Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2010, 02:16 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crone [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it's not worth being a douche
This ^^.

I value my reputation as a friendly player far too much to ever want to be perceived as a jerk.
Old 11-11-2010, 02:20 PM
Fire Giant

Unrest is an overcamped shithole. Come to guk, that's where the cool kids hang out.

"Life's short and hard like a body building elf."
Old 11-11-2010, 02:34 PM
Sarnak

guk use to be the main-zone to train at when i leveld up, sol a was highly camped too....

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] i miss king room camps and feeling like I was apart of the only group in the zone that could do it...being able to say "yeah im camping king....what of it?" was a great feeling [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-11-2010, 02:50 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extunarian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I really think this person would have allowed you to have a section of the yard to yourself if you had asked politely. My experiences with PL'ers has been almost 100% positive when I approach them and ask if I can grab a few spawns here and there. In most cases they oblige, or just move. And in a couple cases they simply invited me to join the group and get PLed with them (thanks Sapentia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] )

That said, if you run into a rare group of PL'ers who disregard your polite requests, I'd say feel free to start peeling them off or petition.
*** Playing a little Devil's advocate ***

What does an area of the yard entitle them to exactly?

From my experience areas like this are FCFS. If player A pulls the mob it is his and if player B pulls the mob it is his. You can sit in any corner you want and pull whatever unengaged mob you see up but don't go stealing mobs that I pulled. If my mana is good and I want to pull a mob I see up I am going to pull it. I am not going to leave it for you if you are not currently ready to engage the mob.

In situations like this one of these two "groups" are going to have to leave or deal with crappy experience of fighting over limited spawns. Unless of course the PLer wishes to join forces.

IMO, FCFS is the best way to handle it. Don't pull other peoples mobs but if the mob is sitting there unengaged it is FCFS. If you aren't happy with the amount of mobs your group is currently able to pull then move to a different camp.

I respect name mobs in a camp if the camp is called but I kill trash if I see it.

Yitro - 45 Wizard
Old 11-11-2010, 03:51 PM
Aviak

You're supposed to train them, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women.
Old 11-11-2010, 04:03 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarcath [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're supposed to train them, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women.
I like me some good Conan quotes!
Old 11-11-2010, 04:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
*** Playing a little Devil's advocate ***
You are describing more of a scenario where there are two groups - of appropriate levels for the content - pulling the same FFA content. I agree with everything you said in that case.

This thread is talking about when a low player is being aided by one or more high level players, and with that aid the lowbie is able to hold down a far greater number of mobs than they could alone. It isn't fair in that case to say "well my level 50 druid has the mana for more pulls, so I'm not going to let that group of level 10's have anything."

In that case the power levelers should try to let regular XP groups have a chance at some mobs, and in my experience they usually are OK to share. If they don't want to share and insist on trying to own the whole zone, then as Uthgaard posted they are going to face consequences from the server staff.
Old 11-11-2010, 05:11 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This. It's up to you to attempt to resolve it first. This simple concept eludes many people, but it's the #1 reason camp disputes piss me off. Petition only after an attempt to reach some reasonable resolution on your own has failed.

That said, camps are not defined by all a party can keep dead. Monopolizing an entire zone is not kosher. If a person insists on acting like the only person in the zone, I'll put them in a different one so they are. If that person comes back or continues to be a pain in my ass somewhere else, the only thing they wind up camping is server select. The xp isn't very good there.

Now THAT is what you want to hear from the people running the server.
Old 11-11-2010, 11:15 PM
Kobold

I feel your pain, I detest PLers that go into well-populated areas. If I were going to PL somebody in that level range, I'd go somewhere like Permafrost or Runnyeye. Especially since the high lvl was a druid there's no excuse to me since it makes it that much easier to get around.

At the same time, I don't get how you can't get some mobs in that situation. Were there other ppl camping different sides of the house or what? The druid can only be in one place at a time, and disease cloud has a pretty quick cast. Were you checking on the mobs in the maze n stuff too? Those are decent to hunt through for solo / duo to get some kills when mobs are tough to find.

I know it can be frustrating to run around and not see a thing up while the guy has 6 mobs on him, but at the same time, if the druid runs around and can't find anything while he sees you and another group killing your own mobs, and sees this often enough, he might reconsider PLing there. Don't give up, fight the PL jerks!
Old 11-13-2010, 12:06 AM
Aviak

If you ask PL-er's for your own share, they'll typically give it to you, either by leaving some mobs alone or even helping out your own group.

Part of it is people just being polite. There are plenty of those types on this server.

The other, larger part of it is that they're scared they're going to get in trouble. Pulling Unrest like in the OP's description may as well be painting a target on your back for a "monopolizing content" petition.

It's the prisoner's game. Everyone plays nice, everyone profits in the long run. Someone decides to be a greedy fuck, everyone suffers in the long run.
Closed Thread