Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

View Poll Results: Which would you prefer?
Serverwide PvP Messages(including players, their locations) 105 66.46%
Zonewide PvP Messages(including players) 17 10.76%
No PvP Messages 34 21.52%
Other(explain in thread) 2 1.27%
Voters: 158. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 02:08 PM
Sarnak

Announcing bigger "battles" is much better IMO..this produces more chances at making zone fights even bigger. The biggest memories I have are in the Karanas where we had 100 people sometimes fighting each other, darkies on one side, lighties on the other.... all started by some argument over the treant camp lol

Went on for many hours!
Old 08-25-2011, 02:23 PM
Large Bat

Yes, please spam me with shit I don't care about.
Old 08-25-2011, 02:25 PM
Sarnak

Not like it matters, it's not happening.
Old 08-25-2011, 02:26 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roag the Gentleman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, please spam me with shit I don't care about.
Wait a minute, you mean to tell me you don't keep a pad and pencil next to your keyboard to make notes about the obviously awesome guy who just got some yellow text?
Old 08-25-2011, 02:50 PM
Aviak

I don't like the idea of yellow announcements when someone dies at all, it cheapens the world.
Imagine walking through a dark forest, all is quiet. You see a lump on the path ahead and cautiously move forward to investigate - Oh god it's a CORPSE!
You check the timer and find that the unlucky adventurer died 4 minutes ago. You do a quick /who - there are 5 people in zone. Is one of them the killer? Or did a wild animal get him? Suddenly your hair stands on end - Did you hear footsteps? You turn to head back to the zoneline anOHGODHESBEHINDYOU

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT

Maybe I'm just a weirdo
Old 08-25-2011, 02:54 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guybrush [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't like the idea of yellow announcements when someone dies at all, it cheapens the world.
Imagine walking through a dark forest, all is quiet. You see a lump on the path ahead and cautiously move forward to investigate - Oh god it's a CORPSE!
You check the timer and find that the unlucky adventurer died 4 minutes ago. You do a quick /who - there are 5 people in zone. Is one of them the killer? Or did a wild animal get him? Suddenly your hair stands on end - Did you hear footsteps? You turn to head back to the zoneline anOHGODHESBEHINDYOU

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT

Maybe I'm just a weirdo
makes 2 of us although I like yellow text idea of announcing bigger battles happening. Anything to inform us of something bigger brewing that we can be a part of.
Old 08-25-2011, 02:57 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusk883 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
makes 2 of us although I like yellow text idea of announcing bigger battles happening. Anything to inform us of something bigger brewing that we can be a part of.
How about if two guilds /guildwar eachother, yellow text can be enabled.
Old 08-25-2011, 03:03 PM
Banned

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...67&postcount=8

I voted for zonewide, however. It makes the most sense.
Old 08-25-2011, 03:03 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by juicedsixfo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How about if two guilds /guildwar eachother, yellow text can be enabled.
another great idea
Old 08-25-2011, 03:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guybrush [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT

Maybe I'm just a weirdo
Imagine if you stopped roleplaying and a giant ogre in multicolored armor with a skeleton pal harm touched ur fucking face and a yellow text broadcast from the Sleeper (or some other lore bullshit) announced your untimely demise
Closed Thread