Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2018, 08:46 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I looked at his signature after he got his final BiS item with the total tracking hours he wracked up. Over a year it averaged out to I think 6 hours per day every day for 365 days. That's more than a full time job and it was all spent staring at walls not even playing the game.

Top tier P99ing is only for a very select group of neckbeards.
That is terrifying
Old 05-18-2018, 08:51 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I looked at his signature after he got his final BiS item with the total tracking hours he wracked up. Over a year it averaged out to I think 6 hours per day every day for 365 days. That's more than a full time job and it was all spent staring at walls not even playing the game.

Would be interesting if you had like 6 friends that loved EQ but had staggered work hours, and rather than focusing on individual characters each, you pooled resources and shared an account for a single character to achieve the utmost in greatness.

You could essentially play the character around the clock and get full DKP + Exp Time + Farm camps.

I choose to believe this, impossible for a single person to be so immersed. The layers of dead, unwashed skin would make him more beast than man.
Old 05-18-2018, 09:18 AM
Kobold

Pretty sure he did most of the off-hours tracking with repeat macros and gina audio triggers, but can't deny the fact that he still played insane amounts.
Old 05-18-2018, 09:35 AM
Banned

Quote:

mother of god
Old 05-18-2018, 09:38 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by raato [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pretty sure he did most of the off-hours tracking with repeat macros and gina audio triggers, but can't deny the fact that he still played insane amounts.
Good players use all the legal tools at their disposal. But he still had to be there, even if his eyes were on Netflix a majority of the time.
Old 05-18-2018, 10:11 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raavak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Good players use all the legal tools at their disposal. But he still had to be there, even if his eyes were on Netflix a majority of the time.
Dunno how legal it is to macro repeated button presses on infinite loop with keyboard software. Afaik it isn't. You can even be sleeping while tracking with loud enough audio triggers.
Old 05-18-2018, 10:13 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rygar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Would be interesting if you had like 6 friends that loved EQ but had staggered work hours, and rather than focusing on individual characters each, you pooled resources and shared an account for a single character to achieve the utmost in greatness.

You could essentially play the character around the clock and get full DKP + Exp Time + Farm camps.

I choose to believe this, impossible for a single person to be so immersed. The layers of dead, unwashed skin would make him more beast than man.
My RL friend did this on live. We were in HS and his older brother was not and worked at night so the character was on basically all the time.

He ended up selling that BiS rogue for 3k on ebay in 2004/5 after we graduated.
Old 05-18-2018, 10:18 AM
Banned

Quote:

Once you get afflicted with the Pixel Pox you convince yourself it's worth sitting around for 16 hours waiting for King Tormax to spawn for a chance at those sweet sweet pixels. But there are better ways. I hope P99 realizes this and goes full rotation in 2018. This could be the year you destroy the batphone everyone.
One can dream right?
Old 05-18-2018, 11:26 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by farladar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He literally slept on his couch infront of his computer for a year straight so he could maintain 100% RA
Why not just get a lap top and play in bed.... Or move your computer into your room... and sleep in bed....
Old 05-18-2018, 11:34 AM
Kobold

Quote:
The guy had the most valuable attributes in EQ. Lots of free time and willingness to research on your own.

His BiS gear a testament to the former and the way he set up his UI and GINA are a testament to the later. I wouldn't say he was just some wall starer, he was good at EQ but P99 can turn some of those good at EQ players into pixel zombies.

Once you get afflicted with the Pixel Pox you convince yourself it's worth sitting around for 16 hours waiting for King Tormax to spawn for a chance at those sweet sweet pixels. But there are better ways. I hope P99 realizes this and goes full rotation in 2018. This could be the year you destroy the batphone everyone.

I dont think this server will ever go full rotation. Even being on the outside looking in, a contested kill is much more thrilling than logging in to collect loot. These encounters aren't that hard or only require a few people to really do the hard work, the rest is numbers. So competing against other guilds or pulling out a surprise win against AM is fun imo.
Closed Thread