Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2010, 11:23 AM
Kobold

I love the fact that one MMO will come to a static stop. The longer these MMOs continue to go they always become ruined. I have never seen a great MMO continue to grow into something better. EQ imploded after Velious, WoW was ruined in Burning Crusade, Star Wars Galaxy .. well everyone knows when that one was destroyed, and Dark Age of Camelot .. well you get the picture.

A MMO coming to a content stop is great, you can relax and play, not worrying about getting behind, you can make alts. The Devs could hold special events with no permanent impact to the great EQ trilogy. The game doesn't have to expand to keep going. EQ already takes a long time to level, why make the gap further and further for new players?
Old 02-28-2010, 11:27 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I never said a wipe would occur, and I would be against that. I said we may open up a second, new server, to start from the beginning again.
I think Rogean's answer is the best one possible. Good to hear!
Old 02-28-2010, 11:30 AM
Fire Giant

There are ways to make the game fun without adding expansions and increasing the level cap, or having aa's (any sort of grind), after you hit the new max lvl and get whatever aa's, your left in the same position, hopefully after so long the devs can create some content that adds more fun (that lasts) to classic eq, that doesn't necessarily make a new grind (if this is even possible), just gotta be creative (I am not : / )
Last edited by utenan; 02-28-2010 at 11:36 AM..
Old 02-28-2010, 11:37 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

I'm in favor of a wipe a while after Velious. A lot of new people are going to join during Kunark and Velious who might not otherwise get the to-50 classic run, and we are all here for that classic progression, after all. I'd have no problem giving up planar gear and dragon drops to do the whole thing again. It's the journey that's fun, not the destination.
Old 02-28-2010, 05:50 PM
Aviak

Thumbs up

I'm also in favor of a wipe. I have to agree its the journey that's fun. Once all the content has been played, I would sacrifice my character and gear to start over again. Gives me a chance to level a different class without being a twink.
Old 02-28-2010, 06:28 PM
Banned

i as well as a mass of other players would quit playing if a wipe ever occured

putting hundereds of days into playing and progressing your char to have it poof makes people feel ill, most that are up for a wipe are still lving here and have yet to put any time sinks in

obviously this server will not last forever but knowing a future wipe would prob cause alot of us to find something else to do with our free time

most of us will be making alts when future xpansions are released due to other races classes being avilable, there will be a new influx of players always as more people hear about the server

let the rest of us enjoy our uber gear
Old 02-28-2010, 06:51 PM
Fire Giant

The fact this is even being discussed at LEAST 1 1/2 years before it would even be considered is beyond me. Seriously guys, go do something else.
Old 02-28-2010, 10:40 PM
Sarnak

Well hopefully when/if the server is released it will be 99% classic clone, with the ui, old skeleton models and etc. just like eqclassic.org talked about.
Old 03-01-2010, 12:18 AM
Fire Giant

Default ..

For anyone that likes to raid or is of a raiding mentality, Velious is gonna suck. The content will be killed within the first 2-3 weeks (all of it) And it will be completely farmed for the next 1-2 months (maybe 3 months) And then that point will come where everyone will be looking at each other wondering.......what now?

You should keep an open mind about continuing the eq timeline past Velious, to discard it NOW like 2 years before the fact is pretty ignorant. I find it hard to believe people will not want to open Luclin and subsequent expansions when the time comes.
Old 03-01-2010, 12:27 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwence [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For anyone that likes to raid or is of a raiding mentality, Velious is gonna suck. The content will be killed within the first 2-3 weeks (all of it) And it will be completely farmed for the next 1-2 months (maybe 3 months) And then that point will come where everyone will be looking at each other wondering.......what now?

You should keep an open mind about continuing the eq timeline past Velious, to discard it NOW like 2 years before the fact is pretty ignorant. I find it hard to believe people will not want to open Luclin and subsequent expansions when the time comes.
I think someone is forgetting about the three different factions and huge faction grind.
Closed Thread