Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2015, 01:08 PM
Planar Protector

Here's how I see your job:

-We're playing an online fantasy game, so that attracts a certain group of people
-The message boards are for trolling, bitching, and e-peen waving from the worst the server has to offer
-Many of the people on the message boards use this place as a way to escape their sad lives, get attention and validation (good or bad), and feel like they have some sort of worth, full well knowing they don't
-Then you have the worst, the people that don't play the game but still post because they are so impotent and unimportant in RL this is the only place for them

I guess what I'm saying is, your job is to stand over a vast landfill full of garbage and search for the odd item that is too gross or smelly for that landfill.

You have my sympathy sir, I could not do your job for pay.
Old 11-20-2015, 01:13 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malevz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

-We're playing an online fantasy game, so that attracts a certain group of people
-The message boards are for trolling, bitching, and e-peen waving from the worst the server has to offer
-Many of the people on the message boards use this place as a way to escape their sad lives, get attention and validation (good or bad), and feel like they have some sort of worth, full well knowing they don't
-Then you have the worst, the people that don't play the game but still post because they are so impotent and unimportant in RL this is the only place for them

I guess what I'm saying is, your job is to stand over a vast landfill full of garbage and search for the odd item that is too gross or smelly for that landfill.

then u have the people who has a life, richer or poorer, happier or sadier, with gf or without that just enjoy the game and would like to see the forums being used for practical purposes like guides, helping new people, debating about game mechanics and culture. some flame from time to time on guild wars and individuals to follow whats going on and thats it. rest is shit

i also think that what u described is the 5% of this community and what i described is the 95
Old 11-20-2015, 01:48 PM
Former Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malevz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGONBAIT [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
then u have the people who has a life, richer or poorer, happier or sadier, with gf or without that just enjoy the game and would like to see the forums being used for practical purposes like guides, helping new people, debating about game mechanics and culture. some flame from time to time on guild wars and individuals to follow whats going on and thats it. rest is shit

i also think that what u described is the 5% of this community and what i described is the 95
That's about right. People often think that half of this is suffering, when really the worst parts are dealing with a select few people. The small satisfactions are in restoring a corpse for someone who hasn't played in a year, or helping someone new figure out why they can't swim up.

I've done administration for a TF2 server community and a Minecraft server, both of which were less present. In TF2 my job was to ban people for language and lewd sprays, but I was one of 100 odd admins and overall it was less important when it went free to play. In Minecraft I had to deal with a constant fluctuation of tools. Some weeks we'd have logs, some weeks we didn't. There our playerbase was mostly minors as well (actually had an admin who's son was playing and got banned, listening in on that talk was hilarious).

I have an AMA running in the subreddit so I'm feeling sort of story-y, but that's sort of where my perspective comes from.
Old 11-20-2015, 03:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGONBAIT [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I agree 100% here. I find the 5% annoying because what they do on the board probably costs the server a good number of new players. But yes, I didn't mean to suggest that they were a high percentage, just that dealing with them must be taxing.
Old 11-20-2015, 03:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samsung [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'll make sure I moderate Colgate and Colgate 2.0 to make sure he's following the rules. Also he's one of the leaders of Empire.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-20-2015, 04:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guide.Chroma [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's about right. People often think that half of this is suffering, when really the worst parts are dealing with a select few people. The small satisfactions are in restoring a corpse for someone who hasn't played in a year, or helping someone new figure out why they can't swim up.

I've done administration for a TF2 server community and a Minecraft server, both of which were less present. In TF2 my job was to ban people for language and lewd sprays, but I was one of 100 odd admins and overall it was less important when it went free to play. In Minecraft I had to deal with a constant fluctuation of tools. Some weeks we'd have logs, some weeks we didn't. There our playerbase was mostly minors as well (actually had an admin who's son was playing and got banned, listening in on that talk was hilarious).

I have an AMA running in the subreddit so I'm feeling sort of story-y, but that's sort of where my perspective comes from.
hehehe, trolls in minecraft... i bet they're a real special breed. next gen elf sim players.
Old 11-20-2015, 04:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samsung [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well its important leaders and officers of all guilds are held accountable for what they do here. That includes in game suspensions if the csr staff doesn't start doing this these forums will never change. Suspending a forum account means nothing.
Sektors stop trying to do anything moral.

You got banned for rmt twice maybe three times.

Nobody wants to hear shit that you want to say. So log in Ts, join brobbs channel, and tell him to log off too so his kids might start calling him dad again.
Old 11-20-2015, 06:02 PM
Planar Protector

Fuck the french, god damn tidal wave of censorship and fear comin to the US now

support the troops
Old 11-20-2015, 06:18 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guide.Chroma [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My stomach matured past the need to drink milk, for I am not a baby. Therefore I cannot process dairy and do not eat ice cream. That said, mint chocolate chip.
real men drink man milk. Patsy.
Old 11-20-2015, 06:25 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Sektor

Quote:
Originally Posted by iiNGloriouS [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sektors stop trying to do anything moral.

You got banned for rmt twice maybe three times.

Nobody wants to hear shit that you want to say. So log in Ts, join brobbs channel, and tell him to log off too so his kids might start calling him dad again.
#1 Wow with the real life attacks, I'll be sure to report this to Gardur.

#2 People make mistakes, for me RMTing was one of them, I've been punished for it and paid my debt to society.

#3 I've never did slimy stuff like stripping, stealing, rl attacks etc etc

#4 You are super delusional and I guarantee you I have better morals than 95% of this god awful community.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuffpuppy View Post
Saint Sektor cleansing the server of sick humans. This guy deserves VIP / Contributor status.
Closed Thread