Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2012, 12:19 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autotune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You = Actual history
HBB = Tarantino's movie's alternate reality history.

please tell me how your stupid fucking comment relates.
I'll try to use smaller sentences so you can understand my point.

I'm using actual history as a parallel to explain how this person's ideas about the logic behind Tarantino's world makes no sense. He thinks we would become a society obsessed with movies because Hitler died in a theater. If this was a likely outcome, we'd all be experts on 19th century plays, since Lincoln died in a theater. My other point is that he also thinks that the hyperviolent end to Hitler would lead to a hyperviolent culture. However, the actual end to WW2 was violence several orders of magnitude greater than a movie theater full of people dying. So this logic would imply that we would be much more violent today than we actually are.

I realize that abstraction and analogy are concepts that the human brain doesn't learn to understand until late childhood, so if this still isn't making any sense, give it a few years.
Old 08-17-2012, 12:40 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orruar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'll try to use smaller sentences so you can understand my point.

I'm using actual history as a parallel to explain how this person's ideas about the logic behind Tarantino's world makes no sense. He thinks we would become a society obsessed with movies because Hitler died in a theater. If this was a likely outcome, we'd all be experts on 19th century plays, since Lincoln died in a theater. My other point is that he also thinks that the hyperviolent end to Hitler would lead to a hyperviolent culture. However, the actual end to WW2 was violence several orders of magnitude greater than a movie theater full of people dying. So this logic would imply that we would be much more violent today than we actually are.

I realize that abstraction and analogy are concepts that the human brain doesn't learn to understand until late childhood, so if this still isn't making any sense, give it a few years.
Exactly what I thought.

You're trying to take our history and how people reacted and disprove this person's theory on why a fictional universe has people react in odd ways compared to real people.

You can't, you fucking idiot.

Our people are not the same as the people in Tarantino's movie universe make-believe land. You can't take a standard from one and apply it to another and try to disprove anything. It's 2 different ingredients.

You have no fucking point.

"herpdaderp, if ur theory on why those make believe people are they way they are was true, us real peoples would know some stuffs bout bunkers and plays.... DADURP!"
Old 08-17-2012, 01:29 AM
Planar Protector

If he was only talking about a few individuals, I'd be with you, but the OP uses terms like "everyone", which means he thinks there were massive societal changes due to these events. I don't think this is very realistic, and unless your movie is extreme parody like Kung Pow, Enter the Fist, you do strive for a semblance of realism. I highly doubt Tarantino's idea of his world is anything like this guy's idea of that world. More likely, his alternate world was much more violent to begin with, which I could buy. But it's not just some alternate reality that only broke off from our starting with Hitler's alternate death, as the OP would suggest. I don't think you fully comprehended what he was saying.
Old 08-17-2012, 01:33 AM
Banned

The only correct answer to this thread was "what words?"

You all failed the gay test.

(Except Relapsee)
Old 08-17-2012, 01:33 AM
Banned

(..and by Relapsee I totally meant Vazdeline)

(sorry vaz)
Old 08-17-2012, 01:38 AM
Sarnak

Pretty sure the "girl" in OP's pic is a dude...
Old 08-17-2012, 01:49 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orruar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If he was only talking about a few individuals, I'd be with you, but the OP uses terms like "everyone", which means he thinks there were massive societal changes due to these events. I don't think this is very realistic, and unless your movie is extreme parody like Kung Pow, Enter the Fist, you do strive for a semblance of realism. I highly doubt Tarantino's idea of his world is anything like this guy's idea of that world. More likely, his alternate world was much more violent to begin with, which I could buy. But it's not just some alternate reality that only broke off from our starting with Hitler's alternate death, as the OP would suggest. I don't think you fully comprehended what he was saying.
Now this I can agree with. He does state everyone (which shouldn't be the case).

I was not saying his theory was correct or trying to even validate his thoughts. More so that using our standard wasn't appropriate. (I am also guilty of blatantly trolling you)

The guy's theory is clearly flawed by the way it is written. Not everyone from the Tarantino films (including the lesser actors) are the way he describes. It's mainly the prominent actors, who you would expect to have odd tendencies so that they are unique, that fall into his description.

I wouldn't say that it is just an alternate reality broken from that point of time, Hitler's death, but an alternate reality all on it's own from the beginning. It is however, clear that the only person even remotely capable of detailing why the people are the way they appear is Tarantino himself.

If he implies the term "everyone" to stand for the main actors that have a connection to other actors in other films, then I can somewhat agree with his theory on why they are the way that they are. However, I can't say that the masses of the entire world are heavily affected by what went on in the history of that reality, shown to us by previous movies. It's clear that multiple people seem very similar to our own standard person. Yet, it is common for 2 different experiences to have 2 different effects and being as such those people may seem similar but would, in fact, have very subtle differences (like how they perceive vengeance, justice, petty crime, murder, and so on).
Old 08-17-2012, 01:51 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbinlulz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The only correct answer to this thread was "what words?"

You all failed the gay test.

(Except Relapsee)
Some people have seen an ass before, even this particular one you so eloquently placed.
Old 08-17-2012, 08:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arteker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
tarantino is a overrated piece of shit aswell inglorius and anythin beyond pulp fiction.
quality post
Old 08-17-2012, 08:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autotune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Some people have seen an ass before, even this particular one you so eloquently placed.
ur hella straight bro
Closed Thread