Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2016, 08:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by warioman91 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How does p99 choose how it rolls out content? I'm new here as well, from what I've heard it has put in patches and stuff in the same order as they were on live.

BUT, since it is called project 99 and I saw that kunark and vellious came out like in 2000, does this project have plans to keep going? Is there a certain point where the spirit of classic everquest dies? I'm just wondering. Like is this going to keep advancing with more updates of expansion content?
It stops at Velious, but they may add some custom content. Also don't mind the Luclin haters, there's plenty here.
Old 05-05-2016, 08:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It stops at Velious, but they may add some custom content. Also don't mind the Luclin haters, there's plenty here.
See Swish doesn't believe, as I believe that Luclin is possible on this server.

That being said, this server was intended to end at Velious as a museum of classic EQ. I have to admit, after Velious something changed with the game. But a lot of that it turns out was the god damn player base changing and there's no going back. So I say, along with the majority, end this server at PoP. Maybe add in a Classic only server with a classic timeline as well.

But the devs never signed up for that shit. They would have to be convinced somehow.
Old 05-05-2016, 08:08 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by warioman91 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How does p99 choose how it rolls out content? I'm new here as well, from what I've heard it has put in patches and stuff in the same order as they were on live.

BUT, since it is called project 99 and I saw that kunark and vellious came out like in 2000, does this project have plans to keep going? Is there a certain point where the spirit of classic everquest dies? I'm just wondering. Like is this going to keep advancing with more updates of expansion content?
At the beginning of the project they decided that after Velious the original content started becoming completely deprecated and they would stop at Velious.
Old 05-05-2016, 08:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurisDictum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
See Swish doesn't believe, as I believe that Luclin is possible on this server.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-06-2016, 09:07 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by trite [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
At the beginning of the project they decided that after Velious the original content started becoming completely deprecated and they would stop at Velious.
I dunno about other servers but on rz during luclin the top guilds abandoned tov letting more casual people move in. Which wasn't possible on velious outside of stuff like trak or gore once in a blue moon. Something this server could really use imo.

AA's also gave casuals something else to strive for on their characters.

Pop was a more fun luclin with actual targets lower end guilds could do in pop like grummus, the pov dragon, bot minis. Maybe even snag a couple , cazics daughter , mm, karana, while working up to rz to get into sol ro / eplanes. All the while doing luclin mobs and farming the group gear in xp parties.

I wish tak project had a bigger pop then red. Even if it had like 500 during prime time I would be more willing to play there more. I think 2 boxing is what turns most people off but I've been able to get groups easily w/o it and I only play there during off peak hours.
Last edited by snergle; 05-06-2016 at 09:11 PM..
Old 05-07-2016, 02:18 AM
Planar Protector

It seems to me like Tak jazzed through classic (no expansions) while no one was even playing the server, which is a shame cos no expansions is the most classic, ergo best, era.
Old 05-07-2016, 08:36 AM
Planar Protector

Wat?! Thanks for post this Mr. OP.

You have good gear? Me want good gear! You have good raid? Me want good raid too!

Please PM me if you like eat pie with me.
Closed Thread