Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2010, 10:31 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cribanox [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You had to invs or break charm before your pet started running. If you break charm after your pet begins to run, you won't recieve any EXP. If you were able to break charm before your pet started running, you would finish it off with DDs and DoTs, and then repeat with the next monster.
This is incorrect (at least in Luclin / PoP era, I never swarm kited before then).

I used to break mobs at 1% and 0% regularly with my Goblin Gazughi Ring and receive full XP.
Old 10-08-2010, 05:08 PM
Fire Giant

Here's a bit of advice also.....every bard should get themselves a pair of jboots. Not having to cast selos while kiting is so so nice! And Jboots seem to give me the perfect speed I need for kiting.
Old 10-09-2010, 10:27 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkanjil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Here's a bit of advice also.....every bard should get themselves a pair of jboots. Not having to cast selos while kiting is so so nice! And Jboots seem to give me the perfect speed I need for kiting.
Actually just use selo's without a drum if it's too fast, or weigh yourself down, or etc. I'm so used to using selo's that I'd never be able to just use jboots!
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 10-09-2010, 05:00 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazortag [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Actually just use selo's without a drum if it's too fast, or weigh yourself down, or etc. I'm so used to using selo's that I'd never be able to just use jboots!
Yeah definitely a good idea! The nice thing about having jboots though is you can twist an additional dps song in place of selos. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-09-2010, 09:58 PM
Large Rat

yeah id definately play a bard for kunark if these kiting methods were fixed. kunark zones were built for this
Old 07-13-2010, 10:59 AM
Planar Protector

I swap them manually. It's not hard once you do it often. If there's a command to automatically switch them, I'd like to know also.

(the trick is probably to put your primary, secondary, and instrument bag slots on your hotbar so that you can switch instruments without having to open up your inventory)
Old 08-06-2010, 08:00 PM
Planar Protector

So, I tried this method today despite being perfectly content with my Bard already, and it's great - it's not that hard to figure out and once it comes naturally to you it almost feels like cheating. I find centaurs and gnolls (in front of Paw) in SK are the easiest. Some people may have seen me aoe kiting the gnolls today - I was able to do five at a time without getting hit (with about 3 blues and 2 light blues).

I'm sad I didn't do this at an earlier level, as I'm level 38 now and kiting the gnolls just isn't that good for exp. I'd like to know if there are any better kiting spots for my level.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 07-09-2010, 11:39 PM
Sarnak

leave it the same. I'm enjoying my charming.
Old 07-13-2010, 02:29 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

When you say you switch your instrument, do you physically have to click and swap them in your inventory or is there a command that you can use to swap them with a hot button?
Old 07-13-2010, 11:59 AM
Kobold

I'm confused about instrument swapping for the dots - it seems at least for the regen song, if you swap out your lute, the next tick of the regen song won't have the instrument bonus. Does it not work this way for the dots? Apart from getting that initial higher damage, it doesn't seem like swapping out instruments is going to help that much, but again I may just not be fully understanding. (only lvl 8 bard atm)
Closed Thread