Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 08:23 AM
Kobold

What "necessary" research? He admits to exploiting mob pathing. He doesn't get a free ride due to ignorance.

Live-
Icelf Crystalfrost - 65 Iksar Beastlord (Saryrn)
Icelf Crystalfrost - 51 Human Ranger (Bertox)
Old 02-27-2012, 09:00 AM
Banned

I'm sorry but 1 week suspension for that is ludicrous. Obviously they are newer players and a warning would suffice.
Old 02-27-2012, 09:08 AM
Kobold

If i was new and i figured that running onto a ledge had an advantage to me, i wouldnt auto think "this might be a bannable exploit" .... sure it's nice to confirm such things, but if it doesnt come to mind in the form of a question, how can you possibly figure out that what you're doing is wrong?

With that in mind, if the poor sod pleaded guilty and stopped exploiting (provided he was given the chance) then it would be fine right? but an outright suspension for a new player that isn't familiar with the rules just because he isn't an insane dick face that likes to keep a copy beside him for hardcore lawyering, is very much overkill and a game killer for me.

Hell, less would be a game killer for me. Amelinda, lighten up. Especially in BB, i mean come on.
Old 02-27-2012, 09:10 AM
Kobold

Sorry if my thoughts are so disjointed and sometimes dont make sense (or if i've missed something out) just typing this out in between work so no time to edit and clean my thoughts up =p

kiss you all.
Old 02-27-2012, 09:15 AM
Aviak

You were told that it was an exploit as amelinda said, yet you persisted. Not to mention that the rule for playing on this before you even finish signing up, is to read the rules. You got off easy, and this should be in the petition forum.
Old 02-27-2012, 09:19 AM
Banned

He said the one player said he was petitioning but would not explain why, so he was not warned of what he was doing wrong.
Old 02-27-2012, 09:19 AM
Kobold

I think he meant Amelinda said that the other player in question warned him, which he didn't in reality because he was using the same exploit, which is the exact point of the rant.

She did not check to see if he was warned, or if the petitioner in question was in fact using the exploit himself, petitioning only to rid himself of the competition.
Old 02-27-2012, 09:40 AM
Banned

If the person who petitioned, Thaid, got this person suspended and then went on using the exploit once they were gone then he should have been suspended as well if not worse. Looks like that problem is already taken care of though from someone posting his rant about quitting.
Old 02-27-2012, 10:38 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverixdamighty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He said the one player said he was petitioning but would not explain why, so he was not warned of what he was doing wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowgun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
but she swiftly replied with "Doesnt matter, these people told you it was an exploit."
He knew it was wrong, and if he didn't then he should have or he shouldn't be playing. End of story.
Old 02-27-2012, 10:50 AM
Kobold

You guys have to understand that Amelinda is being asked to police a server that has 600+ active people on it at peak times. That is an incredibly difficult task. As such, if you break the rules, even in ignorance, expect to get a slap on the wrist (which is all that a week suspension is, seriously, if that caused your friend to quit then he wasn't going to be here long anyways).

Live-
Icelf Crystalfrost - 65 Iksar Beastlord (Saryrn)
Icelf Crystalfrost - 51 Human Ranger (Bertox)
Closed Thread