Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 08-20-2023, 04:42 PM
Fire Giant

I like gnome. Being small w/wallhacks and neutral faction by default is solid if marginal as an ench.
Old 08-20-2023, 05:05 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Everyone says cha is easy to get and that’s true, but budget cha gear usually doesn’t have hardly any other stats on it

So eventually you can get your cha to 255, but realize that your hp and ac are crap (int really doesn’t matter much)

Then comes the mini-game of figuring out where you can sacrifice some cha for some survivability

It’s like the meme about men’s shirts: correct length, correct width, correct sleeve length, pick 2 (you’ll never get 3)

Note: this is non-raider perspective
Even raiders struggle with this game.
But basic raid gear,like hate stuff and some thurg armor and you can do pretty good. Easy fun raids not even the sweaty stuff.
Old 08-20-2023, 05:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatChapp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Even raiders struggle with this game.
But basic raid gear,like hate stuff and some thurg armor and you can do pretty good. Easy fun raids not even the sweaty stuff.
Yeah, meh, there's just forms to fill out and stuff on discord to raid and I still can't be bothered yet. But someday...

This is about the best I can possibly get stats thus far self-buffed at 58 with 17-18k worth of only TunnelQuested gear. No raiding, no grouping. Only have second to last rank of AC buff because no one will effin sell me Umbra, so that's like -9ac

I can still move some stats around and make some improvements, but every upgrade is now at the starting at 7k range, and some way up from there

This is HIE race, all points into Cha. It's actually pretty hard to keep cha up there AND try to find some survivability. I think many other chanters would sacrifice cha for more surv
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0 a 1 1 stats.jpg (16.5 KB, 4 views)
Old 08-20-2023, 05:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infectious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Let's get DsM input on this, it must go 100 pages!
I laughed
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 08-20-2023, 06:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwilson21 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How successful is the hide ability on a dark elf? If people
keep mentioning this as a perk then it should be something that can be relied on instead of a goblin gazughi ring during the leveling process. If it has a 80% success rate then I would imagine dark elf would be a good choice. If you’re trying to hide when mobs at below 10% and it rarely works then that would be super frustrating.

Does anyone have any knowledge of the success rate?

I’ve never played a dark elf so im curious how useful it would be. I’ve always picked high elf for the high charisma. Swapping illusions only takes a few seconds so it doesn’t bother me considering you’re constantly swapping spells anyway so it’s not like you’re having to do something you wouldn’t be accustomed to doing in the first place.
You don't use hide to break charm. Get a goblin g ring for instant charm breaks.

You use hide to stay invis indefinitely while AFK.

But only DE can go perma-invis and safely AFK in areas without see invis.

That makes them superior =)
Old 08-20-2023, 06:20 PM
Planar Protector

From a starting stat perspective, Humans have the most STA and the second most CHA. Caster gear usually has a lot of INT/WIS on it, so Human is probably the best choice statistically. Enchanters can also buff their INT/CHA. No Enchanter race has a significant racial like HP Regen, so it doesn't matter too much at the end of the day.

Religion is probably going to affect you more, which is why you should pick agnostic. You will have a better time with your various illusions without having to do a bunch of faction work.

I like racial hide for quickly going invis if I need to meditate. From what I remember racial hide is not reliable enough to use for Charm breaks, and it has a few seconds cooldown timer.

EDIT: You could actually just make a level 1 Dark Elf Enchanter to try it out. Buy your level 1 Animation Pet, summon it, and see how often you can kill it. Just give this DE a bit of plat so they can buy enough Tiny Daggers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infectious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Let's get DsM input on this, it must go 100 pages!
You should talk to Troxx instead. He has hundreds of posts that are just gifs. That is where bloat comes from. Let's wait and see how many gifs he ends up posting here.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 08-20-2023 at 06:29 PM..
Old 08-20-2023, 06:24 PM
Planar Protector

DSM in? Castle2.0 out.
Old 08-20-2023, 07:19 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Play whatever you want to look at from behind for 1,000,000 hours is the final verdict.
Old 08-20-2023, 07:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwilson21 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Play whatever you want to look at from behind for 1,000,000 hours is the final verdict.
You can cast illusion for that.
Old 08-20-2023, 08:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
You can cast illusion for that.
True. Enchanters have the best fashion options, since they can look like any class. You can be a bit more min/max minded if you want to be with an Enchanter, even though it won't matter much in the end.

Some people do like the fashion of what they look like without illusion though. I picked Human Enchanter because my character's name is from a book. I like the idea of what my original form looks like for lore purposes.