Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2011, 08:21 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by quido [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
but as you know, our protocol broke down somewhere. Haha total facepalm =)
I disagree:

Post subject: Invite Log: Lenfer - 57 Shadow Knight (APP) Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:18 am

Vent setup
Alt - Capitaine

From a forums standpoint, Capitaine was listed but Durtu was not. If the character Durtu was invited without record then shame on the individual who did not follow protocol. Beyond that, we would have to invasively log in to everyone's accounts to verify whether or not they are telling the truth so to say that the officers somehow knew is, well, retarded.

If Lenfer was two-boxing: bye bye. If it was an unfounded ban then it will get sorted out and this thread was pointless.

I say this with a grain of salt, of course, as this is RnF- the grounds of mouthbreathing mongoloids who can't put two and two together because they've only got one brain cell to utilize for the addition process. Derp, derp, annnnnd derp.
Old 09-26-2011, 08:35 AM
Banned

I believe his facepalm about the trak thing dill.
Old 09-26-2011, 08:37 AM
Planar Protector

Well color me salmon. Isn't that embarassing~

But it still applies for people like the OP and Theldios who insist on bandwagoning.
Old 09-26-2011, 09:00 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by quido [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can guarantee you that if other people knew for certain of someone breaking the rules, they would get the boot.
Old 09-26-2011, 09:02 AM
Fire Giant

All I got from this thread is that either:

a) TMO leadership is guilty by association for not reporting Lenfer and waiting for GMs to take action (as suggested by some earlier posts)

OR

b) TMO is a bunch of narcs and told on Lenfer (as claimed by posts by TMO members in later posts)

THOSE ARE THE ONLY TWO OPTIONS! Bunch of cheaters [or narcs] imo.

Seriously though - if he was just trading in EC, I honestly don't get the big problem with it. I know that it is against the rules, and as such, he shouldn't do it. However, in a situation like that, he isn't really causing any detriment to the server - in fact, if he were actively trading I would say that he was actually improving the server by adding to the economic activity in EC in a situation where he normally would not be (i.e. tracking, camping something else, etc).

I understand that the no 2box rule is in place for an important reason - we want to encourage players to play with other players (as opposed to a bot group). However, in a situation where someone is on two characters engaged in vastly different aspects of the game (trading v. playing) - I honestly don't see a detriment to the server. Obviously this would be something that would be difficult to police and regulate - I'm not really savvy in the technical aspects involved in something like that. I'm just saying, if you actually examine the rule in reference to a situation like this, it really makes the rule seem unnecessary, and in some regards, undesirable.

Basically - I don't know/care about Lenfer - but if he was just trading in EC while playing a character else where - I honestly don't see it as that severe an offense as someone powerleveling or actively multi-boxing in a group/exp/raid setting.
Old 09-26-2011, 09:17 AM
Sarnak

Lenfer, stop being trolled by anonymous morons and petition if you feel nothing is wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gratis View Post
Or you people could quit being children and stop treating minor issues as major infractions. There are tons of petitions coming in for reasons that can actually be resolved quickly and don't culminate in a message board brawl by a bunch of adults acting like brats.
Old 09-26-2011, 09:56 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenfer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you can ask to tusker and spudsy...... i paid for power lvl my monk lenfist

capitaine was in back up played by my girl friend ,(often afk)

durtu = capitaine = girl friend account and friend account ....
Capitaine was TMO's designated trainer in sol B Saturday night when they decided to camp everyone they had at prep and have Naggy trained as far as LDCs to wipe out any and all competition for the Naggy kill they so desperately needed.

Verified by TMO leadership / Lenfer? Or was all the petitions about this incident the spark that lead to the 2 boxing ban?
Old 09-26-2011, 09:59 AM
Sarnak

U LFG HS?
Old 09-26-2011, 10:01 AM
Sarnak

Lenfer in thread?? Memming Gate...

Swishahouse Swishablast
Luminary of 57 Spirits
Junglist
Bard of 16 Anthems
Pokeball Flinger
Old 09-26-2011, 10:12 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aadill [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well color me salmon. Isn't that embarassing~

But it still applies to me for bandwagoning.
Fixed
Closed Thread