Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 06-16-2023, 12:19 PM
Planar Protector

This quite literally what the OP asked:

Quote:
Originally Posted by trees [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Looking for some input

Is Iksar SK worse for end-game solo crawling than other races?
Do the armor clickies account for serious mana saving etc?
So until we know what they mean by end-game solo crawling it’s just a mystery. My point of the “end game solo” part is nobody is relying on free snare clicks for a 20 minute repop you are medding and waiting for unless crap goes very sideways.

Crawling droga or making your way up to King Tranix? Sure BE legs are great. FD and Death Peace don’t share a CD, one is 60mana and one is 120. Is free better on a 3 sec cast? Depends I guess. I suspect folks like Keerarae didn’t reverse engineer the best race at the creation screen, they pick one they like and got insane gear and skills then ventured out.
Last edited by Snaggles; 06-16-2023 at 12:23 PM..
Old 06-16-2023, 01:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This quite literally what the OP asked:

So until we know what they mean by end-game solo crawling it’s just a mystery. My point of the “end game solo” part is nobody is relying on free snare clicks for a 20 minute repop you are medding and waiting for unless crap goes very sideways.

Crawling droga or making your way up to King Tranix? Sure BE legs are great. FD and Death Peace don’t share a CD, one is 60mana and one is 120. Is free better on a 3 sec cast? Depends I guess. I suspect folks like Keerarae didn’t reverse engineer the best race at the creation screen, they pick one they like and got insane gear and skills then ventured out.
Dungeon crawling requires you to FD multiple times to get down to a specific mob, so BE greaves are always going to be useful. While I agree OP's question is ambiguous, I am not going to assume he doesn't know what a crawl is.

If your crawling in Sebilis, for example, BE greaves will be great when you have to get around a spawn of 2-3 casters. Is it required? No, but reducing your chance of dying while crawling is never a bad thing when you can get nuked for 1k. Dying and having to restart your crawl is a pain. Again, in the hypothetical situation of an extremely well geared SK killing named mobs deep in a dungeon, Greenmist is completely obsolete by the time you have Epic + Primal + Soul Defiler + Willsapper.

Stacking Greenmist and Epic procs is not worth the DPS loss when swapping between the weapons. You are only getting a decent boost in HP gain if you happen to proc Greenmist + Epic within 6 seconds of each other. That can happen, but it's not a common enough scenario to rely on it. Average proc rate is 2 per minute at 255 DEX, so 2 Epic procs spaced 30 seconds apart is giving you 500 HP, vs. 490 with one proc of each weapon. You could get higher HP gain in a minute if you can proc Epic twice and Greenmist once, but that is pure luck, and if you only proc once in the next minute, it evens out. Greenmist would be better if 255 dex equated to 3 or 4 procs on average per minute.

Now you may not need BE greaves for fighting a Cliff Golem, since you don't need to split or crawl, but that is outside of OP's question since you are not crawling to Cliff Golems. I don't think many people are making SK's to simply camp static spawns in an open area.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 06-16-2023 at 01:46 PM..
Old 06-16-2023, 02:48 PM
Planar Protector

DSM about to go another 80 pages, the answer is pick what you want, it doesn’t matter in the end when every guild gets loot off draft.
Old 06-16-2023, 03:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
DSM about to go another 80 pages, the answer is pick what you want, it doesn’t matter in the end when every guild gets loot off draft.
Guess we might as well shut down the forum since the answer to everything is "just do what you want"[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] People ask questions because there is an answer besides "just do what you want".
Old 06-16-2023, 03:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Guess we might as well shut down the forum since the answer to everything is "just do what you want"[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] People ask questions because there is an answer besides "just do what you want".
Exactly, sorry you don’t got choices
Old 06-16-2023, 04:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Exactly, sorry you don’t got choices
When you know what options you have, you got choices. When you don't know anything, you don't have a choice because you are just rolling a dice in terms of what you pick.
Old 06-16-2023, 04:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When you know what options you have, you got choices. When you don't know anything, you don't have a choice because you are just rolling a dice in terms of what you pick.
It doesn’t matter what the dice hit, everyone gets free draft loot. You should know that’s all y’all get. Hope that helps.
Old 06-16-2023, 08:45 PM
Planar Protector

Has someone (the moderators) considered using chatgpt to parse posts for repeated content, minimize it and flag it as superfluous. With option to expand the content.
Just a thought.
Old 06-16-2023, 10:56 PM
Decaying Skeleton

As OP ill be wading back in to the fray - I very much appreciate the debates and back and forth for knowledge sponging - I come from a super min-max type of background in other games, Havent made it late game in p99 yet but its my next step, that being said, now that im older, my play time and poop sock potential is reduced. So I am looking to understand the potential impacts before I invest time.
Is it so groundbreaking without hyper raid gear that I would regret say going for greenmist as a more casual step, etc. - does it come down to the clear-cut choice to stay with a race that can BE because the majority of my time will be spent solo, doing as much content as I possibly can etc.
Old 06-17-2023, 10:01 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by trees [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As OP ill be wading back in to the fray - I very much appreciate the debates and back and forth for knowledge sponging - I come from a super min-max type of background in other games, Havent made it late game in p99 yet but its my next step, that being said, now that im older, my play time and poop sock potential is reduced. So I am looking to understand the potential impacts before I invest time.
Is it so groundbreaking without hyper raid gear that I would regret say going for greenmist as a more casual step, etc. - does it come down to the clear-cut choice to stay with a race that can BE because the majority of my time will be spent solo, doing as much content as I possibly can etc.
Luckily no race is unplayable in P99. You won't be screwed if you pick Iksar. You are just going to have noticeably more downtime 45+ when soloing, and probably a few more FD fail related deaths.

If you want to min/max because you like doing so, I would avoid picking Iksar. Go Troll if you prefer to solo, go Ogre if you group most of the time.