Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

View Poll Results: Should there be Yellow Text?
Yes, full yellow text. 60 48.39%
No 30 24.19%
Yes, but with some modifications 9 7.26%
I would give it a trial 25 20.16%
Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 04:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cast v27.5 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Only post i read in this thread. Who in their right mind would read lazorfags wall of text. Anyway YT aint going in rogaine dont give 0 fucks
this guy knows his shit

in my opinion , yellow text is stupid , so is a pvp leaderboard it makes people grief full time just for shits and luls , either way , no one listening bros give up
Old 03-27-2012, 05:17 PM
Banned

Yellow Text is great. It does 100% make the server feel more alive. Gives people pvp to look forward to when you see massive guild battles across all zones. Giving away your location is a non issue in my opinion. I fully support Yellow Text AND Global OOC.
Old 03-27-2012, 05:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by herpaderp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this guy knows his shit

in my opinion , yellow text is stupid , so is a pvp leaderboard it makes people grief full time just for shits and luls , either way , no one listening bros give up
The griefing argument in my opinion is incredibly weak.

1) Have you people seen the pop on this server? It's terrible. Anyone you're "griefing" is in the rival guild, that doesn't seem to be "griefing" to me.

2) When you're talking about "griefing" are you referring to bind camping? Hate to break it to you folks, this already goes on all the time on this server, yellow text isn't going to change that. If you're dumb enough to die at your bind you're getting bind camped on this server by 99.9999% of the pop, regardless of YT or not. And again, YT actually alerts your friends and guildies that in fact you are being bind camped so they can come to your rescue should you be one of the many people on this server dumb enough to do so. Are you referencing killing people naked? Again, 99.99% of the pop on this server is going to kill you, most likely because it's holo vs. ff or vs. nihilum, all who KOS eachother.

3) I feel like a lot of people are throwing out the word "griefing" to refer to PKing someone. Getting PKed is not being griefed folks. Griefing is things like kill-stealing from newbies out of your range, bringing OOR healers with your twink to Unrest, training people; PKing them on the other hand while they're in range to you is not "griefing."

In short, this "griefing" people are talking about, which most likely refers to PKing people, already happens all the frickin time, as it should on a frickin PVP server.

There are no mass of unguilded "innocents" on this server being hunted down, again, the end game consists of three guilds and maybe 5% of the pop at 45+ isn't in one of those three guilds.

Edit: There's going to, hopefully, be some epic naggy PVP tonight, there will be ForumQuesting done by all sides involved to try to show who the "winner" of the PVP is. Yellow Text will let us all know who the true winners are.
Last edited by heartbrand; 03-27-2012 at 05:22 PM..
Old 03-27-2012, 05:22 PM
Planar Protector

If possible, can those who voted No please explain their reasoning? I saw herp and lazortag did, thanks.
Old 03-27-2012, 05:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smedy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
supporting YT for a better tommorrow
Eat shit lazorfag
Old 03-27-2012, 05:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Eat shit lazorfag
Old 03-27-2012, 07:06 PM
Banned

Rogean told you guys, no. Get over it. VZTZ is dead. It was a joke.
Old 03-27-2012, 07:16 PM
Kobold

I voted yes, with modifications. I really like yellow text - it makes the server feel more alive and it invites some more conversation with people at times. it makes the pvp kills feel a little more special since you get server wide recognition for taking someone out. right now I honestly give two shits when I kill someone, it doesn't feel special or as thrilling as seeing my name in a server wide message.

I do not like the advertising of which zone it occurred in. if someone wants to be anon, they should be allowed to stay anon. sure - you can guess which zones people are in at times, but killing someone should not alert the entire server where you are or what you're going to camp etc.
Old 03-27-2012, 07:34 PM
Planar Protector

He who shall not be quoted, great reasons presented in your argument, A++
Old 03-27-2012, 07:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smedy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ooc still more important but with ooc must come yellow text sirs

we need to penetrate the staff with at least one supporter of ooc and work from there.
smedy for gm. lets get our foot in the door with good ol smedy.