Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2014, 09:53 AM
Banned

sorry i dont like boxing pal. dealwithit.jpg
Old 09-03-2014, 09:55 AM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Not_Kazowi

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ya dunno I 100% support boxing as the savior of red99 and vehemently disagree with anti-boxing propaganda but it doesn't seem to have much support so meh
I'm not anti boxing. I just don't believe it's what would save red99 or make it a bustling community.

I answered the poll as the question asked. If it had said do you want boxing on red99, then I may have answered yes.
Old 09-03-2014, 09:57 AM
Banned

Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-03-2014, 09:58 AM
Kobold

Hah jeeze, that guy's a fuckin clown. How many variance/boxing/wipe threads can one guy make?
Old 09-03-2014, 10:02 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac Drettj [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Beethoven, Cid, Doors, Edgat, Eslade, Gaffin 7.0, georgie, Glissando, Hamburgalur, Handpartytowel, harnold, Haynar, HippoNipple, indiscriminate_hater, Katrasle, Khellendros, krazyGlue, Liten, Miltidias, mostbitter, Nirgon, Nocsucow, Not_Kazowi, p99mina, Pikrib, Porz, Potus, Quiet, Rec, Red_Psyphon, Rheon, rollin5k, Rystar, SamwiseRed, Swish, Taboo, ThadCastle, Tyron, Varren, Vharvest, Zarzob

beethoven = bard
cid = sham/druid
doors = rogue/war
edgat = ranger
eslade = cleric
gaffin = cleric
hamburgl = cleric (?)
haynar = lvl 1 sk
Nirgon = top secret [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
pikrib = cleric
potus = necro
swish = ench

almost the rest of the list all play here too i just dont remember classes

dont be bias
Porz-monk
Old 09-03-2014, 10:07 AM
Banned

The thing that makes boxing interesting is that it allows every crew to do things on their own.

Imagine if Azrael didn't have to absorb half of hokuten?

Imagine if Nihilum never had to have 80 warm bodies and could just two box raiding with nilly core only?

Dentists
Circle of Tyrants
Flowers
United Blood Nation
Plague
Smoke Break
Prophets of Slosh

All these individuals "crews" and small guilds would be able to have the roster necessary to do a fear or sky run or an epic fight etc. They already exist, but they are limited to skirmish PvP and 1 groupable content.

Classic EQ PvP is very niche. The majority of people have been playing with each other for several years and have lots of history with each other as enemies/friends.

Trying to force 150 people to have invite wars to accomplish anything, rather than allowing them to be self sufficient and fill their own rosters with friends via a two-box vessel doesn't make sense in our play environment. Blue? Yeah, 2000 people can learn to invite strangers. They have a revolving door of new blood and a much broader target market.
Old 09-03-2014, 10:09 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ya dunno I 100% support boxing as the savior of red99 and vehemently disagree with anti-boxing propaganda but it doesn't seem to have much support so meh
Its not enough to be boxing EQ, WoW, FF14, and LoL all at the same time so that you are completely useless in all of them you need to be 2 boxing in EQ also.

makes sense
Old 09-03-2014, 10:11 AM
Kobold

I also love how a person that only has a rogue and monk is bitching about no one playing a support class. If you were a cleric trying to level and saying you couldn't find groups and that you need to be able to 2 box a warrior or mage you might have legs to stand on, but you are already level 60 on 2 non support classes, stfu.

Stasis
You
Have
A
Disease
Banned

Show of hands how many people feel like dealing with Stasis or voting in his polls after this
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac Drettj [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Trying to force 150 people to have invite wars to accomplish anything, rather than allowing them to be self sufficient and fill their own rosters with friends via a two-box vessel doesn't make sense in our play environment. Blue? Yeah, 2000 people can learn to invite strangers. They have a revolving door of new blood and a much broader target market.
Not to mention that with such a small red pop, invite wars heavily teeter the scale of % of pop in 1 guild

We saw how nasty and bitter it turned everyone. Once Nihilum was disbanded (sure Azrael replaced them, but not nearly as large) everyone scattered into their own factions.

When your pushing 40%, 50% of population of the server in one guild on a PvP server... well, the rest of the 60% of people are kind of stuck fighting themselves and leaving you alone and it snowballs and ruins gameplay.
Closed Thread