Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-02-2014, 07:30 PM
Orc

this reads like a sirilous post
Old 12-02-2014, 07:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's a good point but I'd rather just start an alt instead. Different strokes for different folks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Darn tootin'
Old 12-02-2014, 08:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeallunRumblebelly [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i love that game [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-02-2014, 08:05 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeallunRumblebelly [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
sorry to scream-kite that fucking fight for 10 minutes
Old 12-02-2014, 08:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinnasP99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i love that game [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-02-2014, 08:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunababy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
sorry to scream-kite that fucking fight for 10 minutes
You could 1 move him with an equip sword ninja (during the first phase). Then the second phase you can disengage far enough so the adds can't really assist. As long as you survive that first cyclops?(whatever summon velius casts) their fate is sealed. Could also just calculate holy on the back step mobs. Pretty sure they're on 5 (prime or 5) ground but it's been a while. Hell, as long as you get past the first phase, anything in the second phase works. It just usually helps to delay movement until your 2nd turn in the 2nd phase because even with move +3 (unless you're going with a BALLSY teleport) you can't reach even a 2 slot melee range from them. At this part of the game you've recently gotten the fur shops and if you've bred your own minotaurs, getting holy lances for a set of disposable lancers to rush through the game ain't shit. 2 hand lancers + hamedo? A bit excessive prep, truly, but they become unkillable gods who will rarely if ever be countered.
Old 12-02-2014, 08:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tann [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Couldn't disagree more~

AAs added a reason to play ones main outside of raiding and farming. Folks like myself love seeing the xp bars filling up, if I ever get a lv60 on this server I might delevel it a bit so I can keep the flow.. and the spice must flow.
I agree also with you. And I think AA's helped out Hybrids the most be a little to a lot more balanced than they were without them. Plus was something to brag about having a lot of them, and something else to do. I think they are missing a good chance down the road not having them on here. This server is going to get boring as hell in another 2 or 3 years even with Velious out. You can only kill Giants and Dragons being level 60 so long before it gets to be old crap.

And I don't think there is a young pool of kids to draw from like there was in the start of EQ. So it will wither away at some point in time.
Old 12-02-2014, 08:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by webrunner5 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree also with you. And I think AA's helped out Hybrids the most be a little to a lot more balanced than they were without them. Plus was something to brag about having a lot of them, and something else to do. I think they are missing a good chance down the road not having them on here. This server is going to get boring as hell in another 2 or 3 years even with Velious out. You can only kill Giants and Dragons being level 60 so long before it gets to be old crap.
PoP balanced hybrids truthfully. Picking up adds that could 1 round your dps / cleric became kind of a thing again -- even some trash clears in water/air especially. Lots of great runic procs which helped with mitigation and aoe threat. Still not major raid roles but at least they could do something. Shit in Luclin had so much HP you'd just corner the mob and afk as a warrior. Especially on shit like say, Cursed, where AOE was so bad you barely sent the melee in unless you had an enormous numbers engage.

edit: Hybrids is also kind of a broad term. Mostly referring to pal/sk. Bard isn't a fucking hybrid -- it's unique. And beastlords were just around for spiritual radiance / purity until GoD? I think it was that gave them some good melee dps with the help of AAs.

2nd edit: It'll be interesting to see if as gear advances we don't move towards SKs on some trash mobs to save clicky threat. Usually 1 charge off a net is enough to keep it off healers and all dps but wizards as long as they give the warrior just a moment. Flurry drakes are requiring defensive pretty consistently right now, so don't think pal/sk will be a super good choice there.
Last edited by HeallunRumblebelly; 12-02-2014 at 08:30 PM..
Old 12-02-2014, 08:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunababy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This statement is very applicable to WoW, but not necessarily classic EQ. Not everybody is guaranteed a level 60, and getting raid gear/epic isn't easy, and then there's always an alt out of the many, many classes available.
Getting best in slot raid gear isn't/wasn't easy but I used to host pick up raids every weekend in Halls of Testing throughout the second half of velious, so it wasn't/isn't exactly hard to get raid gear in velious like it is/was in kunark.
Closed Thread