Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2021, 02:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrddraal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Drooling over PoP gear? Here's some of the new COV gear. https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/...ml?item=138912
Lmao, dumb. That single piece of gear has more hp/ac than a buffed PoP era raid tank.
Old 07-10-2021, 04:35 AM
Sarnak

Nah, staff should take a pick in draft. In fact, they should be given first pick every draft event.
Old 07-10-2021, 05:49 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisamori [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nah, staff should take a pick in draft. In fact, they should be given first pick every draft event.
CSR should do all the picks and delegate targets.
Ielwenu - 56 magician
Deeloofie - 49 monk
Old 07-10-2021, 06:13 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Most EQ players were not raiders, I never saw VP or ToV or most of the Kunark dragons in era. Was legitimately cool to see/kill on P99.
I still hope to see some of these places one day. I was the same, kind of looking on from the outside in awe back in the day.

I finally reached my first 50+ character about a week ago and finally experiencing some of those epic fights and places of legend seems like it could be within sight, if not for the cutthroat competition of the server. I speak of Green of course but based on what I have read it's much the same on Blue. At this rate I'm not really sure there's any hope there.

I think some sort of system to open it up a bit more to average joes not in these giant harsh zerg guilds, and make everything less stressful all around would be pretty cool honestly. Instancing, a rotation, anything. But apparently that makes me a dirty commie or something. It's still a dream to one day see Innoruuk in person before I die.

Oh well, I'll shut up and go back to farming leather padding or something, lol.
Old 07-10-2021, 02:36 PM
Aviak

Perhaps instead of sitting on the sidelines and hoping you may one day see something cuz someone let you. Why don't you insert yourself into the game and go after the goals you have. Asking for help is fine. People can say yes or no. However I wouldn't expect people to roll over just to let you "experience" content. Most of them worked their asses off to get to the point in the game they are at. Wanting instancing is like playing single player games, and if that's your thing go for it. there are plenty of instanced emulators/servers/games out there. The same can be said about life outside of games. Don't expect a handout. if you get one what's the catch? Best to go do your best and then you can hold your head up and say you tried and kept trying and didn't give up. Who knows you might just succeed, and that's where true self worth comes from. Accomplishing things you set your mind to and persevered through.

Klazdaxthun
Old 07-10-2021, 05:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrddraal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
CSR should do all the picks and delegate targets.
Weekly.
Old 07-10-2021, 10:12 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxcthius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Perhaps instead of sitting on the sidelines and hoping you may one day see something cuz someone let you. Why don't you insert yourself into the game and go after the goals you have. Asking for help is fine. People can say yes or no. However I wouldn't expect people to roll over just to let you "experience" content. Most of them worked their asses off to get to the point in the game they are at. Wanting instancing is like playing single player games, and if that's your thing go for it. there are plenty of instanced emulators/servers/games out there. The same can be said about life outside of games. Don't expect a handout. if you get one what's the catch? Best to go do your best and then you can hold your head up and say you tried and kept trying and didn't give up. Who knows you might just succeed, and that's where true self worth comes from. Accomplishing things you set your mind to and persevered through.

Klazdaxthun
The cutthroat competition that we have on p99 did not exist on live servers. It's 100% a construct of this server alone and in no way represents classic everquest. Most servers had a single dominant guild and/or a CSR enforced rotation on most content. Raid mobs would often sit up for long periods of time. Hope this helps.
Old 07-11-2021, 08:30 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The cutthroat competition that we have on p99 did not exist on live servers. It's 100% a construct of this server alone and in no way represents classic everquest. Most servers had a single dominant guild and/or a CSR enforced rotation on most content. Raid mobs would often sit up for long periods of time. Hope this helps.
Incorrect. Some servers were maybe this way but majority were not.

That didnt help but I hope this helps
Old 07-11-2021, 09:56 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can't speak for all servers, of course, but I believe this was the situation on The Rathe. Blood of the Spider was far and away the dominant guild, and I believe it was Frayed Knot and a zerg guild (who's name I don't remember) were second tier. We definitely had rotations for stuff.

That said, I wasn't very tuned in to the raid scene so I'm not 100% certain.
Old 07-11-2021, 10:28 AM
Banned

Everyone knows who would win in a contest between the botb from project1999 versus the botb from the year 1999, or rather the worst of the worst. The same underlying ambition would have been there back then, but stymied by technology and playtime. Name the guilds that were running around with an arsenal of soulfires at the ready or the guilds that were hooping down bosses in Plane of Sky.

This server's raid community has had the benefit of time to perfect tactics to a t, with an unfair advantage against NPCs designed decades ago, to the extent where it has been viewed as exploitive and fixed. Having had these classic advantages taken away meant having to search for new ones to gain any advantage over the competition, from TMO and on, and probably long before then too.

There is no comparing our learned behaviors to those of the distant past. We have unlimited character slots to make alt armies. We have OBS to show new guild members all of the how tos. We have laptops with WiFi, so we can play from anywhere. The one thing we don't have? A long list of servers or players to populate them, so that if we can't get along, we aren't stuck with each other. Green server helped.
Closed Thread