Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2011, 08:55 PM
Planar Protector

the best was killing a guy, then NOT burning his body, but instead dragging it way outside of town. heh. remember dumping this guy in the river with a shark swimming around in it. i liked to imagine those guys calling out for help for like 40 minutes trying to get someone to res them before finally resigning himself that no help was coming
Old 10-23-2011, 08:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palemoon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Its called fostering a mature gamming community Darwoth.

I hope their current recruit a guide campaign nets a large pool of new GMs/Guides and they sweep in a new era of adult like mature community here.
give me a break, flaming on the boards or saying something negative about europeans is grounds for any action at all let alone a ban?

a mature community would not get so butthurt over such a trivial nothing, but rather immature crybabies with paper thin skins that never learned the "sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me" mantra that the rest of the world learned in kindergarden.
Old 10-23-2011, 08:56 PM
Planar Protector

well fuck. maybe they put it in and didnt tell me! hah. i never tried it again. or maybe my poison was just too badass to bottle
Old 10-23-2011, 09:00 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol.. until the tiger got killed and someone just picked it up and kept it? never saw anyone doing that

i always liked those guys who kept it interesting around the square in town though
Well the people who did that were already bored high level players usually, who only got their excitement in greifing other players (like Darwoth). They did not care if they lost a tiger every now and then. Figurines would break eventually on a random throw anyways.

Griefing at its core is a very selfish thing, i've dabbled in it on the rare ocassion, but as i've matured I see it for what it is. I guess some never grow out of it (Darwoth).

The one attraction of well run EMUs over pay to play games, is usually the community is very mature, self polices well, and when that fails the administrators come down like a thunderbolt on cheaters and people generally poisionous to the communities well being.
Old 10-23-2011, 09:06 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwoth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
give me a break, flaming on the boards or saying something negative about europeans is grounds for any action at all let alone a ban?

a mature community would not get so butthurt over such a trivial nothing, but rather immature crybabies with paper thin skins that never learned the "sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me" mantra that the rest of the world learned in kindergarden.
Point me to a "mature community" that would tolerate the level of flameing, foul language, griefing, etc. that goes on here?

None. Go to the kesmai or DAOC emu and throw around a dozen "dipshits" like you do here, and tell me how that works out.

Its the difference between polite mature society, and the trailer park.
Old 10-23-2011, 09:24 PM
Banned

any pvp community that is not full of self righteous assholes that are far less enjoyable to be around than the worst of the worst message board douchebags is similar to this one, look at any uo emulator with a pop over a few hundred, look at the shadowbane emulator, every eq emulator i have ever played on.

the difference is that the 14 people on the shitty legends of kesmai emulator are there by invite only and are playing a game that through its entire existence was a carebear game (ie kill 3 people get permabanned, lol)

daoc is basically the first world of warcraft themepark type game to come out, and was a total piece of garbage until they release the ffa servers as such the majority of the people there are going to be from the kiddie pool and unable to handle adversity in any form.

so, your one example (barely a dozen people on a private lok server doesnt count) is a pretty shitty one.

trashtalk, rivalries and breaking one off in the other guy is a large part of what makes pvp fun and any quality pvp emulator understands this, which i assume is why the staff let shit slide on the pvp boards they would not let go on the carebear boards.

maturity is ignoring someone calling you a faggot in tells, immaturity is crying for them to be banned for doing so. guess we know where you fit in.
Old 10-23-2011, 09:32 PM
Planar Protector

Trash talk is fun to a point, but sometimes it goes way too far. I'm really hoping Red99 has a good amount of GMs that will enforce the play nice policy.
Old 10-23-2011, 09:35 PM
Fire Giant

No, that kind of behavior is what destroyed communities, not "made them better". I watched it happen in Shadowbane from release till they closed their doors. In the last year it was NOTHING but constant "shit talk", flaming, etc. Was sad and poisonous, all the mature people left the game and the company went under.

And its why the biggest and best EMUs like the DAOC one linked above, throw people like you out.

I mean, you just bragged about tricking people into drinking poision to avoid a karma point in LoK so you could grief them consequence free. You are a griefer and a exploiter and people like you have slowly but surely destroyed MMO communities from the beggining till now.

And the difference between 10 years ago and now is, there are a whole lot more people just like you for some reason. We could handle you back on rallos because most of us played the game to play, not grief. These days it absolutly takes active GM support to keep the griefers/shittalkers/community well poisoners (litterally in your case), in check.
Last edited by Palemoon; 10-23-2011 at 09:39 PM..
Old 10-23-2011, 09:37 PM
Banned

pretty sure what destroyed shadowbane was the buggy broken game, not the community calling each other shitheads.
Old 10-23-2011, 09:44 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwoth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
pretty sure what destroyed shadowbane was the buggy broken game, not the community calling each other shitheads.
wrong, the game was absoutly great fun to play the first couple of years. People played politics, there was a very large and mature "lore play" (roleplay, in game actions based on the lore of their cities charter or guilds race) community, merchant towns, etc.

Despite pretty crippling bugs and random sb.exe crashes to desktops etc.

The griefers, dupers, and exploiters it what killed shadowbane. They wore the moderators down, they wore the GMs down, they wore the community down.

Im afraid the same thing will happen on red99 after being on these boards awhile and seeing /ooc in game. Which will really be a shame. The rest of us will leave and you can trade corpse camping episodes with the 30 odd VZTZ brewws.
Closed Thread