions, and assert that theyre to pay you on time, at the agreed price, or you aint doing business anymore?
how many times have you masturbated to a picture of ayn rand? be honest, please.
Old 04-20-2019, 03:52 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorondor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

To put it into a more relatable context. <word vomit>
Your idea is that because I asked you about your MS13 fixation, means I must have sympathy for MS13. Because I'm a liberal, you assume I have sympathy for/support migrant caravans, and by extension I support MS13 because you wrongly assume caravans = MS13? Is that correct?

On a scale of 4 to 20, how high are you right now?

Do you ever re-read your writing before posting, you know, just to make sure you don't look like a moron?
Old 04-20-2019, 04:23 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Your idea is that because I asked you about your MS13 fixation, means I must have sympathy for MS13. Because I'm a liberal, you assume I have sympathy for/support migrant caravans, and by extension I support MS13 because you wrongly assume caravans = MS13? Is that correct?

On a scale of 4 to 20, how high are you right now?

Do you ever re-read your writing before posting, you know, just to make sure you don't look like a moron?
Judging by your need to chime in on the subject taking an adversarial approach. Yes. Absolutely. Otherwise you would take the not my circus not my monkeys approach, rather than diving in butthole first to defend a tertiary point.

So yes, all of those assumptions are verified by your need to chime in IN defense.

Why you so angry, because im insulting your pet sympathy group? Bitch please. No sympathy, no relating to group of shitbags who literally require their intiates to murder someone to get in.

Lastly, it doesnt matter if its not YOUR position, its the general position of the party YOU support so who fucking cares about one guy that wants to stand outside of that saying thats not me, when your party, time and again sides with said policies (when it suits them politically to do so)
Last edited by Thorondor; 04-20-2019 at 04:35 AM..
Old 04-20-2019, 04:57 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Judging by your need to chime in on the subject taking an adversarial approach. Yes. Absolutely. Otherwise you would take the not my circus not my monkeys approach, rather than diving in butthole first to defend a tertiary point.

So yes, all of those assumptions are verified by your need to chime in IN defense.
Asking why you are fixated on MS-13 doesn not = defending MS-13

Quote:
Why you so angry, because im insulting your pet sympathy group? Bitch please. No sympathy, no relating to group of shitbags who literally require their intiates to murder someone to get in..
Again, not defending them in the slightest. I was commenting on it because of your perpetual victim complex.

Quote:
Lastly, it doesnt matter if its not YOUR position, its the general position of the party YOU support so who fucking cares about one guy that wants to stand outside of that saying thats not me, when your party, time and again sides with said policies (when it suits them politically to do so)
Sure it matters. That has nothing at all to do with the question I asked. You're like a walking, talking Red Herring.

Also, you use your dumb "diving in butthole first" comment far too often. Might give people the idea you're really interested in buttholes or something. May want to be careful about that.
Old 04-20-2019, 06:52 AM
Banned

Reality has a right wing bias
Old 04-20-2019, 07:14 AM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-20-2019, 07:15 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:

Well that might not result in a wise, amicable, or efficient bargain. Seeing the other company’s perspective is useful and they do seem to have a legitimately good reason to delay payment; however, as a negotiator, it’s important that they understand your company’s concern as well. The initial strategy you mention is playing softball and making concessions to perserve the relationship at the cost of efficiency, and the final one is playing hardball which is going to damage the relationship and isn’t likely to get the money any faster. After volunteering myself as a paid mediator for this negotiation, I would recommend brainstorming options besides the two positions: (1) can’t pay and (2) needs to be paid. Is it possible their company could provide a service of value in addition to or instead of direct payment? If a mutally beneficial agreement can be reached, both parties gain and the business relationship is maintained for future cooperation. It doesn’t have to be and honestly shouldn’t be win / lose until all other options are exhausted.
Last edited by Cecily; 04-20-2019 at 07:19 AM..
Old 04-20-2019, 10:12 AM
Planar Protector

I don’t understand why one law is OK to break. You can move anywhere illegally. It doesn’t matter about the burden on the schools, the roads, the healthcare system. Nothing matters. All that matters is that they “have a better life.” I’m not even certain that’s true.

I’m equivocal on the above, but what’s certain is El Salvador delenda est