Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2009, 11:35 AM
Kobold

Just claw your way to level 20 then sit in Sol A for a week and you will be 50.
Old 11-12-2009, 11:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrawnseg [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's 20-35$ on Ebay. That's not a ridiculous amount.
Have you seen how many copies are offered? Very few - last i looked (before this post). Yes, one copy had a bid for $20, but I didn't see any others aside from one where hte bid was at $55. And when you're talking about dozens more people, or maybe more, a lot of them are going to be spending more than $50 to get a copy. Almost none of the copies will be new. And doing business on ebay is not always dependable. Anywhere else and you're spending $50+ and some of the copies are much more than that, and there're not very many. I hope the developers can see this as a serious matter and figure out a way to help remove the bugs from sof and to keep their codebase inline with the svn at eqemulator.net.

Example:
http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=eve..._from=R4&_ipg=

Two are listed there. Bids are at $20 and $38. Two, not 40. Don't treat this like nothing has changed since 2005. Titanium was released in 2005. I got it in 2007, but I failed to request the CD's (i didn't know back then that I'd want to try an eqemu server). Almost all of the retail copies on the popular sites are gone, except on amazon.com.
Last edited by stormlord; 11-12-2009 at 11:38 PM..
Old 11-12-2009, 11:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blink [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just claw your way to level 20 then sit in Sol A for a week and you will be 50.
You see this comment is just lame. I know that some people will want to do that, but if everyone ends up in sol a and i had to solo in other zones because I wanted a diverse gameplay experience then imho it's broke. If sol a means you shouldn't go elsewhere because it's less efficient than that's just as bad as adding all of the expansions to classic and expecting people to play in classic. If someone can't see that as broke, then they need to wake up. I know that they've already changed some things so that they're not classic, but they changed it to fix it (it was originally broke in classic). This seems to be a similar matter, but things like this are often subjective.

There were some bugs on live progression servers that allowed people to levle up super fast. There was ooc regen too i think. There were other things as well, and the consequences were that it devalued the classic content. This drove people away from it, and is probably one of hte reasons the developers added the next expansion so quickly (just one month). Some people didn't like that. Some people are calling for a time-locked progression server, and I think ti's a great idea. However, it's not perfect. That and if the content is devalued/mudflated too much, that'l ruin it too - which some people overlook.

I doubt you're correct. Levelling up to 50 in a week from level 20 did not happen in 1999 unless you exploited content. Unfortunately, many people did (i remember being shown an exploit in west karana). Some people duped. It really ruined the economy. For me it's all about playing fair and swallowing my pride. It's about exploring. It's about being honest, first. Greedy, second. Friendly, third. I'll never enjoy cheating like some people do, and to this day I don't understand how they have fun doing that. Keep in mind (suggestion) that this was when servers had thousands of players, not a few hundred like we have. That's the real problem that this server has.

I know i've drawn a line in the sand, but at some point we all do. Some people are going to like me for it, some people are not going to. That's life. We cannot hide behind the bushes indeffinitely. The truth gets out.
Last edited by stormlord; 11-13-2009 at 12:00 AM..
Closed Thread