Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 08-11-2014, 01:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Found evidence at one point that no drop items would not be wielded by pets if given to them.

Obvi can't find it now [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].

Would be a great change.
pretty sure thats how this works now

I dont know of anyone using no drop items as pet weapons

maybe an example of an item you seen people use ?
Old 08-11-2014, 01:23 PM
Banned

Nah I remember trying to give the dispel sword from kael to a mob we charmed during Velious and it wouldn't take it oddly enough. Subsequent efforts with other no drop weapons also always failed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]... and yet... NPCs wield them if they spawn with them? It's intredasting for sure.

What we did succeed in doing was putting a Muzzle of Mardu and 2 summoned daggers on Dain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]. Pic of that success is on the Ascending Dawn archives (they killed it, fuckers).
Old 08-11-2014, 01:27 PM
Planar Protector

No drop items were insta-destroyed by mobs very early on because of the obvious exploit where you could charm a mob, give it uber no drop item, then kill and let someone else loot. Effectively transferring that no drop item.

To combat this they made it so that all no drop items given to NPC are instantly destroyed... Unless it's part of a quest MQ, then it just sits in limbo until the MQ is complete. If he mob is killed before then the item just disappears from limbo and isn't dropped by that NPC.
Old 08-11-2014, 01:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nah I remember trying to give the dispel sword from kael to a mob we charmed during Velious and it wouldn't take it oddly enough. Subsequent efforts with other no drop weapons also always failed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]... and yet... NPCs wield them if they spawn with them? It's intredasting for sure.

What we did succeed in doing was putting a Muzzle of Mardu and 2 summoned daggers on Dain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]. Pic of that success is on the Ascending Dawn archives (they killed it, fuckers).
I don't think it's under dispute that mobs didn't equip no drop items... MAYBE in the extremely like fall 99 days and before (I vaguely recall that, but I don't trust it). Best combo was glowing black sword and velium swiftblade (preferably on an unslowable mob that flurried)

Edit: ok yah it was true. I think that's how furor got his serverwide first level 50 rogue banned.
Old 08-11-2014, 01:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
and yet... NPCs wield them if they spawn with them? It's intredasting for sure.
I agree with this. CT should not be holding Soul Leech when he has it. Nor should Inny be holding his no drop weapons either.

Keldor Dek Torak's Orb should not be visible. The Dread Widow's Thyxl should not appear as a 'glowing pulsating orb' underneath its belly.

I could go on and on. Cleric of Innorruk in Hateplane should not have orb visible when they have shield.

Many violations of this which I chalked up to the Titanium client I assume.

However as far as I know, you cant hand a pet a no drop weapon and they wield it. The NPCs holding those items I listed upon spawning is a horse of a different color, but in the same barn.
Old 08-11-2014, 01:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree with this. CT should not be holding Soul Leech when he has it. Nor should Inny be holding his no drop weapons either.

Keldor Dek Torak's Orb should not be visible. The Dread Widow's Thyxl should not appear as a 'glowing pulsating orb' underneath its belly.

I could go on and on. Cleric of Innorruk in Hateplane should not have orb visible when they have shield.

Many violations of this which I chalked up to the Titanium client I assume.

However as far as I know, you cant hand a pet a no drop weapon and they wield it. The NPCs holding those items I listed upon spawning is a horse of a different color, but in the same barn.
Dain always held his heckle hammer if he had it. Mobs who could duel wield just wouldn't equip 2 handers ever.

Here's alla's picture of dain holding his no drop shield:

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=5486

edit: You're probably right. Those are probably titanium client issues. I don't think the models you mentioned supported weapons/items being shown/equipped.
Last edited by koros; 08-11-2014 at 01:40 PM..
Old 08-11-2014, 01:48 PM
Banned

I'll take no drop weapons that drop from humanoid NPCs for 800....

8]
Old 08-11-2014, 02:24 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by koros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
edit: You're probably right. Those are probably titanium client issues.
Nope. Server code. The client doesn't know anything about a mob's loot before it dies. If you see a weapon on 'em, it's because the server sent out an appearance packet for it.

edit: and old models were very rarely changed; they've probably had weapon attachment points on them since forever. Some of them double up as points to emit spell particles from.
Last edited by Zaela; 08-11-2014 at 02:29 PM..
Old 08-11-2014, 02:45 PM
Fire Giant

Could put no drop items on npcs and they would weld/show it. The old days of velious upgrades and handing the thurg guards old armor/robes/weapons so they look cool was all the craze.
Old 08-11-2014, 03:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaela [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nope. Server code. The client doesn't know anything about a mob's loot before it dies. If you see a weapon on 'em, it's because the server sent out an appearance packet for it.

edit: and old models were very rarely changed; they've probably had weapon attachment points on them since forever. Some of them double up as points to emit spell particles from.

Well whats unique about my memories and this project is I did not play a lick of Luclin.

So when I remember things it happened strictly in Classic trilogy.

CT never ever held his shit in hand, much like the Avatar of Fear did not wield the claws.

Same goes with Inny. Same goes with the Kael 'noble npc' Keldor showing his Orb.

Same goes for Chief in Droga should not be showing the Essence of Dol, nor should Pyzjn be showing the GBS.....

Many of these graphics must have been added later in terms of 'npc models showing them'.......I could go on some more.

Dartain the Lost should look the same with each of his drops equipped. The spectral turnkey in KC AND froglok zol knight (or whatever type of frog drops it) in Sebilis should not be 'wielding' the Book of Obulus when they have it. Same goes for Najena and froglok tactician when they have the Black Tome with Silver runes.

The shimmering orb graphic, GBS graphic, Book graphic simply did not appear on any npcs in the Classic Trilogy. CT/Inny models did not graphically appear to hold weapons.
Last edited by Erati; 08-11-2014 at 03:10 PM..