Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2016, 08:42 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

up to 120 members! slowly but surely we keep growing
Old 07-08-2016, 12:55 PM
Planar Protector

Bump cause it's the right thing to do.

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 07-08-2016, 03:49 PM
Aviak

I created the Project LFG application awhile back. People were using it at one point and then it kinda fell off the radar. I have updates to the application that are in progress and I am working on the mobile application as well. For those that may have not seen it before or have forgotten about it check it out...

http://www.projectlfg.com

Bred N'Butter (60 Heyokah) .:. Mauii Wowii (60 Apostle) .:. Susapwn (55 Troubadour)
Old 07-08-2016, 04:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pita [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I created the Project LFG application awhile back. People were using it at one point and then it kinda fell off the radar. I have updates to the application that are in progress and I am working on the mobile application as well. For those that may have not seen it before or have forgotten about it check it out...

It felt kind of clunky that's why I stopped using it. Maybe it will bounce back.

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 07-08-2016, 04:33 PM
Kobold

Other then the "shits not classic(tm)" rationale, is there a reason we just can't have a server wide LFG channel directly on blue?

Classic EverQuest is a grouping MMO. There is no denying that. We should be doing all we can to promote grouping.

Personally, I am sick of having to log on to characters that have solo ability. Why? Because it's hard to find groups due to my schedule and due to the attitude of certain players who don't want to group or invite others because they are being power-leveled.

I came to P1999 to group -- not to solo. If I want to solo I would play on live.
Old 07-08-2016, 05:01 PM
Banned

Great discord channel. It's growing fast.
Old 07-08-2016, 09:45 PM
Sarnak

Agreed. Specially since most of the /who commands never work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brontus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Other then the "shits not classic(tm)" rationale, is there a reason we just can't have a server wide LFG channel directly on blue?

Classic EverQuest is a grouping MMO. There is no denying that. We should be doing all we can to promote grouping.

Personally, I am sick of having to log on to characters that have solo ability. Why? Because it's hard to find groups due to my schedule and due to the attitude of certain players who don't want to group or invite others because they are being power-leveled.

I came to P1999 to group -- not to solo. If I want to solo I would play on live.
Old 07-08-2016, 11:48 PM
Kobold

Question/Suggestion: Can we have LFM section? You know, for groups who are LFM.
Old 07-09-2016, 03:05 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pita [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Yeah someone brought this to my attention, it is really cool but I think a chat channel is more important. Maybe I have 2 characters I want to play, maybe a player wants to do a specific camp or make a plan to be online 2 hours from now. The discord client lets us be pretty flexible and creative when forming up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brontus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is really the goal of the discord server, to be this chat channel and let people organize outside of the client. Since you can access it via your browser, it is so easy for anyone to take advantage of this. Just make an account and bookmark: https://discordapp.com/channels/@me

Quote:
Originally Posted by QFuzzle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Question/Suggestion: Can we have LFM section? You know, for groups who are LFM.
Broadcast LFM in the lfg channels, that's what they're for. People already do this quite a bit.
Old 07-09-2016, 03:07 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Does anyone know why I'm unable to edit my OP? I'd really like to update some of the info and explain how easy it is to use the discord server in your web browser.

Also, up to 130 members!
Closed Thread