Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 08:11 PM
Orc

What helped me deal with some of my own issues as a young adult was to focus on the goals and dreams I had when I was a kid--as opposed to the social judgements and BS of high school and college.

A lot of personal self-loathing can be caused by pursuing goals that others have set, rather than what it is you truly want to do with your life.

If that fails, I highly recommend Celexa to treat the depression/anxiety combo. Additionally, consider getting your thyroid levels measured, especially if you have had any issues with appetite or weight. A malfunctioning thyroid can cause all sorts of behavioral difficulties even when life seems to be going well. Seeing a doctor in these types of situations never hurts, except on the balance sheet.
Old 08-25-2010, 08:17 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldo73 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What helped me deal with some of my own issues as a young adult was to focus on the goals and dreams I had when I was a kid--as opposed to the social judgements and BS of high school and college.
One day, just after road raging some - I thought Why the fuck am I letting some jerk-off make me miserable?

I still have some temper issues to deal with, but I don't blow up near as much as I used to, lol.

Everyone's got something to deal with..
Old 08-25-2010, 09:03 PM
Banned

Hmmm, just follow buddhism mate, simple.

When you angry you think to yourself, whats this gonna do for me, the answer is nothing except get you agitated.

When you worrying about stuff, you think to yourself, whats worrying gonna do for me, nothing, just gets you fustrated.

In the end its really up to the way you look at things, if you practice looking at things in a negative view then you always end up upset, so just need to find a way to look at it the other way.

And for those that gonna flame me for using religion in this, buddhism isnt really a religion, its more of a philosophy.
Old 08-25-2010, 09:13 PM
Sarnak

You're ONLY 24. You have a long life to live friend and a long time to make it your own, to balance it in a way to make you happy and not violent. You have lots of time to try to understand girls and why you get nervous/shakey hands around them. Everybody has their self issues, but you have to believe that if somebody wants your nuts, she wants your nuts.

Plus I love your paint jpgs. =D Have you ever considered getting a punching bag or taking up boxing?
Old 08-25-2010, 09:21 PM
Aviak

Default hmm

I have had your almost exact same problem in life I too was/am a rager at almost anything.I in the past year have turned to private prayer just thanking god for the patience to not get angry over the little things that used to set me off like a maniac. I make it a point to thank god everyday for the little things I over come by just biting my tounge or keeping quite or putting on a smile when inside i want to kill. It may not work for you but it sure has helped me.
Old 08-25-2010, 09:31 PM
Banned

Boo fucking hoo.

"God" Doesnt help.

Quit whining.
Old 08-25-2010, 10:02 PM
Sarnak

<----- Read It
Old 08-26-2010, 12:39 AM
Banned

I get through my depression by _____________

Fill in the blanks y'all
Old 08-26-2010, 01:26 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abacab *****h [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I get through my depression by _____________

Fill in the blanks y'all
...watching Benny Hill reruns.
Old 08-26-2010, 03:14 AM
Banned

I lost 22 pounds in 2 months after quitting p99.

Stop being a pussy and take some action.
Closed Thread